• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

118 Pikachu Tricks (Added Skullbash Edgeguarding)

K 2

Smash Lord
Can pikachu do the dash attack cancelled up smash (DACUS)? It's similar to Falco's gatling combo/snakes mortar slide in terms of button input. I was doing to gatling combo with falco the other day and I wondered if pika could do something like that?

I might test this out later.

5ive

Smash Champion
If there is a video example of the technique showing into the guide, add the link in, and if you check the original thread, just control f the technique, and you can add in the specific time it appears.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
is there any chance that you could do a video for a few more techniques? I'll do them all :D

here are the ones:

1) Using Aerials for Recovery
2) Pikaslide
3) Sliding Attacks
4) Skull Boosting
5) Quack Hopping
6) QA to Falling Attacks on Platforms
7) Daze Cancel
8) Daze Slope Cancel
9) Thunder’s Invincibility Frames
10) Quadruple Thunder
11) Reverse Thunder
12) Pivoted Thunder
13) Matrix Thunder
14) Flash
15) Down Taunt

Zylar

Smash Ace
I'm confused about the "Flash" trick.

None of pikas move actually auto-cancel (Disclaimer : I don't want to revive that thing again.)
So can you be more specific? Do you enter the command for fair right before you land? Or do you enter the command for fair right after you leave the ground? Or is it something else?

If you enter fair as soon as you leave the ground, wouldn't that mean it's the same as naming thunderstorming to pika's dair?

(Why am I the only one who seems to confused about anything? T_T)

Edit : Daze Slope Cancel! LOL! 10 pokeballs!

Edit2: Fixed!

K 2

Smash Lord
Fair doesn't auto cancel...none of pika's aerials auto cancel, but fair does have very little landing lag.

K 2

Smash Lord
Doing a fair right before you land with autocancel it, even though pika's fair doesn't autocancel?

Zylar

Smash Ace
Maybe it doesn't autocancel but does something entirely different.
Or maybe it does, but it is like (umm..., oh yeah!) that frame specific autocancel thingy.
Or maybe different control configureations. (Doubtful that would matter.)
But I gotta test this out on the weekend regardless of what it is!!!

5ive

Smash Champion
None of Pika's aerials auto cancel.

They can, have no lag, if you do the attack right as your jump.

K 2

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to start a flame war.

This is what I think you guys are talking about:

Doing fair right before you land will cancel the usual (but small) landing lag while producing sparks.

The fair performed ^^^ will autocancel, whereas a usual FF fair will not autocancel.

My definition of autocancel: An aerial that has extremely little or no landing lag at all, regardless of when it is initiated. Doing an aerial as soon as you jump is NOT autocancelling.

I'm confused...?

Zylar

Smash Ace
Silverspark, you never cease to amaze me at your ability to find (either by personal discovery or not) tricks that pika can do. It's insane dude. You've got 62 right now, sixty freakin two tricks.
Even if almost all of them are super situational, it's insane that there are this many tricks moves pika can learn. (LOL, used to only havin four moves- Thunder-Thunderbolt-Strength-Surf)
I can only imagine what the future holds.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
thanks a lot ^_^ it means a whole lot to me :)

I found out a few more about 30 minutes ago, but I'll add those in, tomorrow (im a bit tired)

I can't wait until we reach 100 :) I'd really like to just have a "Find Pika tricks day" where I'd just assign everyone a move(s) and tell them to experiment with them on different stages to find new tricks.

lain

Smash Master
This thread screams "scrub" for some reason.

Maybe because most of these AT's are stupid, and aren't actually AT's.

Pikachu doesn't need more AT's. ****, all he really needs is QAC.

Watch Anther and don't read this bull****. Word of advice.

:colorful:

Zylar

Smash Ace
These aren't AT's (Expect for Thunair and QAC) as stated towards the very beginning of the thread.
The purpose isn't to find ATs or name them.
These are pika tricks.
The purpse is to find these pika tricks.

Correct me if I'm wrong silverspark

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
I have a comment about #50 in the list (recovering with aerials) I read the thread on that, and it seems like the most important trait of the aerial you want to use is its speed. momentum-changing aerials like dair won't work the same way when you're knocked upward, so it would be better to use a faster aerial like bair or nair. When recovering from the side of the stage, fair has a larger startup lag than uair and nair, so those should be used instead. You could also use bair if you're pretty far above the stage.

btw, this is a rly interesting thread, good job on finding so many things that I would've never discovered on my own :D

Zylar

Smash Ace
I survived up to 180% against a newb Metaknight at smashvill using only fair.

I used fair for both horizontal and vertical knockback attacks. It would probably be better doing something faster for verticle, but I only just started using this. I'll get used to it.
Stupid dsmash and dtilts sent me low, but aerial and QA saved the day.
I only died when I accidentally used a dair when sent vertically. The dude didn't know who, why, what , when or how. It was mindgamez lol. When I respawned he got all jumpy.

Oh yeah, and I won. :)

5ive

Smash Champion
I think I found something worth mentioning (Credit Please)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYdJXeytVo&feature=related
Please look at 1:07.
Instead of grabbing the edge, Wolf cancels the edge and ends up standing there.

I found a way to consistantly do this with Pikachu.
Go on FD (only stage I tested this on), and wall jump. The wall jump should lead you right beside the edge. Before you end up grabbing the edge, you should end up standing near the edge. From here you can do any attack.

Make sure to QA as close to the edge as possible.

Also, if you check the video at 2:04,
Pikachu can do that too.
If you do the same thing as above, you will sometimes end up doing this (Needs more testing) This can be used to edgeguard or edge hop, or even for flashyness.

Right now, I do not know how to consistently do it, but I think this can make Pika look even flashier.

If someone could try this and help us distinguish to properly do both forms of ledge scarring, please post.

Khanxay

Smash Cadet
Keep adding tricks and there'll be one for every situation! GJ.

Flash is a catchy name. Soon we'll start getting complaints of "Those Pikachu won't stop flashing me!"

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
for bouncing thunder, you can do it with stagebuilder springs. I haven't tried it with the items though

aJerk

Smash Rookie
what an amazingly useful and inspiring thread.
cheers, dude, keep up the good work..

/me runs to use pikatactics on unsuspecting friends.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
what he showed is what makes a thunair happen. something weird about the tip of the bolt allows multiple hits. the main body of the bolt hits once and never hits again. the tip refreshes and allows multiple hits. if done right, they can get to the tip through your poof of thunder via invincibility frames, and it sucks them in and allows the nair lol. ive known about this forever but could never find out why. perhaps i should bump my thunair thread.

Zylar

Smash Ace
I love the new "table of contents" and the new moves, especially Aftershock.

@stealth raptor : Thunder has an knockback in an 180 degree raduis, meaning they'l get sent away from pikachu within that radius (Not really perfectly 180, but bear with me.) The tip of the thunder once it causes an explosion, apparently it doesn't matter whether pika or platform, will knockback the opponent towards pikachu from an 180 degree.

< ^^^ >
__ \|/ ___
___ . ____ The dot is the tip of the thunder. The arrows show the path the oppenent will go.
/^|^|^\

So the thunder throws the opponent straight up into the remaining verticle colum of thunder.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
normally when a hitbox hits it cant hit again. same with thunder. ive seen and had thunder hit me striaght up through the bolt and it never hits againn. i think the tip refreshes its hitbox and allows it to hit again, indluding the main bolt (which muhznits vid showed)

Top Bottom