• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so I (think that I) got the windbox working, but it's insanely weak. At point blank range, it literally did nothing more than push a CPU Marth's cape around. I can't figure out the parameter to buff the force on this thing; what do you have to do? I've already checked between Toon Link's dair and Wisp's uB, and I have practically the same parameters as each of them, differing only in x/y offsets and size.

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
Is there any list on what sub actions are kirby's abilities?im trying to find mach tornado and pk flash but i can't tell what they are;;

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Good news people, the confusion on Graphic effects is no more! I created a visual dictionary on every single graphic effect in the game, go check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcfpKYOANgU
Very nice! The only way this could be better is if the video quality was << But I bet if you sent a replay and the proper files to recreate it, someone'd be willing. You don't have to though, this is still useful.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Alright, so I (think that I) got the windbox working, but it's insanely weak. At point blank range, it literally did nothing more than push a CPU Marth's cape around. I can't figure out the parameter to buff the force on this thing; what do you have to do? I've already checked between Toon Link's dair and Wisp's uB, and I have practically the same parameters as each of them, differing only in x/y offsets and size.
The Base Knock back controls the strength of the windbox. I've had to learn this through trial and error xD but right now I feel like I'm a pro with windboxes ;o

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I'm sure someone's already figured this out, but...

graphic effect 65 is the smart bomb graphic.

EDIT: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ninja'd

Adapt

Smash Lord
I am having a strange problem

I am trying to modify the following attributes:

0x140
0x144
0x148
0x14C
0x150

These, according to the spreadsheet in my previous post, correspond to the landing lag for the various aerials (in the order of nair, fair, bair, uair, dair)

The issue is... when I change the value, save it, and then open it again... the value has changed to something ridiculous.

Input---->Saved
40-------->128
9--------->256
15-------->16384
22-------->2048
1---------->1
8--------->8
14-------->128
23-------->4194304

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I need help on limiting the amount of items a character can pull out at a time

I think there has something to do with Set Loop Infinite and requirements.

agh.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I require assistance/a list for button presses (04 is GCN's Z for ex).

OR

I need a way to RESTRICT certain actions.

Like say if I wanted to keep Marth's dtilt IASA...but prevent it from linking into Dancing Blade...

what would I do?

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Question. I've just recently made falco's Dthrow into his dair. The problem is, when he shoots the lasers, they go either right or left(depends on where he's facing) instead of downward. How do I make the lasers go downwards?

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
I require assistance/a list for button presses (04 is GCN's Z for ex).

OR

I need a way to RESTRICT certain actions.

Like say if I wanted to keep Marth's dtilt IASA...but prevent it from linking into Dancing Blade...

what would I do?
can't remeber where i found this

Code:
00 = normal attack button (A by default)
01 = special attack button (B by default)
02 = jump button (X, Y and Up by default)
03 = shield button (L, R and Z by default)
04 = R, L, Z
05 = Unknown (Couldn't trigger this one)
06 = Dpad UP
07 = Dpad DOWN
08 = Dpad RIGHT, Dpad LEFT
09 = Dpad LEFT
0A = Dpad RIGHT
0B = B, X, Dpad RIGHT, Dpad LEFT
0C = Y, X , Dpad UP, Dpad RIGHT
0D = B, Y, X , Dpad UP, Dpad RIGHT, Dpad LEFT
0E = A+B (Both pressed together)
0F = C-Stick (Any Direction)
10 = With a value of "10," the IF statement triggered everytime, regardless of inputting any button...or not pressing anything at all.
11 = Unknown (Couldn't trigger this one)
12 = Unknown (Couldn't trigger this one)

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
So uhm, question. wanted to create a New Special for my character., I was gonna give him an "air Dash" but it doesnt quite work right, it does the animation, but it doesnt move forward. I dont really know what I'm doing anymore lmao, havent messed with the program in about 2 weeks. help plox? o.o
You need to use the "move character" command. It's command 0E080400. You can find it in moves like Ike's UpB and Toon Link's dair. There are four parameters. The first parameter controls horizonal velocity, and the second parameter controls vertical velocity.

If you want your character to move forward when he does that air attack, just paste 0E080400 and put some positive value in the first parameter (3 or 4 will probably be good enough) and 0 in the second parameter (unless you want the char to move in a diagonal upwards or downwards - a positive second parameter causes upwards movement while a negative causes downwards movement). Likewise, a negative first parameter will cause your char to move in the opposite direction he's facing.

You don't have to touch the 3rd or 4th parameters. I'm not sure what they do. Perhaps the 3rd parameter affects movement in the z direction? This brings me to my question for this thread. Does anyone know how to get 0E080400 to work for attacks performed while on the ground? I can only get it work for aerial moves. I'm about to start messing with the 3rd and 4th parameters to try to get it working.

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
But, if that were true, it would work properly if he Copy-Pasted the DThrow code straight to the DAir, which it apparently isn't.

ALF

Smash Cadet
Question. I've just recently made falco's Dthrow into his dair. The problem is, when he shoots the lasers, they go either right or left(depends on where he's facing) instead of downward. How do I make the lasers go downwards?
I tried for a long time to do what you're trying to do, so I'm going to say it simply: You can't... yet. Maybe once we can edit the articles it'll be possible, but for now find something else to try.

Xpwnage123

Smash Cadet
Ok here are a few questions about Ganondorf.

Ok well I replaced his Side-B with his Jab animation. I was wondering how I could make it so his momentum did not stop in the air when he used it (as in he keeps on falling). Also I'd like to make it so he doesn't go into his special fall animation afterward. Any advice?

shanus

Smash Hero
Alright, I need help here with some strategy for making a proper JC+ code.

So I want it so that during the jump start animation, I allow the user to enter a grab by hitting Z. So I can do that easily with a change action command (but shield buttons work as well :-\). However, that is the easy part of the code. What I want to do is that if the user does perform a jump-cancelled grab and whiffs the grab, they have extra lag so that there is a proper risk-reward for using the AT.

What i've tired in like 50 different iterations is the following:

The input of the JC Grab also sets a bit variable (ive tried 16 and 17) to true.

Then in the catch animation, i duplicated the set such that

If bit var is set,
do grab animation with longer endlag (so it only effects whiffs)

else
do normal grab

However, I do JC grabs, but get no extra endlag. Any ideas?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I have a problem with an attack...
i think its ID's but idk...
anyways it makes the game freeze every time
here's what my screen shows...
any fixes appreciated

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b85/kyzon13/ProblemAttack.jpg

you forgot to put a timer after terminate collisions (aka endlag) and an allow interrupt at the very end.

and shanus, can you make it so you can interrupt it with x? I have x set to grab (z is set to attack for easier Boost smashing)

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
you forgot to put a timer after terminate collisions (aka endlag) and an allow interrupt at the very end.

and shanus, can you make it so you can interrupt it with x? I have x set to grab (z is set to attack for easier Boost smashing)
Uhhh... there is a way to map it to any "Grab" button you have set; it just escapes me at the moment... ^_^;

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Two questions (both regarding some modifications I'm making to Aether):

1.) How do you change momentum twice within the same sub-action? Simply putting another change momentum command (something along the lines of 0E080400) with the right parameters doesn't do anything; I've also tried setting momentum to zero with the command and then increasing it afterward, but that doesn't work either.

2.) Is it possible to make it so that "Allow Interrupt" only allows you to interrupt with certain actions?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Two questions (both regarding some modifications I'm making to Aether):

1.) How do you change momentum twice within the same sub-action? Simply putting another change momentum command (something along the lines of 0E080400) with the right parameters doesn't do anything; I've also tried setting momentum to zero with the command and then increasing it afterward, but that doesn't work either.

2.) Is it possible to make it so that "Allow Interrupt" only allows you to interrupt with certain actions?
1) Are you sure? I've got two momentum commands in Wisp's down air attack, and it works fine. (One sends him plummeting downwards, the second one stops him after the move is done.) I suspect something else might be wrong. Remember, the character momentum command doesn't "set" the momentum, it simply adds to it.

2) I don't believe so.

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
Is there any list on what sub actions are kirby's abilities?im trying to find mach tornado and pk flash but i can't tell what they are;;
Sorry for reposting this,its just no one was replying:p

Does anyone who is very skilled at this have any kind of messenger?I need a LOT of help with the hitbox making. Also is there anyway to add damage to a footstool jump?

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman

gonna try that...
thanks

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Right, so...

I have tried hundreds of times of attaching a hitbox to a new animation, and it's never worked once.

I tried changing Bowser's dair into his smash throw down animation (aerial, of course), and i have the hitboxes assigned to what I believe to be the right bone and everything, but.. It just hasn't worked.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0050db0bf87b8fa92fb2ca15d7ea42d9e04e75f6e8ebb871

Thats the .pac im using right now, with the dair stuff and all. (of course, no hitbox; someone informing me of my problem would be my savior, lol)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
is the timer before terminate collisions a synchronous one? it should be.

do you have a terminate collisions? you should.

is the hitbox not size 0? it should not be size 0.

edit: hmm... I don't know... I would just set it to bone 0 and work the offsets from there.

Top Bottom