• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirk

Smash Champion
I've successfully removed Ike's charging on eruption and quick draw, with one simple change in the code lol.

Let me take a look at Toon link real quick...

Yep, same deal. Changed one digit in the code lmao.

Go to action 114 in specials. The very first line says to change the action to 117, the requirement being if button pressed = 1, which is the "B" button.

You can see the other change action changes the action to 118, which is when "B" isn't pressed. All you have to do is changed the 117 in the first line to 118. This essentially bypasses the charging action event, so no matter if you're holding "B" or not it will go directly to the attack.

tl;dr - Change the first line(in the special action 114[up-b]) code's 'action' parameter to 118 instead of 117.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Oh sweet. I just got DJC working again!
Yay me!
But uh, incase you wanna crack it before I release my next Mewtwo build in an hour or two...you don't need to read any control inputs...because once the momentum is set you can add left/right direction to it, kinda like DI, but also dependent upon the character's air mobility.

-DD
Tell me, ness needs to know. T_T

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
how do you go about making a move not able to be used in the air, like DK's Down B or Peach's
i created a move(new Down b) that spawns a freezy in the character's hands (sonic) as he uses his Assist trophy aquiring animation

ALF

Smash Cadet
Use the line "Change Action: action=E, requirement=In Air" (02010200: 0-E, 6-4). Figuring out where to put it can be a little tricky and involves a bit of trial and error sometimes. Additionally, you should put an if statement to check that he's on the ground before you trigger the sub actions.

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
All righty, I don't know if this is the topic for this, but I want to ask somewhere before I turn in...

I'm in the middle of making this "Logical Sonic" moveset hack, where (for starters) I give Sonic Screw Attack effects with EVERY jump, an Aerial Side B which propels him in a trajectory similar to Monkey Flip and an aerial Down B that sends him catapulting downwards and has him bounce off the first thing he comes across (unless it's the killzone, of course) for damage, if applicable. Anyways, the first part was simple enough and I got that working to where he does, in fact, damage Screw Attack style during each hit. But, I'm having trouble trying to code the bouncing attack (and haven't started on the Side B thing yet). So, I'd appreciate some help, even in the form of pointing to the topic I should be asking on. XD

I'll be able to provide a .PAC later in the afternoon, but it's currently on an SD card and I don't always have access to the computer that has an SD slot.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Now I have a weird question. How do I add ending lag? I want to add it to my Mario's u- and d-smashes so they aren't so broken (u-smash freezes opponent, d-smash impales).

MaxThunder

PM Support
...does anyone know how to make yoshi's neutral-b not grab?... and be just a hit...?... i tried by removing all of the grab hitboxes... that did axactly nothing... and my attempts at adding hitboxes just... made the wii freeze

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
What in the world do Bit Variables do!?

Also having trouble adding a Button Press requirement, if I try nothing happens. I was going to add a third jab. I tried If(With Requirement)>Change Action and Change Action with the requirement, but no luck.

Reposting for hope.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Sooo, how do I take away all detecting hitboxes on Peach's side b and make it startup faster and lagless?

>.<

and change the items that Peach plucks

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
...does anyone know how to make yoshi's neutral-b not grab?... and be just a hit...?... i tried by removing all of the grab hitboxes... that did axactly nothing... and my attempts at adding hitboxes just... made the wii freeze
You have to remove hitboxes at the end of the action.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
hitboxes...?... so... that grab box thingys have nothing to do whith it?
You have to remove all hitboxes, and probably grabboxes at the end of an action, or else the game will crash.

Anybody know how to have a sub-action send a character into the air? I've tried using the Momentum thing to give him both a horizontal and a vertical movement, but he only moves horizontally. I've also tried first setting him to be "In-Air," but that just made him slide more, as far as I can tell.

I'm using a really high offset for now (10), so I'd definitely be able to tell if it was working.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Aw man.

You know it only works for the move it's placed in, right? Just checking.

Also, I posted a snapshot of effects 1-11 for reference over at Kittycorp. Here's a link for convenience if it doesn't get updated to the main list.

http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=1337.msg15574#msg15574
do I set it to true or false? i wanted it to work only during snakes crawl/squat, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

alright! got it to work. thanks for the help.

jasonisagay

Smash Rookie
so i know this is a really, really stupid question, but how do you apply the .pac files after modifying them? i already have the newest file patch code, i'm just too dumb to figure out how to get it all together. and i couldn't find a noob tutorial. help?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
K, I've gotten Peach to pull Unira's instead of turnips. However, I now need a way to limit it to 1 or 2 uniras on the field at once (I've already made it take 30 frames to pull one out, but uniras are wayy too powerful)

actually I might change them to smoke balls.

edit: Smokeballs didn't work. Uniras are too powerful, but I'm sticking with them.

I can't summon pokemon without a pokeball? Generate Item doesn't work with pokemon.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
im trying to, as stated above, give sonic a move that spawns a Freezy in his hands with his Assit trophy animation
i want it to only work on the ground in the same mannoy as peach's Down B does
this is what i have

cureently sonic plays the begining of his crouch animation (where he goes down to the ground) and resetsack into standing animation * * *at least...it looks like it* * *
and slides a bit foreward
this resembels a wavedash, and as cool as it looks, its not what im looking for
what do i need to change?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I just realized something.

There is no allow interrupt command on Mario's u-smash OR d-smash. Would I add to the timer before "Terminate Collisions:" instead?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
that would make the hitboxes last longer. What you need to do is have a timer after terminate collisions, set that to a long time (just trial and error here,) and add an allow interrupt after that.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
I just realized something.

There is no allow interrupt command on Mario's u-smash OR d-smash. Would I add to the timer before "Terminate Collisions:" instead?
no, you need to add an asynchrous timer at the end with (im not sure how many frames, you'll have to toy with that) ???-frames and then add an allow interupt at the end

i think..

Edit: ninja'd
dayum lol

pokelover980

Smash Ace
that would make the hitboxes last longer. What you need to do is have a timer after terminate collisions, set that to a long time (just trial and error here,) and add an allow interrupt after that.
Ok. How many frames in a second? I don't want to add a ridiculous amount and have way too much end lag. I was thinking going with 60 frames.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Ok. How many frames in a second? I don't want to add a ridiculous amount and have way too much end lag. I was thinking going with 60 frames.
you cant really add endlag onto moves animations (yet, hopefully in the future you can)
but for arials you can change how much landing lag there is

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
True, but you can edit the amount of time before you can interrupt it. which is basically endlag.

but to slow down the animation accordingly, you'd have to use the frame speed modifier.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thought I'd post this here. I'm kind of info dumping after all the stuff I gathered making Wisp.

The first number is in hex, and is the value used in PSA. The number in parentheses is the number of the sound effect in the Brawl Sound Test, under Fighter Common.

There's also an approximation of the kind of sound it is.

Sound Effects:

1FD4 (Narration 40) = Announcer : "Wow, incredible!"
1FD3 (Narration 39) = Announcer : "Congratulations!"
1FE2 (Item 148) time stop 1 ???
1FD0 = (Item 130) Trophy Get!
1FCF = (Item 129) sandy whoosh!
1FC0 = explosion-y noise
1FBE = explosion-y noise
1FAB = high pitched bunny ear noise
1FA9 = low pitched bunny ear noise
1F93 = super scope charging noise
1F8F = Star Rod swing (weak)
1F8E = Star Rod swing (strong)
1F8D = Star Rod swing (smash)
1F83 = (Item 56)heavy bat hit
1F82 = (Item 55)homerun!! hit
1F81 = (Item 54)short beam sabre noise
1F80 = (Item 53)longer beam sabre noise
1F7F = (Item 52) longest beam sabre noise
1F67 = (Item 29) metal clang!!
1F5C = (Item 19) Smoke ball "ksssss."
1F5B = (Item 18) UFO-ey noise
1F56 = click.
1F48 = low, muffled "mmbp."
1F43 = brief but loud siren

BD (136) = chk.
BC (135) = looong low splash.
(121) = long blast
A9 (117) = windy blast2
A8 (116) = windy blast
88 != (84)
(71) longerer electric shock
7A (70) = longer electric shock
79 (69) = short electric shock
77 (67) = PSI style longerer 'lectric shock
76 (66) = PSI style longer electric shock
75 (65) = PSI style short electric shock
73 (63) = low muffled whoosh
71 (61) = low, slower airwhoosh
70 (60) = low, quick airwhoosh
6f (59) = lower airy whip
6e (58) = low airy whip
6d (57) = high airy whip
6c (56) = higher airy whip
6b (55) = higherer airy whip
6a (54) = light airy whoosh
69 (53) = gun cocking sound (smash charge)
(44) thunk!
(45) thunk.
58 (43) = ding! star death
(41) = looooong burning
51 (40) = low long explosion
50 (39) = brief blast/explosion
4E (37) = low explosion, burning
4D (36) = low explosion fire
4C (35) = burning
4B (34) = quick gout of fire
52 = long low thunder
47 (33) = death explosion
44 (30) = sailing, wind (from being sent flying)
48 = doesn't work?
43 = slice
3D (23) = blast
3A (20) = swing
23 = click

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to quote my own question, but I would like an answer, please! >.<;
I'm in the middle of making this "Logical Sonic" moveset hack, where (for starters) I give Sonic Screw Attack effects with EVERY jump, an Aerial Side B which propels him in a trajectory similar to Monkey Flip and an aerial Down B that sends him catapulting downwards and has him bounce off the first thing he comes across (unless it's the killzone, of course) for damage, if applicable. Anyways, the first part was simple enough and I got that working to where he does, in fact, damage Screw Attack style during each hit. But, I'm having trouble trying to code the bouncing attack (and haven't started on the Side B thing yet). So, I'd appreciate some help, even in the form of pointing to the topic I should be asking on. XD
I can provide a .PAC via PM for anyone interested in helping me; I just hate "releasing" half-done things that recently froze my game by Down B-ing in the air.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
you cant really add endlag onto moves animations (yet, hopefully in the future you can)
but for arials you can change how much landing lag there is
Is ending lag the amount of time your useless after you hit someone? Because that's what I'm talking about, sorry if you didn't think so. I want to know how to add that, since my Mario would generally be broken without it.

Revven

FrankerZ
Thought I'd post this here. I'm kind of info dumping after all the stuff I gathered making Wisp.

The first number is in hex, and is the value used in PSA. The number in parentheses is the number of the sound effect in the Brawl Sound Test, under Fighter Common.

There's also an approximation of the kind of sound it is.
Just so everyone knows, these are hitbox SFX, not for the normal animation SFX. Meaning, it's in the flags for the hitbox.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Is ending lag the amount of time your useless after you hit someone? Because that's what I'm talking about, sorry if you didn't think so. I want to know how to add that, since my Mario would generally be broken without it.
yes in a way
but dont worry, we understood what you wanted xD
at least im pretty dang sure

TreK

Is "that guy"
chk dung thung click slice swing !
It should be noted that this synchs with PAL brawl. I was EXTREMELY happy my wisp had sounds <3

Question...
The wind stuff on the Peach/Rachel (from Blazblue) is hella hard to get working. Rachel's gonna be a huge challenge if I don't give it up ._.
I've been messing with stuff trying to be logical and stuff for 4 hours straight ; but I only earnt a few freezes. Lolwut.
May someone take a look at this and explain briefly what is causing it ? thx.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T99SNX38

Everything is in subaction 0 atm. I plan on making it a subroutine so it doesn't take too much space (characters are limited in file size I heard)

What you'll find :
-the 1st thing is the umbrella ; I added it to every single subaction rachel has because I couldn't have it working otherwise. Tested without the wind stuff, it works.
-A little loop thingy that is used to fill the wind gauge : 1 unit every 5 seconds and 4 units max.
-A medium loop that is supposed to give the gauge a viewable form : each unit adds a dark orb in Rachel's back.
-a HUGE loop block that is the core of the mechanic : by pressing the D-pad, you consume a wind unit (assuming you have one ; no effect otherwise) and get a momentum boost plus there is a weak wind hitbox that affects every opponent on the screen (stole ganon's uptilt wind hitboxes so it affects shields like in blazblue)

This is what is intended ; however the big beep seems to tell me I'm not doing it right. Halp me ._.

Top Bottom