• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

118 Pikachu Tricks (Added Skullbash Edgeguarding)

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
could you explain Aftershock a bit more? is it where your opponent gets hit by the thunder explosion and then getting hit again by the lightning?

nice reverse thunder btw :]
That's the thing about it. I can't quite explain it. The most I can say is that the explosion thunder makes when hitting the ground instead of Pikachu still has some knockback to it which seems to be similar to a regular thunderbolt. Because of the extended radius of the explosion, however, it was able to get a better angle to knock pit into the thunderbolts. It may have been bad DI on Pit's part, or a stroke of luck on mine.

Hell, the entire attack was a stroke of luck. I never intentionally wavebounce my thunders. D:

Oh, and for the bouncing Thunder trick, yes, it does work on the spring item, Sonic's trampoline, and pretty much anything you can vertically bounce off.

lain

Smash Master
This is still the most ******** thing ever. Why call it thunder gaurd? DOUBLE THUNDER? TRIPLE THUNDER?! are you ****ing kidding me? You guy sure have balls to call doing certain moves in succession different names.

This **** it helpful and all, but god **** are you idiots for certain parts of it.

Zylar

Smash Ace
So you dislike those three names... Besides they are more like adjectives.

Double thunder - Thunder twice.
Thunder guarding - Edgeguard with thunder.
*shrug* Whatever. :ohwell:

Anyways lain, why so serious? (No pun intended) They are just names used in this thread. It's not like they're universal, or trying to be. (Except for Quack/QAC which is already universal.)

@silver : Hey, Stealth showed the pika clan a vid of this pika mainer using pika's jab to edgeguard. Maybe you could list it as an edgeguarding option. He also did an wall jab lock or jab wall lock, whatever.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
*facepalm if you couldnt already tell it was a big joke. he was doing them to cpus. wont work vs humans.
It's still somewhat worthy of exploration. AAA has a distorted hitbox, you see. It may not look like it, but it has just SLIGHTLY more range than F-Tilt while keeping Pika's body hitbox a short distance away. Don't believe me? Set your C-Stick to "Tilts", go onto wi-fi, fool around with the sandbag until you can land "grazing hits" (no damage or flinching) constantly with AAA or F-Tilt. I must say, I expelled stone building materials from my posterior when I first saw this.

With the right spacing, (along with pulling it out of nowhere on bad recoveries) it actually can be used as an edgeguard... sorta.

Also, I'd like to point out that the explosion thunder makes when it hits a platform can hit slightly below said platform, unlike when it just crashes into Pikachu. It's the basis for Aftershock and potentially an important thing to keep in mind when using thunder.... because that explosion can be reflected.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
it works, the problem is any char that can sweetspot with their recveries will never be affected with it. even those who dont, like sonic and wario, can attack through it.

5ive

Smash Champion
Guys,
I think I may have a new discovery.

Please watch this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyzRIRTHYk
At 0:21, you see Falco Doing a Reverse Pivot Boost Chain Grab.

Pikachu may be able to do this on fastfallers and heavies.

To perform this, you:
1. Grab, FThrow
2. Run
3. Press Z and A at the same time while doing the pivot grab motion

Needs testing.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
lol tested this a long time ago. you can do it with dthrow IF they dont rapidly tap jump. ive gotten this off at a bunch of tourneys. the fthrow sends the too far to reverse.

5ive

Smash Champion
Are you doing it properly?
It works for me, but haven't gotten human testing on it yet.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Hmmm pika pros!

I'm messing with pika lately get get my melee pika skill back
I wasn't uber then so I hope to get better but...
If yall do find something from this mind puttin up some vid when yall can?
Cause I wanna study it lol...

M15t3R E

Smash Master
ROFL @ #73 on the list!
Did you learn that one from Vv's "combo vid"?

Seriously, that will never work on any decent player, even if they use a character with a horrible recovery.
Please take that trick off the list.

K 2

Smash Lord
ROFL @ #73 on the list!

Seriously, that will never work on any decent player, even if they use a character with a horrible recovery.
Lol...but its so funny...edgeguarding your opponent by holding down A...

Just curious, does jab outprioritize fox/falco's side b? I know falco's phantasm is famous for its sucky priority and pika's jab has decent priority so...

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Random Question but is pikachus meta game advanceing still?

Just wondering i dont really care for any perticular reason.

But on a real note I officaily accept pikachu as my main...

-!ron-

K 2

Smash Lord
Well, since a new AT's are being discovered almost daily, I would say pika's metagame is advancing.

Yay! Welcome to the clan of pika mains. (We are allowed to main more than one character, right?)

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
There's an easier way to Crawl Dash now. (Trick #38)

1. Hold the Attack button. (It's easier if you set it as one of your shield buttons)
2. Use the Control stick to walk, not dash.
3. Tap the C-Stick downward to execute a quick duck.
4. ???
5. Laugh at Falco.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
ROFL @ #73 on the list!

Noooo, seriously it can work. It has pretty good priority and if theyre stuck on the edge they get locked in for awhile. Though of course its situational and you wont get a gimp out of it.

By the way, what do people know about tailspiking?

Tagxy

Smash Lord
well, im sure the pika melee players remember this infamous move. It was a semi-spike but still awesome. I was playing Fino's olimar the other day, and jumped out to edgeguard him and hit him with a tail spike. It knocked him back out fairly far and down a bit with the tip of the uairm causing him to be gimped. Well, he was at about 75%, but it felt good.

I know I've heard rumor of the tailspike sometimes working when brawl first came out, and generally at higher percents. It would be interesting to know if/how it works, what parts of the tail, and at what percents. Again, assuming this wasnt a fluke or glitch. Im gonna start practicing with it a bit more soon.

5ive

Smash Champion
Oh up air.
I thought you were talking about dtilt.
We already know about that, but it's not very useful because of the knockback.

Top Bottom