• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALF

Smash Cadet
Would it be possible to steal some of MK's attacks and tag them onto Kirby? I'm making an Ice Kirby, and some of his moves require use of an ice blade.

More specificly, I wanted to use MK's Fair, Uair, Dsmash, and maybe his Tornado animations. Since they are near the same size and body type, I couldn't halp but wonder...
Without actually looking at the code, I'd say that you can probably make the sword used in his up-b appear with a "Generate Article" command. I don't know about using MK's animations, but you could try to find some of Kirby's animations that look like he's using the sword and improvise a bit with the moves.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I read somewhere about the pass frame thingy and intend to use it ; however I didn't find any event called "pass frame" on moves that supposedly have it ; is it an unlabeled code ?
If it is, please tell me which one and where I can find it please, plus what do its parameters do.

Thanks.

ALF

Smash Cadet
I read somewhere about the pass frame thingy and intend to use it ; however I didn't find any event called "pass frame" on moves that supposedly have it ; is it an unlabeled code ?
If it is, please tell me which one and where I can find it please, plus what do its parameters do.

Thanks.
I believe you are talking about the second Change SubAction in the list, 04000200. Correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Is there a quick way to actually see the hitboxes? I'm getting confused to where they really are in my moves.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I believe you are talking about the second Change SubAction in the list, 04000200. Correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Is there a quick way to actually see the hitboxes? I'm getting confused to where they really are in my moves.
Nah, change subaction would start the other subaction at its beginning, pass frame I read acts like that : say you use an aerial falcon punch then land while the punch's been charging for 30 frames, you will go to landed falcon punch animation, which will start directly at frame 30.
I intend to make ganon's down B use the same mechanic when he touches the ground/leaves it so it follows the stage's curve and is actually useful. Change subaction would not work here ; and if it did it'd be suicidal ._.

Edit : PK, is it the only way ? Because it would interest me to see how BIG they are, not only where ; and GFXes don't help at doing this =/

ALF

Smash Cadet
Nah, change subaction would start the other subaction at its beginning, pass frame I read acts like that : say you use an aerial falcon punch then land while the punch's been charging for 30 frames, you will go to landed falcon punch animation, which will start directly at frame 30.
I intend to make ganon's down B use the same mechanic when he touches the ground/leaves it so it follows the stage's curve and is actually useful. Change subaction would not work here ; and if it did it'd be suicidal ._.

Edit : PK, is it the only way ? Because it would interest me to see how BIG they are, not only where ; and GFXes don't help at doing this =/
The second change subaction in the list has a pass frame parameter.

And I was under the impression that the GFX's offsets operate differently, so they wouldn't be in the same place with the same values as the hitboxes. I don't know how the size works, either.

EDIT: I'm trying to use gfx, but it's not working. The size is way off, so much that I can't even tell if the offset is right. Can anyone tell me a good gfx to use? All the ones I've tried are either way too large, even though they have the same size parameter as my hitboxes, or are permanent. Often times, they're both.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know what variable monitors whether or not an attack has hit a target? I'm trying to make a character who can extend a limited-time move by successfully attacking opponents. My original guess was RA-Bit[17], since when Ike uses his Final Smash, he only proceeds into the second phase if RA-Bit[17] was set to 'true' while doing his first slash. Also, since RA-Bit[16] is used in practically every special move, my guess is that it monitors whether or not the character is using an attack. So it seems logical that the next variable the programmers would have added would monitor whether or not the attack was successful. I still haven't been able to call RA-Bit[17] to do anything in an action, though, so I'm not sure if I've got the wrong variable or I'm just calling it in the wrong place. Anyone able to help?

EDIT: Looks like RA-Bit[17] isn't the right variable after all - lots of special moves incorporate it that don't do anything unusual when they connect, so I'm guessing that it's different for each attack. For clarification, though, I'm looking for a variable that can monitor normal moves, not specials. That should probably be the same variable for every basic attack, right? I'm assuming the variable has to exist somewhere, because something has to tell the game when to load the data contained in the collision boxes...

Also, has anyone figured out the variable containing the data for which direction the control stick is held? It would be helpful for making a teleportation move...

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I hope somebody can give me a hand on this...
I've tried changing Captain Falcon's FSmash's animation into his FTilt's but it seems to do only his Low Ftilt. Anybody knows why does it happen?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I hope somebody can give me a hand on this...
I've tried changing Captain Falcon's FSmash's animation into his FTilt's but it seems to do only his Low Ftilt. Anybody knows why does it happen?
Make sure the animation says "AttackS3S" and not "AttackS3Lw".

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hmm! From what I can tell it should work, then. I suppose... try testing a Falcon with the only change being AttackS4S to AttackS3S, and see what happens? That's what I'd do if I ran into the same problem. Good luck!

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Hmm! From what I can tell it should work, then. I suppose... try testing a Falcon with the only change being AttackS4S to AttackS3S, and see what happens? That's what I'd do if I ran into the same problem. Good luck!
Still does the same thing.
Got anymore idea?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The second change subaction in the list has a pass frame parameter.

And I was under the impression that the GFX's offsets operate differently, so they wouldn't be in the same place with the same values as the hitboxes. I don't know how the size works, either.

EDIT: I'm trying to use gfx, but it's not working. The size is way off, so much that I can't even tell if the offset is right. Can anyone tell me a good gfx to use? All the ones I've tried are either way too large, even though they have the same size parameter as my hitboxes, or are permanent. Often times, they're both.
For GFX, Z and X offsets are swapped, and As for size, its hard to measure them properly, but I would just use one of the basic beginning ones, set it to size 1, and be done with it.

Also, has anyone figured out the variable containing the data for which direction the control stick is held? It would be helpful for making a teleportation move...
Shanus posted someone about this a few pages back I think? Not sure if it was even this thread, but it was one of these.

-DD

TreK

Is "that guy"
Well what I intend to do looks harder than I thought, I'd need help on this one =/

Teneban said:
pass frame I read acts like that : say you use an aerial falcon punch then land while the punch's been charging for 30 frames, you will go to landed falcon punch animation, which will start directly at frame 30.
I intend to make ganon's down B use the same mechanic when he touches the ground/leaves it so it follows the stage's curve and is actually useful.
So I used this method :

The result :
When I use it on the floor and it leaves it, it goes into the aerial one animation but keeps the grounded one's path. Is also gives a better aerial control on the end lag, idk if it's related.
When I use it in the air and land, it does the standard earthquake instead of going into the grounded down B.

So, do you have an idea on what I was doing wrong ? Thanks for your time.

Edit : completely unrelated question : what is the subaction for when diddy trips you with a banana ? I know it's not the same as random trip (see Falcon's trip lol) and Diddies asked me for frame data on it ; however I only found one subaction (well 4-5 with the rolls and stuff) that would match it, number E2 : "slip"

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to speed up an animation by skipping/fast forwarding on certain frames? I saw MysticKenji's Ganon on youtube and his Nair is faster so I tried d/ling the .pac from his link but it won't let me download it... So, how do I speed up animations?

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Is there a way to speed up an animation by skipping/fast forwarding on certain frames? I saw MysticKenji's Ganon on youtube and his Nair is faster so I tried d/ling the .pac from his link but it won't let me download it... So, how do I speed up animations?
The values for landing lag from aerials are in attributes...I just set Nair (0x140) to 4

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
o.O Editing the landing lag changes the speed of the whole move? Did I read that correctly?

>_>...
Cause I wanna do that for tilts/smashes too...
-DD

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Well, that doesn't work for me since I'm trying to speed up a grounded animation, so no landing lag there :(
Ok, new question... Is it possible to insert more moves into a character?
Samus only has 2 jab attacks, what I want to do is insert a third one. Subaction 4A is Attack13 but I want to know if I can insert an animation in there and it'll register into the game?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well, that doesn't work for me since I'm trying to speed up a grounded animation, so no landing lag there :(
Samus only has 2 jab attacks, what I want to do is insert a third one. Subaction 4A is Attack13 but I want to know if I can insert an animation in there and it'll register into the game?
Uh...try it!

If it works, then that is a nice discovery for either yourself...or everyone!

If not, then find a working animation from another move you're not using[Like when I replaced Lucario's DT with Disable, that freed up like, 3 Subactions for me to do whatever I want with], and link them together via change subaction or w/e.
-DD

ALF

Smash Cadet
For GFX, Z and X offsets are swapped, and As for size, its hard to measure them properly, but I would just use one of the basic beginning ones, set it to size 1, and be done with it.
I'm using the GFX underneath screen tint, which has the Z and X offsets in the proper places from what I hear. But what's this about the offset being from the pivot point as compared to the bone it's attached to? Doesn't that make the GFX and hitboxes appear in different places when you use the same offsets?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm using the GFX underneath screen tint, which has the Z and X offsets in the proper places from what I hear. But what's this about the offset being from the pivot point as compared to the bone it's attached to? Doesn't that make the GFX and hitboxes appear in different places when you use the same offsets?
>_> I just avoid that mess by always setting the bones to 0.
-DD

TreK

Is "that guy"
I done it for my Ganon
Use the If button pressed thingy, and change subaction.
I used directly change subaction so you can't jab cancel it (with the move I created it'd be broken) but I've done it before. I could try to remake it if you want =)

Kirk

Smash Champion
Does anyone know what variable monitors whether or not an attack has hit a target? I'm trying to make a character who can extend a limited-time move by successfully attacking opponents. My original guess was RA-Bit[17], since when Ike uses his Final Smash, he only proceeds into the second phase if RA-Bit[17] was set to 'true' while doing his first slash. Also, since RA-Bit[16] is used in practically every special move, my guess is that it monitors whether or not the character is using an attack. So it seems logical that the next variable the programmers would have added would monitor whether or not the attack was successful. I still haven't been able to call RA-Bit[17] to do anything in an action, though, so I'm not sure if I've got the wrong variable or I'm just calling it in the wrong place. Anyone able to help?

EDIT: Looks like RA-Bit[17] isn't the right variable after all - lots of special moves incorporate it that don't do anything unusual when they connect, so I'm guessing that it's different for each attack. For clarification, though, I'm looking for a variable that can monitor normal moves, not specials. That should probably be the same variable for every basic attack, right? I'm assuming the variable has to exist somewhere, because something has to tell the game when to load the data contained in the collision boxes...

This is something I've been trying to figure out since the beginning. I've made progress, but no real results yet. :/

MaxThunder

PM Support
...it might be possible to use a timer and ... some other comand to make it go into the going down part... i'm just saying this of the top of my head, so it'l probably fail... but you never know unless you try=)

i can make a better explanation thoug... if anyone wants it... just saying it again... i'm not sure about this...

pokelover980

Smash Ace
My Mario is having problems :U

I got the star sparkling Mario (or whatever it's called) and tried to remove the stars from his Down-B. That worked, but when I added a darkness effect to that attack, the game freezes on the character select screen (don't know if that has to do with it). Also, the effect ID is the ID of the move, right? It shares hex (I think it's hex) with the bone, is that the right one? I added a fourth attack, gave it ID 13 (for darkness) and set loop to 6 times instead of 5, but the game keeps freezing on character select screen. I took it off, and it worked fine. The code looks something like this:

Code:
Asynchronous Timer: frames=4
Bit Variable Set: RA-Bit[30]= true
Set Loop 6 times
                 Offensive Collision: id=0, bone=0, damage=1...
                 Offensive Collision: id=1, bone=0, damage=1...
                 Offensive Collision: id=2, bone=0, damage=1...
                 Offensive Collision: id=13, bone=0, damage=1...
                 Synchronous Timer: frames=1
                 Terminate Collisions:
                 Synchronous Timer: frames=1
Execute Loop:
I'll get a picture in a few minutes with the full code if I can.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I just learned something.
Every character has an input attack for angled smashes, not just characters that have it in their original moveset. Most characters just have all 3 set to the same attack.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, do they have the Goto: command and link them to the AttackS3S offset? Or do they just say NONE?

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
If I wanted to make a character's jab his sword jab -> f-tilt, how would I go about doing so? I know how to switch the animation for the first one, but am unsure about how to link the sword's f-tilt to it.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Sword jab is, I think, Swing1 or some other number... If you want to replace Link's Ftilt with the Sword Ftilt, you replace the animation name of AttackS3S (or AttackS3, I don't know which) with Swing3. Again, I'm not too certain of the number.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Ok, I got the picture for the entire code, my problem is in my last post.

As I said, I changed it to loop 6 times, and added another attack, and removed the stars (and added an explosion of darkness type thing) from the graphics, which I don't feel like posting.

EDIT: Crap, screen stretch. Is there a way to make it smaller without going into paint and and having to cut off some of the code?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Ok, I got the picture for the entire code, my problem is in my last post.

As I said, I changed it to loop 6 times, and added another attack, and removed the stars (and added an explosion of darkness type thing) from the graphics, which I don't feel like posting.

EDIT: Crap, screen stretch. Is there a way to make it smaller without going into paint and and having to cut off some of the code?
Aren't you supposed to have a loop rest inside of the loop?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Aren't you supposed to have a loop rest inside of the loop?
That's the way the code came when I got it. It's the Star Sparkling Mario (or whatever it's called), but I changed loop to 6 times, and added another offensive collision.

EDIT: Where would I add the loop rest? It seems the only way to make it stop freezing.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Sword jab is, I think, Swing1 or some other number... If you want to replace Link's Ftilt with the Sword Ftilt, you replace the animation name of AttackS3S (or AttackS3, I don't know which) with Swing3. Again, I'm not too certain of the number.
No, I don't want to make the sword f-tilt the character's f-tilt. I want it to be the second part of the jab, as in: sword jab -> sword f-tilt. As in, swing1 leads to swing3 (animation names, not the amount of hits I want in the jab).

Top Bottom