• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Attribute 0x0B8(two below Weight) controls the characters model size on the victory screen (giant pikachu lulz)

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
erm....ive encountered a problem and i cant figure out what went wrong,
my characters have all worked fine untill i downloaded the latest PSA and fixed up a few minor things on them.

now at my character select screen, when i choose hte characters, the game freezes at the begining of the loading process....

through my tests, im convinced it is somthing wrong with the .pac file itsself, what the hell is going on?
what would cause a freeze like this?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
my characters have all worked fine untill i downloaded the latest PSA and fixed up a few minor things on them.

now at my character select screen, when i choose hte characters, the game freezes at the begining of the loading process....

through my tests, im convinced it is somthing wrong with the .pac file itsself, what the hell is going on?
I've heared some people say there were glitches in the new version(I don't have it myself), I would suggest just going back to the older version, or you could try unfixing the minor changes to see if that is what went wrong, but I would suggest the first thing.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
I've seen some people say there were glitches in the new version(I don't have it myself), I would suggest just going back to the older version, or you could try unfixing the minor changes to see if that is what went wrong, but I would suggest the first thing.
i went to v.02 and saved it, same thing happend, i'll try editing out the changes later

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
there is a major saving glitch (with ALL versions I believe) where it sometimes randomly adds like 20 kb to the pac file. You can prevent this by always only saving with Save As.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Originally Posted by Mch12 View Post

If the problem occurs when you place the cursor on a character, it's because your file sizes (.pac) are too big.

For example, Samus and Zero Suit Samus can only increase their default file size by 7 KB, and then it causes a freeze. The number is probably different for different people, though.

PSA 1.3 messes with your file sizes and makes them really big for no apparent reason. I deleted entire actions, saved, and my file size INCREASED by 14 KB. o_0

You might have to start all over with 0.2.1, but it shouldn't be too hard to copy and paste everything back.:urg:

Anyways, that's what I did.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
I need help with hitboxes.

For Kirby's side B, I removed the hammer and replaced it with a snowy graphical effect in place of the hammer. To make the hitbox, I tried entering the bone value for Kirby's Left arm and making it move forward along the X Axis, so that the hitbox would do damage if your opponent hit the snowy graphic effect generated by the attack. But it didn't work. I just don't understand hitboxes. Can someone explain this to me?

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
If the problem occurs when you place the cursor on a character, it's because your file sizes (.pac) are too big.

For example, Samus and Zero Suit Samus can only increase their default file size by 7 KB, and then it causes a freeze. The number is probably different for different people, though.

PSA 1.3 messes with your file sizes and makes them really big for no apparent reason. I deleted entire actions, saved, and my file size INCREASED by 14 KB. o_0

You might have to start all over with 0.2.1, but it shouldn't be too hard to copy and paste everything back.:urg:

Anyways, that's what I did.
one of mine is a 400+kb file for sonic and it worked fine before
and its when i press A to place the token on the character
if you were to say "one mississippi" you would get to "one miss" and it would freeze, usually with the background still playing iirc

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
that means the file is too big. Trust me, this happened with my Dedede and Charizard edits. It's because of the file size.

The game can't handle too much more memory.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I need help with hitboxes.

For Kirby's side B, I removed the hammer and replaced it with a snowy graphical effect in place of the hammer. To make the hitbox, I tried entering the bone value for Kirby's Left arm and making it move forward along the X Axis, so that the hitbox would do damage if your opponent hit the snowy graphic effect generated by the attack. But it didn't work. I just don't understand hitboxes. Can someone explain this to me?
Why don't you(instead of creating a new hitbox) just use the original hitbox and edit it the way you want it.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
How can I get rid of existing sound effects? I made Captain Falcon use his Swing4 for his Side Smash, and no matter what I do he makes the beam sword sound effect. I have tried changing it to what I want and I've tried deleting it all together, and he still makes the Beam Sword noise. Any help?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
This sucks. The file size for my Kirby increases by like 10 when I save it, and it freezes when I use him in Brawl. Will there be a fix for this in the future? This only seems to happen when I copypasta an attack from one character to another, save it. and the file size grows. I NEED HELP.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
This sucks. The file size for my Kirby increases by like 10 when I save it, and it freezes when I use him in Brawl. Will there be a fix for this in the future? This only seems to happen when I copypasta an attack from one character to another, save it. and the file size grows. I NEED HELP.
A couple of things:

1. You can't switch actions with other characters. It doesn't work.

2. Haven't you been reading past entries? This glitch has been discussed before. Just read the last page or so. (Specifically, post #2328)

MaxThunder

PM Support
A couple of things:

1. You can't switch actions with other characters. It doesn't work.

2. Haven't you been reading past entries? This glitch has been discussed before. Just read the last page or so. (Specifically, post #2328)
you can switch actions... just not animations...

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
There seems to be some attribute value somewhere that has to do with how well a character floats in water? I've not found it yet, but after upping gravity for Geno from Toon Link, I'm noticing that he sinks FAR more than Toon Link would when he hits the water.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
There seems to be some attribute value somewhere that has to do with how well a character floats in water? I've not found it yet, but after upping gravity for Geno from Toon Link, I'm noticing that he sinks FAR more than Toon Link would when he hits the water.
Of course he would! Think about it, if you weigh 5 pounds, then when you hit the water you are not going to sink very much, but if you weigh 500 pounds you are going to sink A LOT when you hit the water. So obviously gravity is the attribute you're looking for.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
You're both wrong. Density, not weight, controls how well you float (or not float) in water.

Although upping his weight would increase his density, because his size does not increase.

EDIT: I wonder if increasing size would work in tandem with weight to make density? O_o

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You're both wrong. Density, not weight, controls how well you float (or not float) in water.
Pardon? Where did I say anything about not knowing how flotation works? Especially in real life.

Fact is, increasing falling speed really increases how far into the water you fall, but I'm quite sure that my Geno sinks more than Falco, despite Falcon having a faster fall.

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
Wow i haven;t been here for months...
Well anyways,is there any way i can make a hitbox lead into my character?
i want to make a move where the first hitbox drags the opponent near me and then a second hitbox blasting them away(thats gonna be the easy partXD)

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
If you're not someone who can crawl, can you change the crawling actions from "NONE" to anything you want to make it usable, make another subaction have an "change subaction" to the crawl action, and treat it as just another subaction?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Wow i haven;t been here for months...
Well anyways,is there any way i can make a hitbox lead into my character?
i want to make a move where the first hitbox drags the opponent near me and then a second hitbox blasting them away(thats gonna be the easy partXD)
Try giving the first hitbox a 180 degree angle (B4 in hex).

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
It's a good but im still a little confused, i wanna give captain his old forward smash from super smash bros 64. The super kick
I'm not sure exactly what that move looks like, but he has a lot of kicking moves that you can swap his forward smash with. (You cannot give him an entirely new animation that's not in this game, if that's what you're asking.)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
OK I need help, I want to make that my character can one of his moves only every 10 seconds, but I have no clue how this could be done, I looked into the ROB file because it also has something like a timer but I couldnt get it work or my brawl freezed when I choosed the character -.-

I'm working on a ness, and he should only be able to do his Down-B every 10 seconds. It would be very nice someone would have an idea o.o

MaxThunder

PM Support
wats the difference between an animation and an Action?
an action determines everything that happends when you do something... like calling up the subaction for an attack which contains the hitboxes for it... the animations are just what you see the characters do...

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
an action determines everything that happends when you do something... like calling up the subaction for an attack which contains the hitboxes for it... the animations are just what you see the characters do...
****, the animations would have been the interesting part.

can a character use an aerial animation on the ground, or a grounded animation in the air?

MaxThunder

PM Support
****, the animations would have been the interesting part.

can a character use an aerial animation on the ground, or a grounded animation in the air?
grounded animations work everywhere... b i havent reallyh found an aerial animation that works right on the ground... they tend to cut off somewhere... but you'll have to test it yourself...

Top Bottom