• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALF

Smash Cadet
im trying to, as stated above, give sonic a move that spawns a Freezy in his hands with his Assit trophy animation
i want it to only work on the ground in the same mannoy as peach's Down B does
this is what i have

cureently sonic plays the begining of his crouch animation (where he goes down to the ground) and resetsack into standing animation * * *at least...it looks like it* * *
and slides a bit foreward
this resembels a wavedash, and as cool as it looks, its not what im looking for
what do i need to change?
Your first line changes him into his mid-air Action with the requirement that he is on the ground. It's probably not his crouch but his landing animation, from what I can guess. You want to change it so that he goes back to his mid-air Action if he uses this while in the air. Your second problem (the wavedash) is probably a "Move Character" flag checked in one of the animations you used. Also, adding an End If whenever you make an if statement is usually a good idea. Try changing these things and tell me what happens.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Just so everyone knows, these are hitbox SFX, not for the normal animation SFX. Meaning, it's in the flags for the hitbox.
Actually, these are normal sfx! I don't know how to put sfx into flags. If you know and could tell me, I'd be much obliged.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It should be noted that this synchs with PAL brawl. I was EXTREMELY happy my wisp had sounds <3

Question...
The wind stuff on the Peach/Rachel (from Blazblue) is hella hard to get working. Rachel's gonna be a huge challenge if I don't give it up ._.
I've been messing with stuff trying to be logical and stuff for 4 hours straight ; but I only earnt a few freezes. Lolwut.
May someone take a look at this and explain briefly what is causing it ? thx.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T99SNX38

Everything is in subaction 0 atm. I plan on making it a subroutine so it doesn't take too much space (characters are limited in file size I heard)

What you'll find :
-the 1st thing is the umbrella ; I added it to every single subaction rachel has because I couldn't have it working otherwise. Tested without the wind stuff, it works.
-A little loop thingy that is used to fill the wind gauge : 1 unit every 5 seconds and 4 units max.
-A medium loop that is supposed to give the gauge a viewable form : each unit adds a dark orb in Rachel's back.
-a HUGE loop block that is the core of the mechanic : by pressing the D-pad, you consume a wind unit (assuming you have one ; no effect otherwise) and get a momentum boost plus there is a weak wind hitbox that affects every opponent on the screen (stole ganon's uptilt wind hitboxes so it affects shields like in blazblue)

This is what is intended ; however the big beep seems to tell me I'm not doing it right. Halp me ._.
o_o I'm doing lots of work on Mewtwo, and Rachel was going to be my next project.
DX I'll help you if you need it later.
-DD

Revven

FrankerZ
Actually, these are normal sfx! I don't know how to put sfx into flags. If you know and could tell me, I'd be much obliged.
In the flags, this is what it looks like:

PPXXSSHH

PP = Priority (transcendent priority, normal priority etc.)
XX = ?? (Unsure of atm)
SS = SFX
HH = Hit effect

The SFX number has to be in hex, which is why I mistakably said that those SFX were for the flags of a hitbox.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
what are the values for priority?

edit: a lot of things like that should be collected and put into the first post. we should collectively work on gathering info to give it to paprika to put in the OP, and then organize it all. iv been wondering where the variable is for priority, and iv sure its been said here b4, but im not about to go through 84 pages to find out lol. i just got lucky by seeing u mentioning it.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'll ask this again, last time I didn't really get a response... Maybe somebody has an idea:

How can you get ground-based moves to send the player upwards? I tried giving an upward momentum to an UpSmash, but had no luck. I even toggled his state to be In-Air, but that just made him slide more.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'll ask this again, last time I didn't really get a response... Maybe somebody has an idea:

How can you get ground-based moves to send the player upwards? I tried giving an upward momentum to an UpSmash, but had no luck. I even toggled his state to be In-Air, but that just made him slide more.
Perhaps a well-placed Change Action? I'm not sure how to do it either. Let me know if you figure it out.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
can someone tell me what I would do if I wanted wolf's up smash replaced with his dash attack?
also can someone tell me what I would to make wolf have 3 jumps?

TreK

Is "that guy"
o_o I'm doing lots of work on Mewtwo, and Rachel was going to be my next project.
DX I'll help you if you need it later.
-DD
I'd gladly team up. PM me when you're done with Mewtwo :p

ChiboSempai said:
edit: a lot of things like that should be collected and put into the first post. we should collectively work on gathering info to give it to paprika to put in the OP, and then organize it all. iv been wondering where the variable is for priority, and iv sure its been said here b4, but im not about to go through 84 pages to find out lol. i just got lucky by seeing u mentioning it.
I've been taking notes ever since I've gotten into PSA.
But these are the ones everyone knows by now like adding momentum, stuff like that...

joshl94 said:
can someone tell me what I would do if I wanted wolf's up smash replaced with his dash attack?
also can someone tell me what I would to make wolf have 3 jumps?
Copy and paste everything in the dash attack's subaction to the upsmash's (main, SFX, GFX, other, Animation and Animation Flag) ; but you may need a new pre-charge animation and a new charging animation to make it look smooth.
For the number of jumps, click on attribute, and scroll down until you find the attribute that sets it.

Alphatron

Smash Champion

Try looking at MK's usmash in his pac.

Xpwnage123

Smash Cadet
How do you make an Asynchronous Timer effect? Is it the same as timer? And whats the value for it (like for example, for Generate Item it's 1F020000)

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
I need help
whenever I change wolf's stance or replace one of his moves with a another one he t-stances when I try to run
the move replacement will work fine and so will the stance change
can someone help
PLEASE RESPOND!

Revven

FrankerZ
what are the values for priority?
From what I noticed, it's a different value for each character. So you need to look at each move, what is probably different from another move may mean it has TP (transcendent priority). So, looking at MK's .PAC for example, I look at his Dash Attack which has normal priority, the Flags for it look like this (not exact c/p'd values obviously, the priority part is right though):

39830000 (the 0's are the numbers I don't remember)

Looking at MK's other attacks, the ones WITH TP the priority is listed as 22, so all you have to do is take the 39 from DA and delete the 22 from one of his other moves and change it to 39 and that will thusly, make it have normal priority.

There's no set values... it differs among characters I'm pretty sure.

Magus420

Smash Master
Because they are sword attacks I would first probably try replacing the -2------ with -A------ instead.

If that doesn't work then change it from 22------ to 3A------.

Marth's clashable sword attacks have 3A------ and his TP side-B has 32------. I think the 1st digit is likely something else. 39------ is what's generally used on physical hits from what I've seen.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
I need help
whenever I change wolf's stance or replace one of his moves with a another one he t-stances when I try to run
the move replacement will work fine and so will the stance change
can someone help
PLEASE RESPOND!
sorry to be annoying but can someone please respond?

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
When I try to open something in the program, I get an error saying "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." Below, it says Method not found: 'System.StringSystem.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.get_SafeFileName()'

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I was meaning that maaaybe you could put a Change Action E in there to make them be in the falling state, which might convince the game they can be moved. Just a wild idea. I don't actually expect it to work.
I'm going to look at some UpB moves right now, actually. Random revelation while I was asleep.

Edit: Also, can we get This in the OP? I don't know anywhere else where there's an Action ID list, and it's kind of helpful.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Quick question.

At the moment, I'm re-working Ike's downB to function as a reflector with a wind hitbox. I've set a special collision for the windbox, but as I go to test it, nothing happens beyond the normal counter (which I haven't gotten rid of yet).

Is anything else needed to create a proper windbox that I'm missing?

TreK

Is "that guy"
try copy+pasting then tweaking Ganon's uptilt windboxes. I know normal wind hitboxes don't affect shields or something like that, which sucks. It may be because of the flags...

GL

Revven

FrankerZ
Quick question.

At the moment, I'm re-working Ike's downB to function as a reflector with a wind hitbox. I've set a special collision for the windbox, but as I go to test it, nothing happens beyond the normal counter (which I haven't gotten rid of yet).

Is anything else needed to create a proper windbox that I'm missing?
The BKB and KBG have to be set a certain way. I think what creates a wind hitbox is 0 BKB and 100 KBG. If you need to make sure, look at TL's down air. (It may be 100 BKB and 0 KBG but I don't remember).

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
i Need Help
Whenever I Change Wolf's Stance Or Replace One Of His Moves With A Another One He T-stances When I Try To Run
The Move Replacement Will Work Fine And So Will The Stance Change
Can Someone Help
Please Respond!
Anyone?
Please

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
impossibly hard as it would be, it'd be nice if someone could provide a listed of converted attribute values for every character

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Okay, help. I'm trying to make a disjointed electric hitbox on captain falcon's bair. I have the electric hitboxes have x offsets of -12, -15, and -15 respectively. (So like, they should be away from his arm and disjointed.) And then I have the two graphic effects with z offsets (cuz z and x offsets are switched in PSA) at -12 and -15 respectively. Now, the graphics appear in the right place, but the hitboxes don't.

If it matters I have the stuff on bone 15 (one of the bones of his usual bair hitbox)

and the size of the hitbox is not 0. >.>

ALF

Smash Cadet
Okay, help. I'm trying to make a disjointed electric hitbox on captain falcon's bair. I have the electric hitboxes have x offsets of -12, -15, and -15 respectively. (So like, they should be away from his arm and disjointed.) And then I have the two graphic effects with z offsets (cuz z and x offsets are switched in PSA) at -12 and -15 respectively. Now, the graphics appear in the right place, but the hitboxes don't.

If it matters I have the stuff on bone 15 (one of the bones of his usual bair hitbox)

and the size of the hitbox is not 0. >.>
The offsets work differently between hitboxes and graphics because hitboxes are offset from the pivot point of the character, not the bone it's attached to like graphics are. Use bone 0, and they'll match up.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
hmm okay. I guess I might have to edit they y offsets too, then

( I want it to look like the lightning is shooting out of his arm lolz)

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
i Need Help
Whenever I Change Wolf's Stance Or Replace One Of His Moves With A Another One He T-stances When I Try To Run
The Move Replacement Will Work Fine And So Will The Stance Change
Can Someone Help
Please Respond!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
did you put an allow interrupt in?

I honestly don't get how you are having so many problems.

And stop spamming in the thread. It's wasting space and it's annoying.

:V

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
did you put an allow interrupt in?

I honestly don't get how you are having so many problems.

And stop spamming in the thread. It's wasting space and it's annoying.

:V
I dont think I did
I'll check it
and sorry for spamming
EDIT: does there have to be an allow interrupt for the gfx,sfx and other too?

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
So uhm, question. wanted to create a New Special for my character., I was gonna give him an "air Dash" but it doesnt quite work right, it does the animation, but it doesnt move forward. I dont really know what I'm doing anymore lmao, havent messed with the program in about 2 weeks. help plox? o.o

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
What in the world do Bit Variables do!?

Also having trouble adding a Button Press requirement, if I try nothing happens. I was going to add a third jab. I tried If(With Requirement)>Change Action and Change Action with the requirement, but no luck.

Hitboxes aren't working no matter what bone or ID, size, offset, etc. I give them.
Reposting for hope.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I dont think I did
I'll check it
and sorry for spamming
EDIT: does there have to be an allow interrupt for the gfx,sfx and other too?
no, only for main. And the allow interrupt should almost always be the last thing in the data for main.

Top Bottom