• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pokelover980

Smash Ace
That's because darkness is 13 >_>
you add 13 to the flag value that the move would have if it were a normal hit
In English, please? I don't understand too much tech stuff, just some of it, enough to make it work. I'll just find the number for ice from another character and use that.

MaxThunder

PM Support
In English, please? I don't understand too much tech stuff, just some of it, enough to make it work. I'll just find the number for ice from another character and use that.
here:
00 - hit
01 - none
02 - slash
03 - electricity
04 - Ice
05 - Flame
06 - Coin
07 - Cape
08 - Slip
09 - Sleep
0A - none
0B - impale (like DK's side B)
0C - Stun
0E - Flower
0F - none
10 - none
11 - slash 2
12 - hit 2
13 - Darkness
14 - Stun (more like hitlag)
15 - Aura (unfortunately the Aura effect doesn't make all characters get stronger with more damage.)
16 - Impale 2
17 - Down
18 - No Flinch
(list by PhantomWings)

this is a list that works...

pokelover980

Smash Ace
here:
00 - hit
01 - none
02 - slash
03 - electricity
04 - Ice
05 - Flame
06 - Coin
07 - Cape
08 - Slip
09 - Sleep
0A - none
0B - impale (like DK's side B)
0C - Stun
0E - Flower
0F - none
10 - none
11 - slash 2
12 - hit 2
13 - Darkness
14 - Stun (more like hitlag)
15 - Aura (unfortunately the Aura effect doesn't make all characters get stronger with more damage.)
16 - Impale 2
17 - Down
18 - No Flinch
(list by PhantomWings)

this is a list that works...
Ok, I guess I'll use that. Seems good enough for me.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
So, I was messing around with this thing, and I switched Lucario's B-side with his SwingDash animation (his dash while holding a sword). It worked out fine except he doesn't follow the animation aka when the animation is over he floats back to his standing spot. Is there anyway to fix this? Or did I copy the codes wrong?
put a checkmark on "moves character"

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Help please! I'm trying to put a darkness hitbox on peach's dash and run animations, but every time she just does the initial dash and then stops. No hitbox on the dash. Help please!

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Help please! I'm trying to put a darkness hitbox on peach's dash and run animations, but every time she just does the initial dash and then stops. No hitbox on the dash. Help please!
Did you put the hitbox on both the dash and run?
Or are you saying she freezes in place?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Ok, these are my problems with shadow peach's dash and run:

the hitboxes don't appear (apparently)

the dash has one darkness effect, but no hitbox, and the run isn't having any graphics or darkness show up.

and when she runs out of a turn, if you keep on running, it's like she loops in the turning animation over and over, and you can only get out by stopping, up smashing, jumping, or crouching. basically anything to get you out of a normal dash except dash attack.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Ok, these are my problems with shadow peach's dash and run:

the hitboxes don't appear (apparently)

the dash has one darkness effect, but no hitbox, and the run isn't having any graphics or darkness show up.

and when she runs out of a turn, if you keep on running, it's like she loops in the turning animation over and over, and you can only get out by stopping, up smashing, jumping, or crouching. basically anything to get you out of a normal dash except dash attack.
Hmm... That's bizarre... Screenshot it for us, I guess.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Remove the change action command that sets it to action 10
Thanks much!

Edit: Actually, that just doesn't make the move end, as far as I can tell. I tried changing it to action 20 instead (Which according to Subactions is fall,) but that did nothing.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thanks much!

Edit: Actually, that just doesn't make the move end, as far as I can tell. I tried changing it to action 20 instead (Which according to Subactions is fall,) but that did nothing.
Maybe try putting the Change Action back where it was, but make it go to action E? That's the action for regular falling.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
That did it! Is there a way to make an animation end faster? I didn't realize how much endlag there was on the move!

And thanks!

Edit: Or maybe restore a jump? That'd work too.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
That did it! Is there a way to make an animation end faster? I didn't realize how much endlag there was on the move!

And thanks!

Edit: Or maybe restore a jump? That'd work too.
No problem. To make an animation end more quickly, you could either:

a) have the animation Change Action when you'd like it end
b) place an Allow Interrupt when you'd like people to be able to interrupt it.

These usually have the same mechanical consequences. I usually do the latter because it's simpler.

Alternately, you can change the number of jumps left by modifying LA-Basic[1]. That contains the number of jumps you've used so far.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Gah, I'm sure I did something wrong, considering I just got a freeze. I placed an Asynch timer with 60 frames, and an allow interrupt right after it in the middle of the move.

And for the record, I'm trying to change TLink's UpB.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Hmm... That's bizarre... Screenshot it for us, I guess.

Okay I'm going to get screenshots of how Dash, Run, TurnRun, which are what I have edited. Tell me if you see anything wrong.

EDIT: I mean like pictures from tinypic, not screenshots from the game. it should help you help me either way

EDIT 2: here are the pics:

I thinked I've figured out the reason why the run graphics won't appear... I forgot to execute the loop. @_@

EDIT: Um sorry it's so huge... I'll try to fix the pictures. >.>

EDIT whatever number: I also forgot to put the correct graphic on the turnrun. X_X although I didn't post pics of the turnrun, since this data should be the same as run's when it's fixed anyways.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Gah, I'm sure I did something wrong, considering I just got a freeze. I placed an Asynch timer with 60 frames, and an allow interrupt right after it in the middle of the move.

And for the record, I'm trying to change TLink's UpB.
I'm not positive what's wrong... Did you place the Allow Interrupt inside the Up+B action? I would bet if that's the case that would cause problems. If so, make sure you have it instead inside the relevant subaction. Glancing at TLink, that looks like... 1DD.

Also, I think frame 60 may be past the end of the move. TLink might be in freefall by then.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm not positive what's wrong... Did you place the Allow Interrupt inside the Up+B action? I would bet if that's the case that would cause problems. If so, make sure you have it instead inside the relevant subaction. Glancing at TLink, that looks like... 1DD.

Also, I think frame 60 may be past the end of the move. TLink might be in freefall by then.
I got it working, now I just gotta figure out how to do the "Restoring 2nd jump" thing you mentioned... I can't figure out how to do LA-Basic[1]. :confused:

Thanks though!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
okay, now when peach stops her run, she warps back to her starting postition. help please?\\\\

EDIT: Nvm I fixed this. But I can't get the graphics to loop infinitely, I can't get the hitboxes to work, and I can't fix the bug on her running from a turn. she like is looped into the turning animation, and I can still go forward, but not back, and I can jump out of it.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I'm trying, but I need severe help with her dashing, running, and running after turning.. I'm trying to get it so there's dark hitboxes as she's running, and dark graphic effects. my problems are:

the hitboxes aren't activating or something

the dark graphic effects only happen once and don't loop.

when she runs, and then turns, she's like stuck looping in the turning animation unless you jump or crouch out of it.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
How does the game distinguish between overlapping hitboxes? I imagine that there must be some system, such as the most damaging attack gaining priority in the overlapping area.

This question has been bugging me since I learned we could change hitbox size.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Question about 0E080400

Is there any way for it to give the player control of horizontal momentum while it controls vertical momentum?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Question about 0E080400

Is there any way for it to give the player control of horizontal momentum while it controls vertical momentum?
o.o Well, it just adds momentum...so as long as its not pumped up super high I don't see why not?
-DD

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I got it working, now I just gotta figure out how to do the "Restoring 2nd jump" thing you mentioned... I can't figure out how to do LA-Basic[1]. :confused:

Thanks though!
Fixed that issue. It was saying I had zero jumps left elsewhere, hah.

I'm having a move freeze at the end of the animation... Any idea why?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
o.o Well, it just adds momentum...so as long as its not pumped up super high I don't see why not?
-DD
It doesn't add momentum, it sets the momentum to whatever you specify.

Setting the first parameter to 0 causes the character to stop moving forward or backward. I want to change this so that the player can decide whether to move forward or backward.

In other words, I want it to read the control stick input.

I'm trying to get djc to work, btw.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
CK - If you set the last parameter to 0 instead of 1, it seems to just stack the momentum ontop of what you're already doing.

ALF

Smash Cadet
Fixed that issue. It was saying I had zero jumps left elsewhere, hah.

I'm having a move freeze at the end of the animation... Any idea why?
Probably a bad Goto command. Make sure you change the offset in your Gotos when you edit the subaction they lead to.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It actually happened when I deleted some stuff from the Special section, which later points to the Subaction.

ALF

Smash Cadet
Were they 04020100 commands? Those determine whether to increment the variable in charge of the case structure from what I can tell. You probably got rid of the line that lets it proceed to the next step in the animation. Does it freeze at the end of the move or during the beginning or middle?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Nope, it was these two:

If one of them stays, TLink repeats his Grounded UpB spin twice.. He does it once, finishes the animation, and then starts it again.

But if I remove both of those, then he's stuck at the end of the animation.

And actions 117 and 118 do seem to relate to his UpB... Charging, maybe. I'll look into it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It doesn't add momentum, it sets the momentum to whatever you specify.

Setting the first parameter to 0 causes the character to stop moving forward or backward. I want to change this so that the player can decide whether to move forward or backward.

In other words, I want it to read the control stick input.

I'm trying to get djc to work, btw.
lololol.
I actually had a working DJC on an earlier Mewtwo build, but I deleted it and decided to perfect it later...and then I lost it.
T.T So that's what I'm doing right now too :3!

Look to this post for DJC/Control Input help:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8118477#post8118477
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Oh sweet. I just got DJC working again!
Yay me!
But uh, incase you wanna crack it before I release my next Mewtwo build in an hour or two...you don't need to read any control inputs...because once the momentum is set you can add left/right direction to it, kinda like DI, but also dependent upon the character's air mobility.

-DD

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Okay, this is driving me nuts.

I CANNOT remove the charge from Toon Link's UpB. Anything I try to do either makes him do the attack twice, or get stuck at the end of the animation. I've been screwing around with this for hours... Does anybody have more experience with charging moves?

Top Bottom