• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ok so I'm trying to get into this whole PSA thing so I can look at Peach (in a none perverted way), specifically at her Turnips

Basically, I want to make her broken by finding some way to pull up Bob-ombs consistantly or Stitchfaces or some crazy stuff like that in an ordinary Brawl match. This would help her KO issue massively...plus, I'm sick of pulling up normal Turnips and then randomly pulling up a Beam Sword and throwing it away

I don't know what codes for her Turnips and don't know what determines what she plucks up when she activates her Down Special so I'm trying out this PSA thing but...I've fallen over at the first hurdle ><

I can't seem to get any of the various files the guides are telling me to download to work. They all just pop up as Unknown File type and this Microsoft .net Framework v3.5 tells me I have a Set up error constantly

I realise I'm incompetent with this whole thing but I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me why the stuff is going wrong, I've been doing everything ok as far as the guides have said. Also, where can I find the correct pac thing (FitPeach.pac is it called?)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Now that DDDs .pac works, how can I use it to figure out his frame data? I was told PSA makes it easy. Is this true?
BrawlBox is easier if your trying to find out how long an animation is. Just open the FitCharacterMotionEct.pac in BrawlBox, then go under animations, then go under the first folder that, then find you animation. Click on that animation and check how many frames it is.

If that's not what you want, then yes, PSA is your best bet probably for whatever you're looking for.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
BrawlBox is easier if your trying to find out how long an animation is. Just open the FitCharacterMotionEct.pac in BrawlBox, then go under animations, then go under the first folder that, then find you animation. Click on that animation and check how many frames it is.

If that's not what you want, then yes, PSA is your best bet probably for whatever you're looking for.
What I really want is to know when the hitbox comes out and when its gone.
Since this is hitboxes, I'm assuming that it is PSA releated. But, the guide says to look for something labled Timer and I don't see that on any of the attacks. Are the numbers placed somewhere else within all the information?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I can't seem to get any of the various files the guides are telling me to download to work. They all just pop up as Unknown File type and this Microsoft .net Framework v3.5 tells me I have a Set up error constantly

I realise I'm incompetent with this whole thing but I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me why the stuff is going wrong, I've been doing everything ok as far as the guides have said. Also, where can I find the correct pac thing (FitPeach.pac is it called?)
Here are the .pacs: Meowmix_Character Effects

I didn't need the .NET Framework, so I can't give that to you. Google it.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Synchronous timer and Asynchronous timers are what you are looking for.

Asynch timers count from the beginning of the animation, ignoring everything before that.
Synch timers count starting at Asynch or Synch before it. These require some addition.

So if you see

Asynchronous timer: frame = 7
Set LABit[0] = true
Synchronous timer: frame = 9
Special Offensive Collision:

Then the hitbox comes out on frame 16.

However, if you have

Asynchronous timer: frame = 7
Set LABit[0] = true
Asynchronous timer: frame = 9
Special Offensive Collision:

Then the hitbox comes out on frame 9.
Make sense?

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Never mind, someone answered it better. Since I have posted anyways, I might as well ask. What are all the Bits? Like, what are they all and what do they do?

shanus

Smash Hero
How many people have adjusted many of the attributes to fine tune gravities and jump heights?

I've been toying with Jump V Initial, Hop V Initial, terminal velocity, gravity, and edge jump V and found something peculiar which I need to test to figure out.

One of these settings is effecting the dash speed of the character. Does anyone know which offhand?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
How many people have adjusted many of the attributes to fine tune gravities and jump heights?

I've been toying with Jump V Initial, Hop V Initial, terminal velocity, gravity, and edge jump V and found something peculiar which I need to test to figure out.

One of these settings is effecting the dash speed of the character. Does anyone know which offhand?
I have, pretty extensively. Isn't 0x010 controlling that? I was having issues with Geno dashing too far, so I cut that down, I believe.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how to make a graphic/hitbox appear at an opponents position. For example, if I wanted to make a lightning strike where an opponent is, or make sleep hitbox where he is, how would I do that?

Sonic's homing attack uses that concept doesn't it? I searched in the pac and found nothing.

Thank you

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Does anyone know how to make a graphic/hitbox appear at an opponents position. For example, if I wanted to make a lightning strike where an opponent is, or make sleep hitbox where he is, how would I do that?

Sonic's homing attack uses that concept doesn't it? I searched in the pac and found nothing.

Thank you
I don't believe there is any known way to do this.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe there is any known way to do this.
Well, I'm probably just spewing ***********, but maybe you can make small hitboxes that do zero damage and have no knockback or flinching and change the X-offset and Y-offsets to variables, increasing them and not including a timer so they kinda take up the whole screen at once, but in little bits. You can then use an OB (Hit with Hitbox) requirement so when the hitboxes make contact with the opponent, your variables have locked on. Just make a real hitbox or GFX with those variables as offsets! (Must be LA, I think) That's probably impossible, but sounds cool.

How do you make it so variables can be used as offsets?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Well, I'm probably just spewing ***********, but maybe you can make small hitboxes that do zero damage and have no knockback or flinching and change the X-offset and Y-offsets to variables, increasing them and not including a timer so they kinda take up the whole screen at once, but in little bits. You can then use an OB (Hit with Hitbox) requirement so when the hitboxes make contact with the opponent, your variables have locked on. Just make a real hitbox or GFX with those variables as offsets! (Must be LA, I think) That's probably impossible, but sounds cool.

How do you make it so variables can be used as offsets?
This is the kind of plan that the phrase "just crazy enough to work" was made for.

I don't actually know if variables work as offsets though. If they do, it'd be a float variable.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how many graphic effects can be on the screen at once before the game crashes? I really need to know this, because I have thought up a similarly crazy plan to make a solid lazer beam of a GFX, preferably some bright light, but it requires a ton of graphic effects and uses variables as offsets. I know that graphic effects work with variables as offsets for sure.

A third crazy plan: Why can't you use Generate Item to make a bomb in your hand and then throw it at the ground while you have 1 frame super armor to damage yourself as an easy yet extremely limited alternative to damaging yourself? Sure there will be an explosion at your feet and the explosion might hit your opponent too, but it would kinda make sense with something like Roy's fully charged Flare Blade.

On a more serious note, does anyone know how to slow down or speed up the duration of a graphic effect or if it is even possible?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Brawl has a limit to graphics after which it simply doesn't render them anymore. So you'll never crash it, your effects will just not show up.

That is also a legitimate crazy plan.

Changing the speed of a graphic effect is currently not possible.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
A few questions.

Articles. How do I put them on the character? And can I only use as many as a character has? Like, I want to put G-dorf's sword on Zelda in place one of her articles (not Din's fire, maybe one of the ones that freeze the game or something?) What do I do exactly? Been searchin', found nada. Will keep searching.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
A few questions.

Articles. How do I put them on the character? And can I only use as many as a character has? Like, I want to put G-dorf's sword on Zelda in place one of her articles (not Din's fire, maybe one of the ones that freeze the game or something?) What do I do exactly? Been searchin', found nada. Will keep searching.
Well this isn't really related to PSA, but...

You'd just copy over their entire CharacterEtc Archive, and select the articles as you normally would.

I haven't found a way to create a new article for a character.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but you guys really are useful. I didn't find any info on this so how would you give a wall jump to a character who doesn't. I noticed Zero has a "wall climb", would it be posible to make it so that instead of jumping up, a character would wall jump upon a jump.

Thanks

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but you guys really are useful. I didn't find any info on this so how would you give a wall jump to a character who doesn't. I noticed Zero has a "wall climb", would it be posible to make it so that instead of jumping up, a character would wall jump upon a jump.

Thanks
Well, I'm not exactly sure how to make that, but I know you would to give him an animation for it by swapping animations with someone else through Brawlbox. (Thread here.)

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I know, the animation is not the problem. I just need to know how to make it possible in the moveset. But thanks anyway.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
How would I change a free fall animation to a normal falling animation? like,

for some reason, when my mario tornado is executed in the air, mario goes into a free fall state. how would I change this to normal falling?

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Well this isn't really related to PSA, but...

You'd just copy over their entire CharacterEtc Archive, and select the articles as you normally would.

I haven't found a way to create a new article for a character.
What do you mean exactly? Like, I want to keep Zelda's Din's Fire, but I also want her to have Ganondorf's sword. Actually, if there's an article thread, I can always go to that. However, I don't think there are any on this site. Could be wrong though.

Top Bottom