• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Change Action whatever, requirement on ground,
Additional Requirement Button Pressed, whatever,
Additional Requirement, that stuff that detects down on the joystick.

lazyspeed activate
"That stuff that detects down on the joystick" is what I need. I have no idea how to read that. If I can get that, I'll be able to add spin dash, which is on the top of my to-do list.
Solved.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
This is a bit of a lengthy question, but I'm just starting to learn how to use PSA and I was wondering if I could have some help...

(For whatever reason...) I'm making a mod on Sonic that makes him move almost exactly the same as in his Sega Genesis games. In other words, he has to slowly accelerate to get to full speed, he hurts people when he's jumping/rolling, no double jump, and he can't attack.

Now here are some issues I'm having:

1. Is it possible to disable dashing? In the "dash" event, I put a command to change to the "slow walk" event, but the animation just freezes on the first frame of the dash animation and he still gets propelled forward unless you stop holding left/right, and you can only stop by shield rolling, or jumping.

Partially solved. I simply added an "Allow Interrupt" command, but it still runs for 1 frame, so the horizontal speed of Sonic goes to 0...
Have you tried changing the animation from Run to Walk2, then adjusting the run speed and acceleration to fit your needs?

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Have you tried changing the animation from Run to Walk2, then adjusting the run speed and acceleration to fit your needs?
How do you change acceleration and maximum speed for running? In PSA's attributes list, I see walk acceleration, stopturn acceleration, dash initial velocity and run initial velocity, but no run acceleration or maximum running speed. Is it an unlabled variable or are these values determined by something else?

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
How do you change acceleration and maximum speed for running? In PSA's attributes list, I see walk acceleration, stopturn acceleration, dash initial velocity and run initial velocity, but no run acceleration or maximum running speed. Is it an unlabled variable or are these values determined by something else?
I think that the animation itself already moves you...

Can you use the momentum code to add or subtract momentum to fit he speed that you want?

I have several questions and I would greatly appreciate it if even one of them was answered.

1. Is there a code to get rid of and end graphic effects? Other than setting the last boolean to true?

2. Kinda related to the previous question: Can you change the way your shield looks like Yoshi (maybe with BrawlBox!) or make it so your shield GFX does not show up when you shield? If it is possible to change your shield through BrawlBox, can someone tell me how?

3. Are the numbers listed in attributes related to your running speed? I mean, they obviously are, but if your speed is 1, does that mean you move at 1 scalar per frame or something like that?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I'm guessing it hasn't been discovered yet then :/

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
I could, but then sonic wouldn't start with his walking animation and end with his running animation. But I'm not really worried about that right now...

Is there a "requirement" that would be something like "If offensive collisions have made contact"? I saw on a forum someone said 0B was for that, but it didn't seem to do anything...

Also, still trying to figure out how to say "if analog stick is in down position"...
Solved.

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
Hey I just need a quick question answered real fast. When I download a PSA character what exactly do I rename the file to allow me to play as that character? Sorry I couldn't find anything about that in the First post and im just trying this out yesterday. >__< ;;

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I have a question, is it possible to change the neutral stance animation without affecting any replay?
I have wait1 switched to swing4hold

EDIT: If you want to use a PSA character change it into example Captn Falconm, make it (FitCaptain.pac)

MaxThunder

PM Support
Hey I just need a quick question answered real fast. When I download a PSA character what exactly do I rename the file to allow me to play as that character? Sorry I couldn't find anything about that in the First post and im just trying this out yesterday. >__< ;;
look at the stickied texture thread... using psa character is exactly like using textures... only thair called fit(charactername).pac instead of fit(charactername)(texturenumber).pac... and in that thread you'll find the character names and in what directories to put it...

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I have a question, is it possible to change the neutral stance animation without affecting any replay?
I have wait1 switched to swing4hold

EDIT: If you want to use a PSA character change it into example Captn Falconm, make it (FitCaptain.pac)
If you change the animation, the hurtboxes will be in a slightly different position, and may desynch the replay.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Yep, it's 0B. Try using a different If if the one you used didn't get the job done :v
What do you mean? Try using a different what?

When you call 0B, do you also have to specify what bone will be colliding? Because all I did was "If OB = true...", and are there any other ones besides 0B that I can use? (Maybe that's what you where talking about TSoNO)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
What do you mean? Try using a different what?)
He means use 0B as a requirement for a change action.
Otherwise you have to loop so that the if is checked repeatedly.

Is there anyway to avoid this?
Don't change the animation. Think about it. If you change where the bones are, the replay isn't gonna play back the same way.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand the concept of float whatsoever. Even after reading the guide and following the links to the calculators, that only confused me more.

I thought that if I went to scalar and typed in 1, if I then switched to value, it would say the floating point equivalent. I did so and it said 0000EA60, but the calculators say that the floating point equivalent of 1 is 3F800000, which PSA says is well OVER 9000 in scalar.

I don't get it.

What I REALLY need to know is, if you add one in scalar to a float variable, what does its value become?

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Simple question: Where in the flags are the sound efects on hit? Let's say a simple punch. If it hits, it will make a sound. That sound effect is absent if it doesn't hit. Where is that specific sound situated in the flag?

Thank you

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I don't understand the concept of float whatsoever. Even after reading the guide and following the links to the calculators, that only confused me more.

I thought that if I went to scalar and typed in 1, if I then switched to value, it would say the floating point equivalent. I did so and it said 0000EA60, but the calculators say that the floating point equivalent of 1 is 3F800000, which PSA says is well OVER 9000 in scalar.

I don't get it.

What I REALLY need to know is, if you add one in scalar to a float variable, what does its value become?
Basically, just think of it this way. Float variables contain Scalar values. That's pretty much all you need to know for PSA. I can't think of an instance where the actual "value" (in hex) matters as far as PSA is concerned.

@Humility: I don't believe anyone knows for certain how flags contain info other than element. I've heard contrasting information on them from many sources in the past.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Simple question: Where in the flags are the sound efects on hit? Let's say a simple punch. If it hits, it will make a sound. That sound effect is absent if it doesn't hit. Where is that specific sound situated in the flag?

Thank you
Has anyone noticed that the slash noise for different people is different? Ike's slashes make a BOOM noise, and it's not a SFX (I think) while Marth's is not as loud.

What really made me think this is that Lucas's slashes sound like electric... his Usmash is actually a slash. o.0

Quick Question: Can you slow down a graphic effect? So that a fire lasts longer before it burns out, or something?

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Nah, it should work as is. I recommend trying different actions, such as perhaps an aerial jump. I'm just throwing out the best idea I have.

@brawlshifter: I'll try out your file when I get the chance to use my Wii.
Ok, that hasn't been working. Do I have to add that position moving thing to it?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Ok, that hasn't been working. Do I have to add that position moving thing to it?
That's odd... momentum commands shouldn't be necessary, no. Can you get it to change action at all with Hit with Hitbox? Perhaps try a simple action, like tumble. Posting a screenshot of the move in PSA would help too.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Action 19 is "Land Disabled". You want action C, which is "second jump". There may be a different problem, but that's all I can see from here.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Alas, it did not work. Maybe it's something to do with the timers? Or perhaps I need to add an if?
:/ According to my understanding, it should work flawlessy. So, absolutely nothing happens when you hit someone? Does Shanoa flinch or cancel the attack at all? I'm grasping for any explanation here...

If anything, I guess move the Change Action up to immediately before the hitboxes.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
:/ According to my understanding, it should work flawlessy. So, absolutely nothing happens when you hit someone? Does Shanoa flinch or cancel the attack at all? I'm grasping for any explanation here...

If anything, I guess move the Change Action up to immediately before the hitboxes.
I moved it to before and after. Alas, nothing. Is 0B the right requirement?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I moved it to before and after. Alas, nothing. Is 0B the right requirement?
It definitely is... maybe it just doesn't work with certain characters...? I don't know. Perhaps trying the 1st "Change Action" event (with the undefined value at 0) would have better results. I'm just guessing now. I could take a look at it for you at some point if you want to PM me the file, because really I want to know why this doesn't work.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Some things in this just have no visible explanation, such as my Captain Falcon problem. By the way, have you gotten any progress on that, Eldiran?
Sorry I've been so sluggish... to be perfectly honest, most of the times I post I should be doing homework or studying for tests :/ That's why I've been putting off any real testing.

Anyway, I'm looking at your Falcon right now, and I can see a few things that would cause real problems. For starters, Subroutine 16E34 doesn't actually refer to a proper subroutine. That could cause crashes. Also, you have a Change Action here that goes to action "3F2CC". That's not how Change Action works... Actions are chosen from this list: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239768

If you wanted the Change Action to end the attack, you'd set the Action to be 0.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Sorry I've been so sluggish... to be perfectly honest, most of the times I post I should be doing homework or studying for tests :/ That's why I've been putting off any real testing.
Ha, me too.
Anyway, I'm looking at your Falcon right now, and I can see a few things that would cause real problems. For starters, Subroutine 16E34 doesn't actually refer to a proper subroutine. That could cause crashes. Also, you have a Change Action here that goes to action "3F2CC". That's not how Change Action works... Actions are chosen from this list: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239768

If you wanted the Change Action to end the attack, you'd set the Action to be 0.
I noticed the Subroutine thing, I was actually going to ask about that, but I forgot. Thanks for the info about the Change Action command, when I put it in I think (It was a long time ago so I'm not sure) I was just trying a whole bunch of different things after nothing anyone was telling me would work.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to remove Squirtle's, er, parts, so only the shell is left? Like his head, arms, legs, and tail.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm having a crash when loading a PSA character, not quite sure why.

It's locking up at the stage loading part, right when it says "Ready to Fight!", then bam, lockup. No loud beep, though.

Is anybody sure why, or what causes this?

Edit: Nevermind, have found the cause. Quite irritatingly, and still working through it. Nothing like 20+ crashes in a day.

shanus

Smash Hero
Ok, it's official.
Zelda hates my guts and isn't responding to Requirement 0B. By the way, is there a requirement list anywhere?
Are you using If 0B, or Change Action, req 0B?

In my experiences, Change action req 0B does not work, but using an If 0B does work.

0B is the correct req though.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Are you using If 0B, or Change Action, req 0B?

In my experiences, Change action req 0B does not work, but using an If 0B does work.

0B is the correct req though.
I'm using an If 08. However, it's completely plausible that I just screwed up. But rather than posting it again and asking for help right away, I'd like to ask something else. What are the RA bits? Like, is there a list on what they do and what all of them are? And is there a list of all of the requirements? I've searched for both, but only found bits and pieces.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Can someone clarify?
Are hitboxes' BKB/KBG in 0.2.1 reversed in the MAIN window or the popup?
Say I have 64 (hex) as the BKB and 83 (hex) as the KBG in the MAIN window. Would they be reversed in game? This has been giving me trouble.

Also, I'm trying to create a special that acts similar to Bowser or Ike's neutral B. It charges for a few seconds (3 levels of charge), and if B isn't held, it cancels to the firing animation. When B isn't held there, it cancels to the ending animation. If B isn't held by the time the first level of charge is set, it cancels to the ending animation. It uses 3 Actions.

Currently, in 11A, it automatically cancels as soon as 1 isn't pressed, even when the animation has just started. This is what I need to counter. (Though, I changed the 'Change Action=11B Req: Animation End' to 'Additional Req: Animation End', as this SHOULD fix the problem. If it does then thanks anyway.)

Lastly, anyone got a good sonic disruptor-ish GFX?

Top Bottom