• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
for graphic effects, it moves relative to the bone, for collisions, it moves relative to the pivot point of the character. Or, maybe it's the other way around.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
you're correct SymphonicSage
which is why i wasnt able to get my hitboxes to work at first
i tried doing them the same as my Grphx

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
you're correct SymphonicSage
which is why i wasnt able to get my hitboxes to work at first
i tried doing them the same as my Grphx
If you set the bone of the hitbox to 0, then it also goes from the pivot point.
-DD

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Oh lordy... I'm in dangerous territory here.
I'm messing around with sub-routines: I've created one of my own in the attempt to get my semi-custom special to work properly.
EDIT: Well it's not doing anything at all. I think it might be a problem with the special itself...

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem.. I want Link's UpB to end and Cancel into his Clawshot Recovery when used in the air but the clawshot wont tether to the wall...
anyone know how i can fix this?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I have a problem.. I want Link's UpB to end and Cancel into his Clawshot Recovery when used in the air but the clawshot wont tether to the wall...
anyone know how i can fix this?
Try having a "Change Subaction" command that goes to the command for his midair clawshot (it probably has a "Catch" somewhere in its name).

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
for graphic effects, it moves relative to the bone, for collisions, it moves relative to the pivot point of the character. Or, maybe it's the other way around.
Ok so I know this is gonna sound really dumb but where exactly is the pivot point of characters? I'm pretty sure they're different for each character because each character has different body parts and different sizes for them but where is it usually located (chest? crotch? abdomen)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just set a graphic to bone 0 and no offset to find the pivot point?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
>< Anyone know why the facedown pose goes into a T-pose after one loop if it's used for any other action?
Or why it got so quiet in here? ._.
EDIT: Nvm, it was just leaving the subaction early and going to a subaction with a nonexistant animation (my fault).

MaxThunder

PM Support
... i think i might release beta of my yoshi soon... just if anyone wanted to know... messing whith yoshis jumps is kinda fun... you all should try it somtime=)

just a note... if you make yoshis double jump shorter whith a timer and a change action comand... you have to do it for both(meaning the forward and backward jumps...)... cause if you do it for the forward one and put a goto to that on the backward jump, you will get the full jump... so... only do that if thats what you want...

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Do any of you guys have luck substituting a CatchWait with any other animation? I'm trying to substitute Samus' CatchWait (along with all of her grabs) with another Wait subaction (Gekikara,Wait1,Wait2, Wait3) but no luck, the enemy just break out really quickly. I've tried substituting it with any other subaction and that doesn't help either. Does anyone know the specifics for successfully replacing the CatchWait animation?

MaxThunder

PM Support
great... now i want to try that but i'm too pissed at this computer for saving slowly...

but all i do know is that graphic affect 17 is... kinda epic... if i just could turn it sideways...

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
question/story or whatever.

Anyways, ever since I started using a bunch of PSA'd characters, some other characters seemed kinda weird. I had gotten about like 8 or 9 diff custom characters, then I went to play TL ( default, non-customized) and it seemed like he was running Reeeaaaalllyyy slow.. same deal with MK. idk if im trippin or something, but it seemed like there running speed was lowered. anyone know whats up with that?

I might just be a bit crazy though =P

ALF

Smash Cadet
1F090100 changes the visibility of held items.

By the way, is there a list somewhere of the commands figured out that aren't in PSA yet?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
question/story or whatever.

Anyways, ever since I started using a bunch of PSA'd characters, some other characters seemed kinda weird. I had gotten about like 8 or 9 diff custom characters, then I went to play TL ( default, non-customized) and it seemed like he was running Reeeaaaalllyyy slow.. same deal with MK. idk if im trippin or something, but it seemed like there running speed was lowered. anyone know whats up with that?

I might just be a bit crazy though =P
That's just because almost every edited character has had his or her speed increased.

EDIT: Alf, I assume the first parameter for that is Boolean?
EDIT2: Oh hey it filled it out for me. Nevermind!

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Is anyone planning on making a Attack Hack WiFi Brawls topic?

More on topic: Has anyone successfully given Lucario a new side-B?

Less on topic: Who, if anyone, is working on the clone engine code?

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
That's just because almost every edited character has had his or her speed increased.

EDIT: Alf, I assume the first parameter for that is Boolean?
EDIT2: Oh hey it filled it out for me. Nevermind!
not my custom pit I made, I didnt change his running speed. TL looks like he's jogging lol.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
... probably by putting in a change action comand at the end of your chosen aaerial.... and changing action to fall special
i tried but nothing happens, and if i use change sub action he remains in that animation even if he touches the ground

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
can someone tell me how to chain attacks together (like elemental marth's wind forms fully charged neutral special), i want to link six attacks together for toon link's side special

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Change Subaction to the next part of the attack. You'll have to make that part of the attack and replace an empty (NONE) animation with it though.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
060A0900 = Special Catch Collision

• Parameter 0 is ID
  • Parameter 1 is Bone (probably)
  • Parameter 2 is Grab Range
  • Parameter 3 is X Offset
  • Parameter 4 is Y Offset
  • Parameter 5 is Z Offset
  • Parameter 6 is...Orientation/Positioning/Stun of the Grabbed character and Grab Range? o_O
  • Parameter 7 controls whether other characters can pass through you and presence of grab-box?
  • Parameter 8 does...nothing?
needs moar testing on 6/7/8

IC3R

Smash Lord
Would it be possible to steal some of MK's attacks and tag them onto Kirby? I'm making an Ice Kirby, and some of his moves require use of an ice blade.

More specificly, I wanted to use MK's Fair, Uair, Dsmash, and maybe his Tornado animations. Since they are near the same size and body type, I couldn't halp but wonder...

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Once we learn to take moves from one character and apply them to another one, brawl+ will be the best game evah...

MaxThunder

PM Support
...we kinda can do that... only we cant use one characters articles, animations and various other character specific stuff on other character...

Top Bottom