• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MaxThunder

PM Support
yeah i can do that=)lol...

gues i'll have to wait for the crappy computer to save it at 9 frames and keep it there until i get a new one...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hmm...I'm trying to implement DJC...and setting a button hit = fall on the Double Jump doesn't work...
And its a force of habit guys. Shush.
=\
-DD

shanus

Smash Hero
Hmm...I'm trying to implement DJC...and setting a button hit = fall on the Double Jump doesn't work...
And its a force of habit guys. Shush.
=\
-DD
DD, do the following:

-Set the momentum reset command requiring two inputs: button press 0 and 2. You should additionally use the LA-Basic[1] to first check if you have your second jump left
-Set LA-Basic[1] to be at 2 jumps now
-Change the action to the appropriate aerial

-----------------------------------------------

Also, I think I have figured out how to read game directional inputs, but I haven't been able to explore it as I am not able to access my wii until sunday night as I'm away from home:

Shanus: alright i think I figured out how to read directional inputs
[4:25pm] Magus: nice
[4:26pm] Shanus: if you go into marth's .pac
[4:26pm] Shanus: start off at 113
[4:26pm] Shanus: in specials
[4:26pm] Shanus: if you see, the first subroutine clears a class of variables
[4:27pm] Shanus: the second sub routine checks if specific variable conditions have been met, then decides to go either into fall, or go into the next move, in which the function defined it before it plays a crucial role in measuring directional inputs and assigning variables to true or false
[4:27pm] Shanus: then the important part
[4:27pm] Shanus: the RA-Basic variables
[4:28pm] Shanus: before it defines RA-Basic[2]=11A
[4:28pm] Shanus: this means standard if a direction isnt pressed
[4:28pm] Shanus: whereas 1D6 and 1DF correspond to up and down
[4:28pm] Shanus: the last subroutine is what guides the next change i think depending on this directional input to go into 11A, or 1D6 or 1DF.

If what i thinks this does is that we can use this function to define a class of ariables to true or false depending on directional input, and having it change the following function following such press.

MaxThunder

PM Support
... i wish i could understand all that...

Edit: wierd... i went to get something to drink... and ended up with a glass of melon yogurth...

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
DD, do the following:

-Set the momentum reset command requiring two inputs: button press 0 and 2. You should additionally use the LA-Basic[1] to first check if you have your second jump left

-----------------------------------------------

Also, I think I have figured out how to read game directional inputs, but I haven't been able to explore it as I am not able to access my wii until sunday night as I'm away from home:

Shanus: alright i think I figured out how to read directional inputs
[4:25pm] Magus: nice
[4:26pm] Shanus: if you go into marth's .pac
[4:26pm] Shanus: start off at 113
[4:26pm] Shanus: in specials
[4:26pm] Shanus: if you see, the first subroutine clears a class of variables
[4:27pm] Shanus: the second sub routine checks if specific variable conditions have been met, then decides to go either into fall, or go into the next move, in which the function defined it before it plays a crucial role in measuring directional inputs and assigning variables to true or false
[4:27pm] Shanus: then the important part
[4:27pm] Shanus: the RA-Basic variables
[4:28pm] Shanus: before it defines RA-Basic[2]=11A
[4:28pm] Shanus: this means standard if a direction isnt pressed
[4:28pm] Shanus: whereas 1D6 and 1DF correspond to up and down
[4:28pm] Shanus: the last subroutine is what guides the next change i think depending on this directional input to go into 11A, or 1D6 or 1DF.

If what i thinks this does is that we can use this function to define a class of ariables to true or false depending on directional input, and having it change the following function following such press.
hmmm... I'll be sure to try out fiddling around with this. Thanks, shanus!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD, do the following:

>.> 1)
Hold the phone -- we have a momentum reset command now? That would be incredibly useful.
2) Okay.
3) >_> but there are 5 aerials...so wouldn't I just put the DJC code at the beginning of each aerial? Unless I feel like figuring out all your directional input discoveries and putting them into use...

-DD

MaxThunder

PM Support
it sounds like you have to make it notice the position of the control stick and depending on that , go to the different aerials...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
it sounds like you have to make it notice the position of the control stick and depending on that , go to the different aerials...
=3=;; Lets avoid that for now. I'll try putting the code at the start of each aerial.
-DD

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah that might work too, if previous jump count is 1, current ID is jump, cancel momentum

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yeah that might work too, if previous jump count is 1, current ID is jump, cancel momentum
kkay~
Just double checking...
If LA-Basic[1]:1
--..How do I check current ID? = C
--Character momentum 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0.
End If

At least judging by what you said.
I have:
If LA-Basic[1]:2
--Character momentum 0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0
End If

:o Would it look like that?

Edit: No, no it wouldn't I just froze like a naked ******.

If Bit Is Set LA-Basic[1]==2
--Character momentum 1-0,1-0,1-0,0-1
End If

Trying that now~
-DD

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
"like a naked ******"? Never heard that one before.
On-topic: Is there ANY way to remove part of a jab combo?

MaxThunder

PM Support
theres this thing in yoshi's jabs: 06060100: 0-0. that might not have anything to do whith this but... after that a terminate collisions comand...

and under that on the first jab we find some a. timers and bit variables... and an allow interupt... the second jab stops at the terminate colissions... this might be relevant but i dont know... and i cant test it at the moment...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
"like a naked ******"? Never heard that one before.
On-topic: Is there ANY way to remove part of a jab combo?
Uhh...RA-Bit[16] is the auto-combo thing...so if you set it to false or 0 or something at the second hit...and replace everything in the second hit with the stuff form the 3rd hit, you've successfully canceled the second hit out.
-DD

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I made zelda's fsmash her fthrow animation, and changed nothing else..it worked surprisingly well. O_O

the only thing I need to do is speed it up a little bit so the hitboxes synch with the animation better. although I don't know if I can do that.

or just add a hitbox when she "releases" them. :D

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Woah, a while ago I thought I might have had a chance catching up with this stuff, but I see now that you guys are doing nothing else then modding characters XD I'll just wait for the awesomeness I guess.

shanus

Smash Hero
DD, if you want an explanation on how to check the current jump status, look at ID 11C in the B+ FitFox.pac file, you will see how i check for jumps there

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD, if you want an explanation on how to check the current jump status, look at ID 11C in the B+ FitFox.pac file, you will see how i check for jumps there
=D Okiedokie! Thanks man~
-DD

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to lengthen the dash in a FS animation? Ex TL has a "FinalDash" animation, is there a way to make it a longer dash? o.o

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
How might I make Ike's down taunt use his "You'll get no..." SFX? After I manage this, how would I go about putting it into the Brawl+ Ike .pac?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Is there a way to lengthen the dash in a FS animation? Ex TL has a "FinalDash" animation, is there a way to make it a longer dash? o.o
I know Lucario's Extreme Speed can be lengthened if you increase the momentum on it. I forget the line offhand, but if there is something like that, it could work?

How might I make Ike's down taunt use his "You'll get no..." SFX? After I manage this, how would I go about putting it into the Brawl+ Ike .pac?
Open Ike's B+ pac, go into the victory pose, copy down all the SFX info, put it all into his Down Taunt.
-DD

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
.....................................................................................
My file got corrupted.
SA crashed in the middle of saving, and now my PAC file is exactly zero bytes.
YOU HAVE ****ING GOT TO BE ****ING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AFTER HOURS OF ADDITIONAL WORK, NOW IT'S ALL ****ING GONE?!?!?! WHAT THE ****?!?!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
.....................................................................................
My file got corrupted.
SA crashed in the middle of saving, and now my PAC file is exactly zero bytes.
YOU HAVE ****ING GOT TO BE ****ING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AFTER HOURS OF ADDITIONAL WORK, NOW IT'S ALL ****ING GONE?!?!?! WHAT THE ****?!?!
>_> Do you have a backup from the last time you tested it on the Wii? I don't do too much work between tests because I have no idea if the result is what I want.

If not, lesson learned :3?
-DD

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
>_> Do you have a backup from the last time you tested it on the Wii? I don't do too much work between tests because I have no idea if the result is what I want.
I test several times, and only do a bit of work in between, but the last backup I have is from yesterday. So all the ****ing work I did is ****ing gone.
If not, lesson learned :3?

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
hey i need a little help, does anybody have any idea how to lets say create an attack like the one from jin from blazblue when he rides his ice sword thing from one side to another, i know theres a momentum code but i cant seem to get it to work, im trying to create jin on marth, hes almost done but i really want to create that attack and ill be happy

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
hey i need a little help, does anybody have any idea how to lets say create an attack like the one from jin from blazblue when he rides his ice sword thing from one side to another, i know theres a momentum code but i cant seem to get it to work, im trying to create jin on marth, hes almost done but i really want to create that attack and ill be happy
>_> The riding his sword thing...I dunno about that...
but the momentum code is pretty simple, just pump up the horizontal momentum number until it works. Then I think you'll want to search one of these guide topics for that code that won't let the character leave the stage during the animation...

And that's all I can really tell you right now.

Also:Testing right now, but RA-Bit[0]=True I think means to enable the ability to float...

Yup! it is.

-DD

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
about invisibility, does falco, fox and wolf get that or just travel really fast? Also, is there a way to implement the blue images of themselves when someone's attack to creat an epic effect? You know, characters motions is followed by a blue version of the character doing everything just like he does only a split second after

ALF

Smash Cadet
edit: nvm, i got it working.
Could you tell me exactly what you got working? I haven't really done much with that code yet, and any new info is much appreciated.

about invisibility, does falco, fox and wolf get that or just travel really fast? Also, is there a way to implement the blue images of themselves when someone's attack to creat an epic effect? You know, characters motions is followed by a blue version of the character doing everything just like he does only a split second after
They just move really fast, I think. And those blue versions are only accessible to them, they are made using the Generate Article command. HOWEVER, there is some ghostly after-image stuff going on with those moves that I'm trying to figure out. I'm not having much luck though, so it might take a while. Also, one of my friends from another forum messed around with the blue image, and accidentally made it drop it like a mine, waiting invisibly until someone touches it whereupon it activates.

Wow, I really just said whereupon, didn't I... wtf is wrong with me D:

D

Deleted member

people, I really stress that you keep the posts on topic. questions about running B+, or saying that this topic is doing good are not the kind of posts I wanna see. I really hate reporting stuff, but if it's neccesary I will.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Anyone know all the throw variables?

I got this much...

Throw Attack Collision: BONE, ID, DAMAGE, Trajectory, Direction, BKB, KBG, ZOff, YOff, XOff, ?, ?, ?, Bln?, Bln?, ?

I wanna know how to change the path they travel before they're thrown...would that be the attack...or the animation?
-DD

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I have a question about Z-Offset. I'm currently looking at Samus' .pac and see that her Attack12 (second jab) subaction 49 only have z-offset values while having 0s for x and y offsets. Does that make sense? How does the attack work like it does if the hitboxes are in the Z-plain (and brawl is in a 2d plane?)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
yes, but the hitboxes are 3D spheres. the z offset determines how far in front or behind the character it is. x offset is how far left or right it is, y is how far up or down it is.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hmm...
I'm trying to figure out where the "generate article" command is in Lucario's side-B- ...never mind, it's in the subroutines... ****. I'm trying to change the attack to a direct hitbox attack without removing the grab aspect of the attack... but now I'm not quite sure how I'm going to. >< Time for careful screwing around, I guess.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I understand that part but I just don't understand how these offsets work. The guide says that when messing with the XYZ offsets, the hitboxes are moved relative to the bone while the PSA program says the XYZ offsets are moved relative to the pivot of the character. Which is true?
Another question... When adjusting the XYZ offsets, do the hitboxes move with the animation (relative to the bone) or do they just appear and disappear based on where in the XYZ axis you offset them to?

Top Bottom