• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

118 Pikachu Tricks (Added Skullbash Edgeguarding)

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to point out something I pulled off a while back... the "Tail Whip Wall Lock":
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195481

I got caught in one once when a noob Pikachu pulled the whole "I can play Pikachu better, I'm going to make myself look just like him and fail." Needless to say, It's actually a bit tricky to DI out of. I still haven't gotten the hang of it.

brod1986

Smash Apprentice
Could you explain a little better the technique for multiple thunder? and is it only usefull during edge guard?

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
one question- at one point, you jump tjolt, then land, and do a sliding fsmash. how did you do that? and do you play online?
who and what video are you referring to?

Could you explain a little better the technique for multiple thunder? and is it only usefull during edge guard?
I'll add more uses for thunder in the list

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
i am talking about muhznits video. the one right before my post.
I'd appreaciate if you told me WHICH video and what time it was next time. (About 1:21 on that Sonic Vid)

I honestly didn't notice that slide at all. It probably has something to do with landing on a slanted surface.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
did he? I looked at both videos and I have no idea what stealth's talking about... :\

anyway, go for it, peregrin
I pointed out the time in my last post in this thread. (1:21) on that "RATS EVERYWHERE" Video.
Like I said, it's something situational. This, however is not:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=DdrCtmUGoyw

Crawl Dashing. A Technique to dodge Falco's lasers while still moving foward. Think of the awesomeness.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
I pointed out the time in my last post in this thread. (1:21) on that "RATS EVERYWHERE" Video.
Like I said, it's something situational. This, however is not:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=DdrCtmUGoyw

Crawl Dashing. A Technique to dodge Falco's lasers while still moving foward. Think of the awesomeness.
that's the most amazing thing ever :D especially with kirby! I gotta try this with pikapika ^_^

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
that's the most amazing thing ever :D especially with kirby! I gotta try this with pikapika ^_^
I meant to post it earlier, but Firefox wasn't giving me anything on previously visited sites when I typed in "Crawl Dashing". Then I found out I had faved the demonstration video.

I don't think it described how to do it, did it? Anyways, the idea is to get a walk going; NOT A DASH, a walk. You should be able to F-Tilt rather than dash attack. From that, tilt the control stick down enough to crouch, then gently tilt it back to a foward position. The first few times, you may wind up accidently dashing out of a crouch; practice more. A gentle touch is key to it.

K 2

Smash Lord
Can you get a video for some of the latter techniques? They sound really cool, but I have a hard time visualizing some of them. Thanks!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Well you'll need a really good tv and camera or a capture card and software for your pc to make them.

I really dont know beyond that.

K 2

Smash Lord
I think a capture card (no idea what that is) will give you better video quality. You have to upload it onto your computer somehow and then put it on youtube. I'm not really sure how, since I never do this stuff.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about this a few days ago.
To make a video showing all these techniques.
Kinda like a how to play Pika?

but I can't do everything on this list, if someone wants to show me like over Wifi all the things on this list I'll record it and get it on the video.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
If you search my youtube (invokke08havokk) and think that quality is good enough, I could help the Pika community and make a vid showcasing all these techs (so long as I can do them.... and I can do -most- of them)

Press22

Smash Journeyman
okay, here's what I can't do..
I'll be on the chat later today so just get a hold of me.

2) Quadruple Thunder
3) Reverse Thunder
7) Cross Thunder
23) Dash attack Wall Glitch
25) Quickfooting

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Thunder Walljump: Wall Jump, hold the control stick towards the wall, then Thunder. Thunder 2 (The shockwave) should occur and Pikachu should face the wall. If Thunder strikes behind Pikachu, you did it to early. You wait after the wall jump to thunder.
Uses: Not many. Perhaps getting a better vertical range with thunder?

Thunder Ledgejump: Follows the same principles as the Thunder Wall Jump. Jump while holding the control stick in the opposite direction, wait a few frames, then Thunder.
Uses: Getting a sweet-spotted thunder directly over your ledgegaurding opponent's head?

...and one other I'm about to make a new thread about...

Zylar

Smash Ace
Gez, pika's is sooooooo good. Seriously, so many freakin things you can do with thunder, plus quick attack.
Head spin, brain hurt, pika ... chu...

Now if Anther could do all of the AWESOMENESS of pika, then life would be sweet. Why? Cuz pika would be feared more. ;) ^^

K 2

Smash Lord
I think there is a video out there on the basics of playing pikachu (The Spammer's Way of Playing? I'm not too sure about that title). If someone with a capture card can put together a video showcasing all his techniques, that would definately help the pika community. Perhaps you can make a series? I.E. one video about all the thunder techniques, one about QAC and all the QA techs, etc.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Is Pikachus footstool (when opponent on ground) infinite wellknown? (footstool, QAC and buffer a footstool to QAC) known? (and maybe deconfirmed/confirmed as an infinite?)

K 2

Smash Lord
Is Pikachus footstool (when opponent on ground) infinite wellknown? (footstool, QAC and buffer a footstool to QAC) known? (and maybe deconfirmed/confirmed as an infinite?)
Yes, Pika can utilt->footstool->QAL (quick attack lock), but that's very hard to do

I have a capture card, ehehe, I'm waiting to get this video started.
Sweet! Good Luck with the vid!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Having down taunt as one of the things isn't really good. It is not an AT or anything really useful since they can attack you while you are still taunting. ALso, quack hopping isn't really useful either...

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
please read the first paragraph of the first post. It specifically states:

This may be useless (or known to some people), but I'm just getting these ideas out in the open. Some people don't know of the tricks that they could do with Pikachu, or may want concrete information, which is why I created this thread. Most of these techniques are highly situational, at best. Of course, 40+ situational techniques should be especially helpful in a battle.

Most of these aren't ATs - they're just tricks that you can do with Pikachu.

K 2

Smash Lord
On number 34, I think there is a typo "Tail Hwip". I think it should be tail whip.

Almost all character specific AT's are situational. Granted, pika has QAC which has a multitude of uses, but most AT's are designed for a specific situation, and the more AT's you have, the better chance you have of covering yourself in every situation.

K 2

Smash Lord
Oh. I don't have time to watch family guy anymore. =( too much homework.

Also, 5ive's video guide helps a lot as to understanding what these AT's are. The visual is very useful to tell if you are doing it correctly.

Top Bottom