• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
use the "goto" command. read out the offsets* and use those.
Will "Goto" return to the first subaction and continue onward? I don't want to go to an event, then have to jump to that one and make another "goto" to jump to a third. That'd just be irritating.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Will "Goto" return to the first subaction and continue onward? I don't want to go to an event, then have to jump to that one and make another "goto" to jump to a third. That'd just be irritating.
Unfortunately, you have to jump to a third action.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
How do I make Mario's down B more like his dair, or Luigi's Down B? I tried replacing it completely with Luigi's Down B, but remembered that each character's external graphic file's are unique to them, and replaced the external graphic with the one from Mario's dair. I got rid of all of his holding and end positions for air and ground, renamed them non, and yet it worked weird. In the air, he went to his base model position (standing strait up, arm pointing perfectly out) and if he landed on the ground he was pushed back. The game froze if I used it on ground. When I replaced it with his dair, the same thing happened, except when he hits the ground, it acts like his final smash (same noises, same animation except no hitbox or flames, same screen tint) and when used on the ground he'd crouch and the game would freeze.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
How do I make Mario's down B more like his dair, or Luigi's Down B? I tried replacing it completely with Luigi's Down B, but remembered that each character's external graphic file's are unique to them, and replaced the external graphic with the one from Mario's dair. I got rid of all of his holding and end positions for air and ground, renamed them non, and yet it worked weird. In the air, he went to his base model position (standing strait up, arm pointing perfectly out) and if he landed on the ground he was pushed back. The game froze if I used it on ground. When I replaced it with his dair, the same thing happened, except when he hits the ground, it acts like his final smash (same noises, same animation except no hitbox or flames, same screen tint) and when used on the ground he'd crouch and the game would freeze.
Check the character submission topic, someone's already made that move. You just copy it from that moveset (which is just that one move) and into yours, maknig sure to replace all parts of it.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Check the character submission topic, someone's already made that move. You just copy it from that moveset (which is just that one move) and into yours, maknig sure to replace all parts of it.
Ah, thank you. I didn't think of looking there. Now I can make my ultimate Mario (which I do plan on submitting).

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
is there a full list of what sub-action is what? As in a list saying 1 is Wait1, E2 is Slip, ect.?
No, because while many are similar from character to character, not all of them are.
-DD

Eldiran

Smash Lord
The closest thing we have is this: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6915851&postcount=8857

Don't trust it, though, 'cause it's unreliable.

Also! I've made a momentous (for me) discovery! In the sound test, in the "Fighter Common" sound effects list, sound effect 60 is equivalent to Sound Effect: 70 in PSA. That means you can increment or decrement (remembering to stay in Hex in PSA) to get all the sounds on that list.

At least. I'm pretty sure that's right.

EDIT: Okay something's weird here. Unless it's my math. PSA 58 = Sound effect 43. Disregard what I said (mostly) until I research further.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I've learned the bones B-E and F-12 are Lucario's legs, and 1B-1D is one of Lucario's arms. 31 is his other hand (the spike in particular) so I'd guess that 2E-2F is the rest.
Also, I think that setting the bone of a graphic to FFFFFFFE means random placement.

MaxThunder

PM Support
...i'm starting to think its impossible to lower yoshis double jump... ... maybe the animation is made so it goes up through the whole thing no matter what you do?... if thats true... is it posible to make it cancel the animation at some point so it wil be lower?

D

Deleted member

Max thunder, place a timer around halfway the animation with a goto after it, with the goto pointing to being in the air (forgot which subID that was)

MaxThunder

PM Support
aah... finding the subaction is easy... but i kinda dont really know how to use timer yet... any help?

Edit: uh... theres two timers... which one should i use...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
08000100 0-X seems to control whether or not you fall off the edge when moving on the ground. So far as I've tested, 1 means you fall when you reach the edge, while 2 prevents you from falling off. I haven't tested it fully yet.
edit: nvm, i got it working.

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
just2good updated the attributes.txt, the Event List.txt, and the other stuff. Here is the link to the thread: http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=1461.0

There you guys go!
i downloaded this and now my attributes are messed up

Also i made a custom sonic and it wont work, when i start a match, none of the changes i made are there. then when i quit the match and used the falcon moveset i made, it froze, and that moveset has never frozen before

just2good

Smash Cadet
i downloaded this and now my attributes are messed up

Also i made a custom sonic and it wont work, when i start a match, none of the changes i made are there. then when i quit the match and used the falcon moveset i made, it froze, and that moveset has never frozen before
How are your attributes messed up? o.o

just2good

Smash Cadet
it kinda looks like:

Code:
0x000 Walk Initial Velocity

The maximum velocity obtainable by walking
0x00C Stopping Velocity

0x024

kinda like that
o.o weird, try extracting the text files again and replace the old text files and check again.

shanus

Smash Hero
Well, there's that and Mono Framework IF the Windows application needs .NET Framework (which this does, so mono can open this program in Mac).
Also, if your cool like me and don't feel like restarting or using mono, you can download parallels and use that to run vista and os X in the same instance in coherence mode.

My vista version of PSA just shows up like a normal OS X application so I'm using my mac with PSA without even concerning myself with windows functionality heh

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
well sonic's working and im just going back to the old files.

now i have a few questions, sorry if theyre obvious

1. how do you add effects to running (e.g. fire to sonic's run)

2. how do you add landing lag to a move that doesnt have it (i changed sonic's ftilt to his fair, and i gave falcon a new nair and its kinda broken right now with no landing lag)

3. i want to have sonic's dair have an explosion on landing. the effect is 3B and the size is 60000 and nothing happens.

can som1 plz help me with these?

EDIT: sry for double posting

MaxThunder

PM Support
...yeah... could someone please clarify this thing... its been drivin me crazy all day!!!... partly because i have to use my moms computer...

Kirk

Smash Champion
If I'm not mistaken...you can change the height/velocity of jumps in the attributes section.

If that's not what you're looking for, going on what paprika said...after a set time(using a timer), you can use a "change action" event to change Yoshi's action to "E"...which is 'fall' IIRC. He should immediately stop in midair and start descending. It might look a little awkward, but it should get the job done. And I assume changing the sub action to w/e "Fall" is would produce the same results, though changing the action seems better to me.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to make Samus' Charge beam to go a set distance before it disappears or even make it stationary for a while (while keeping its hitbox and animation)?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
If I'm not mistaken...you can change the height/velocity of jumps in the attributes section.

If that's not what you're looking for, going on what paprika said...after a set time(using a timer), you can use a "change action" event to change Yoshi's action to "E"...which is 'fall' IIRC. He should immediately stop in midair and start descending. It might look a little awkward, but it should get the job done. And I assume changing the sub action to w/e "Fall" is would produce the same results, though changing the action seems better to me.
When you change the subaction, it keeps you looped into that animation, and you can't attack until it finishes, at least in my experience.

E is dash btw. :3 Try again~

20 is Fall, and 23 is Fall Aerial.
26 is Fall Special, but that is the "can't do anything" one, iirc.

@Movie

Loops.
-DD

MaxThunder

PM Support
... trying whith goto comands diddent do a thing... gonna try changing actions now... only problem is my moms computer is so crappy it takes 10 minutes to save anything....

Edit: there's four change action comands... trying the first one now... but is that really the right one?

Kirk

Smash Champion
When you change the subaction, it keeps you looped into that animation, and you can't attack until it finishes, at least in my experience.

E is dash btw. :3 Try again~

20 is Fall, and 23 is Fall Aerial.
26 is Fall Special, but that is the "can't do anything" one, iirc.

@Movie

Loops.
-DD
Action, NOT subaction. They aren't the same.

I.E. lookie here --> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239768

E is Fall.

And if you want to get technical, they are essentially the same thing. Changing the action to action E will in turn call upon the subaction that has the animation...sub action 20 for example. Calling the action will most likely prevent what you said in your first sentence, as well, since you won't be calling a sub action when it normally shouldn't be called.

Again, doesn't matter which...I just prefer to change the action when I can.

EDIT:

Edit: there's four change action comands... trying the first one now... but is that really the right one?
Just use which ever one is the simplest. You shouldn't need any requirements in your case. Those other events are for when you need to conditionally call actions.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Action, NOT subaction. They aren't the same.

I.E. lookie here --> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239768

E is Fall.

And if you want to get technical, they are essentially the same thing. Changing the action to action E will in turn call upon the subaction that has the animation...sub action 20 for example. Calling the action will most likely prevent what you said in your first sentence, as well, since you won't be calling a sub action when it normally shouldn't be called.

Again, doesn't matter which...I just prefer to change the action when I can.
o_o There are too many list topics LOL.
All these lists should just be stored in SA >_>...
-DD

MaxThunder

PM Support
it worked=)... but does anyone know the number of frames in his yoshis double jump?... if i had that... i think i would be able to make it a little better...(setting the timer on 5 frames makes it go down so fast the even spamming jump gets you downwards...

Kirk

Smash Champion
it worked=)... but does anyone know the number of frames in his yoshis double jump?... if i had that... i think i would be able to make it a little better...(setting the timer on 5 frames makes it go down so fast the even spamming jump gets you downwards...
That's where the trial and error portion comes into play. Just plug in different Timer values until you get what you want. Just look on screen for yoshi's 2nd jump and just eyeball how long it lasts(or even a stopwatch). Yes it's VERY crude and innaccurate, but its a quick way to get a ballpark estimate. Just convert seconds to frames using 60frames/second, naturally.

Or better yet, scout out the Yoshi forums or something and see if they have frame data for it. Who knows... xD

MaxThunder

PM Support
That's where the trial and error portion comes into play. Just plug in different Timer values until you get what you want. Just look on screen for yoshi's 2nd jump and just eyeball how long it lasts(or even a stopwatch). Yes it's VERY crude and innaccurate, but its a quick way to get a ballpark estimate. Just convert seconds to frames using 60frames/second, naturally.

Or better yet, scout out the Yoshi forums or something and see if they have frame data for it. Who knows... xD
i checked out the yoshi forums ages ago... found nothing... as for trial and error... saving takes at least 10 minutes... and the counting thing i'm to lazyt to do...

Top Bottom