• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MaxThunder

PM Support
I just learned something.
Every character has an input attack for angled smashes, not just characters that have it in their original moveset. Most characters just have all 3 set to the same attack.
... i figured out that a while ago... i gues i should have said something... but i was ocupied being angry at my cumputer cause it died...:(...

by the way... i have a little problem whith my yoshi... he now has 9 , really reallly short, jumps... exept if you use an aerial just as the jump starts... then you get the full distance... which is kinda broken whith yoshi... here's the pac file if anyone wants to look at it closer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ytyz2jy2zty

fun note: he can airwalk=)... and his f-smash spikes if angled down..

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
That's the way the code came when I got it. It's the Star Sparkling Mario (or whatever it's called), but I changed loop to 6 times, and added another offensive collision.

EDIT: Where would I add the loop rest? It seems the only way to make it stop freezing.
Try putting it at the very end of the loop and see what happens.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Try putting it at the very end of the loop and see what happens.
That sorta worked. It didn't freeze at character select screen, but it froze halfway thru the start up animation. I'm thinking about changing it back to 5 loops, since that worked perfectly fine (at least it did with regular, never tested it out with my new effects).

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
For those orb graphics and the dust smoke cloud graphics, is there a way to get it so they don't stay there forever?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hey Poke! The ID number has nothing to do with effects. It's the flag. The last two numbers, specifically. If you're modifying an attack that has no special effect, the last two numbers of the flag will be X0, where X is some number. Add the hit effect value to those two digits.

Example: Flag 00000080, a normal hit-type attack, becomes 00000093 if you change it to Darkness element.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
No, I don't want to make the sword f-tilt the character's f-tilt. I want it to be the second part of the jab, as in: sword jab -> sword f-tilt. As in, swing1 leads to swing3 (animation names, not the amount of hits I want in the jab).
replace attack,11,12,13 with swing 1,3,(whatever you want)

you will have to change the bone of the swing however, cuz they won't be holding a weapon

Eldiran

Smash Lord
A small discovery I thought I'd share...

The "ThrownF/B/etc." states (state 76 and onward) are things that happen to your opponents. If I, for example, put a command to make myself invisible on ThrownF ... the opponent will become invisible instead.

Interesting.

EDIT: Also, if anyone knows how to change the sound effects on death for a character, then I will love them forever if they tell me. I can't find a relevant state for it.

EDIT2: Actually, nevermind. I don't believe it's possible. Death is a universal action, so it probably has a command like "Damage Voice Clip" except for death sounds in it. Thus it's not something I could change. Bummer. BUT if anyone finds a command which disables voice clips (like the Metal state does) please share.

ALF

Smash Cadet
I redid falco's fair, and now he always auto-cancels it. Anybody know why?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
******, I don't think I can give my dark peach dark graphic effects. I tried looking at ganondorf's neutral b and down b, and the darkness graphics are external graphics effects. :(

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I got it to work. One more question, though. If I wanted to give a character multiple animations for theit f-tilt, but they only have one (like peach), how would I go about doing this?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Name it Fit(Character's name according to disc).pac and put it in

( X 'this is the root of the sd card') private/wii/APP/RSBE/PF/Fighter/(Character's folder. name is according to disc) and put it in the character's folder.

The only names that are actually different on the disc are this:

Bowser is Koopa

GigaBowser is GigaKoopa

Zero Suit Samus is szerosuit

mr. game and watch is gamewatch

pokemon trainer and company are as follows: poketrainer, pokezenigame (squirtle) pokefushigisou (ivysaur), and pokelizardon (Charizard)

ice climbers is popo

Jigglpuff is Purin

i think that's it. someone correct me if I'm wrong

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Hey Poke! The ID number has nothing to do with effects. It's the flag. The last two numbers, specifically. If you're modifying an attack that has no special effect, the last two numbers of the flag will be X0, where X is some number. Add the hit effect value to those two digits.

Example: Flag 00000080, a normal hit-type attack, becomes 00000093 if you change it to Darkness element.
Ah, thank you. I though something was weird. So the ID doesn't add darkness effect to the hit, it's the flag. I'm testing this now. Combined with a somewhat darkness-like graphic, it may look pretty cool. I'll post results in a bit...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
A small discovery I thought I'd share...

The "ThrownF/B/etc." states (state 76 and onward) are things that happen to your opponents. If I, for example, put a command to make myself invisible on ThrownF ... the opponent will become invisible instead.
So...time to test what happens when you replace the animation with something else...

******, I don't think I can give my dark peach dark graphic effects. I tried looking at ganondorf's neutral b and down b, and the darkness graphics are external graphics effects. :(
Use graphic effect 52. And set the hit flag to 93.
-DD

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Thank you. I was looking everywhere for it (shouldn't they update the graphic effects list on the first page....a lot of stuff has been found...)

btw does anyone know what all the parameters mean to throw attack collisions? and throw collisions?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Thank you. I was looking everywhere for it (shouldn't they update the graphic effects list on the first page....a lot of stuff has been found...)
:3 Thats what I've been wondering too.

But, I have the other list on my favorites.

I would REALLY prefer for PSA to have a little popup list that has all of them listed there.
-DD

MaxThunder

PM Support
Thanks, I got it to work. One more question, though. If I wanted to give a character multiple animations for theit f-tilt, but they only have one (like peach), how would I go about doing this?
uh... the best way would be by examining peach and finding out how it works... then recreating it on another char... if you can do that, it would be a kinda cool discovery(cause as far as i know noone's dona it yet...)

Revven

FrankerZ
EDIT2: Actually, nevermind. I don't believe it's possible. Death is a universal action, so it probably has a command like "Damage Voice Clip" except for death sounds in it. Thus it's not something I could change. Bummer. BUT if anyone finds a command which disables voice clips (like the Metal state does) please share.
lol this is too easy.

Just delete all the "Low Voice Clip:" actions from their attacks. Bam, they're quiet and all you can hear are their sword swings/other SFX.

MaxThunder

PM Support
... i figured out that a while ago... i gues i should have said something... but i was ocupied being angry at my cumputer cause it died...:(...

by the way... i have a little problem whith my yoshi... he now has 9 , really reallly short, jumps... exept if you use an aerial just as the jump starts... then you get the full distance... which is kinda broken whith yoshi... here's the pac file if anyone wants to look at it closer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ytyz2jy2zty

fun note: he can airwalk=)... and his f-smash spikes if angled down..
... i would really like that someone had a possible solution to this... cause its really anoying...

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I have a problem, when I save my .pac the Smash Attacks can't read them again and they freeze my wii... what should I do?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
That's a weird problem...no one else seems to have had it. Sorry I can't help you. But maybe someone else can. :| are you saving them with a number after it? Like FitCoolPeach01? or something like that? it should have a number after the character's name. and in the character's folders, do you name it Fit(Character).pac?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Ok, putting the number under the flags (sorta) worked. I wanted to give it a darkness effect like Ganon's, where the opponent has a lingering darkness on them for a second or two, or like Lucario's Aura Sphere when it hit's. When I put it in the flags it made little dark sparkles go flying in the air.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
No, I didn't I named it FitLucas.pac that was it then I tried it on other chars and it did the exact same thing

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Did you try rebooting PSA? I remember I was getting error msgs when opening character pacs at one point (properly named pacs, mind you, though that shouldn't matter with PSA). It worked fine again once I quit the program and came back.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
lol this is too easy.

Just delete all the "Low Voice Clip:" actions from their attacks. Bam, they're quiet and all you can hear are their sword swings/other SFX.
That does work, but only for everything but the character's deaths. There isn't an action to correspond to those, so I can't edit them to do that. Hence I'm trying to find a funky workaround.

But thanks anyway.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Did you try rebooting PSA? I remember I was getting error msgs when opening character pacs at one point (properly named pacs, mind you, though that shouldn't matter with PSA). It worked fine again once I quit the program and came back.
I tried like a thousand times aleady... perhaps you can send me a different link / version of it to see if it works for me?

MaxThunder

PM Support
Ok, putting the number under the flags (sorta) worked. I wanted to give it a darkness effect like Ganon's, where the opponent has a lingering darkness on them for a second or two, or like Lucario's Aura Sphere when it hit's. When I put it in the flags it made little dark sparkles go flying in the air.
... then try to find out what makes ganon give people those cool things then... and if you want graphic effects, you can find them here: http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=1337.0

pokelover980

Smash Ace
... then try to find out what makes ganon give people those cool things then... and if you want graphic effects, you can find them here: http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=1337.0
Ok, I'll look at Ganon's. I have that list saved on my computer, I used it for the darkness explosion, which also sorta worked, I just need to make it smaller and find a better combination of graphics.

EDIT: It seems 93 IS darkness according Ganon's moves, I'll try again...

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has been asked already/is in the wrong place to ask, but if I have the Brawl+ character PACs on my SD card, can I use those as a base to work with in Project SA?

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
So, I was messing around with this thing, and I switched Lucario's B-side with his SwingDash animation (his dash while holding a sword). It worked out fine except he doesn't follow the animation aka when the animation is over he floats back to his standing spot. Is there anyway to fix this? Or did I copy the codes wrong?

MaxThunder

PM Support
So, I was messing around with this thing, and I switched Lucario's B-side with his SwingDash animation (his dash while holding a sword). It worked out fine except he doesn't follow the animation aka when the animation is over he floats back to his standing spot. Is there anyway to fix this? Or did I copy the codes wrong?
... is your problem that you now flies away but when its over you just goes back to the piont you where standing?... and if you have a name on it'll just be on the place tyou wass until you return there?... if not i please explain more... if yes... i dunno... same thing happened when i tried to make yoshi's dash attack his f-smash...

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
... is your problem that you now flies away but when its over you just goes back to the piont you where standing?... and if you have a name on it'll just be on the place tyou wass until you return there?... if not i please explain more... if yes... i dunno... same thing happened when i tried to make yoshi's dash attack his f-smash...
Yeah, that's my problem @.@

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Success! I got a darkness effect!

It works beautifully. I had to add darkness to every offensive collision, not just the one I added. Up next, ice u-smash. Does anyone have a list of effects for attacks? I have one, but it's screwed up and says that darkness is 13, when it's really 93.

Top Bottom