• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

118 Pikachu Tricks (Added Skullbash Edgeguarding)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Yay! I just learned how to ice skate about a week ago! Now my pika can do it too!

We should go ice-skating one day....

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, still a fledgeling smashboards'er

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I want to add one... for the 100..... It's a *General AT* but not really popular yet and doesn't have its own post:

Tired of fighting Diddy's and ROB's and Zamus's while their junk is on the ground???

1 & 2) I give you.... the item up-smash, and itemthrow cancel:

Simple enough, just do a dash-canceled up-smash while dash-picking the item. It'll hit a Zamus/rob/ and especially diddy kong attempting to dash-grab the item. Just an situational option that'll result in them taking an up-smash in the face.
aerials can also be buffered while keeping items by using certain aerials similar to how my bro Toon Link buffers aerials without throwing bombs. I think pika's u-air may be one, dunno yet. it'll be great against diddys if we can u-air>f-air without throwing banana. Can't get to wii right now... some1 test it and update the tricks thread with pika specific details. I'll test if some1 else doesn't do it before i come back. Trick 2 for the item-throw cancel of this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUGQMD1F1pE

3) once an item is held, one can Dash-cancel throw instead of roll throwing. Needa figure how much distance pika goes first. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si5wKRR-5_c

STill haven't confirmed all the benifits for pika yet... but there... that's 3... XD

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, Still a fledgeling smashboards'er.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
If you add those "tricks," then you should change the name to "Tricks" instead of Pikachu Tricks. Because I believe there are some "tricks" listed that can apply to all characters, not just Pikachu...

Unless you want to take away those universal tricks...

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
I know that, so it basically isnt exactly 90 "pikachu" only tricks. I thought we were aiming for pikachu only tricks, not universal ones as well.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Well... we can look at it as 90 + tricks THAT pikachu can do. Also we can be specific on how pikachu can take advantage of those tricks (i.e. glide tossing for pika is somewhat different than from Diddy's and squirtle's, and a pika main should know the difference). We can detail how the general tricks benefit pikachu.

Hope this clarifies things.

Sincerely,

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Universal trick--

Reverse Jump Canceled Upsmash

Run, Pivot, Jump Cancel Upsmash.

It's good if you see your opponent try to roll behind you as your dashing at them.

Hope people know what I'm talking about, and didn't see it in the OP so.... there you go

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
Well... we can look at it as 90 + tricks THAT pikachu can do. Also we can be specific on how pikachu can take advantage of those tricks (i.e. glide tossing for pika is somewhat different than from Diddy's and squirtle's, and a pika main should know the difference). We can detail how the general tricks benefit pikachu.

Hope this clarifies things.

Sincerely,
bold: that's the red part in the first paragraph of my post :]
underlined: well, under most of the tricks I have uses for them. You're all welcome to come up with other uses for old and new tricks.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Edit: Didn't read this page before posting >_<. Someone got mah reverse Usmash :(

But anyone mention Jump-Cancel Tossing?

Really should be self-explanatory...

Oh, and a Thunder->Footstool->Edgeguard instead of Thunder->Nair. Had that one happen in a wifi match a couple days ago. Weird stuff.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
Here's another universal trick, mostly used against marth and other characters that rely on spacing, the shield cancelled running grab. Gonzo has a thread on this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215653&page=4

To do it, while dashing, shield and immediately press A. You should see your shield flash and then you go into a running grab animation. It's basically shield grabbing using a running grab instead of a standing grab, which gives you extra range where normally your standing grab might not reach.

5ive

Smash Champion
Found something new ^_^.

So basically, you crawl and continue to crawl backwards into the edge (you shouldn't fall off). You then proceed to thunder while crawling into the edge. This makes you fall off while thundering, but the cool part is that the thunder doesn't seem to hit Pikachu, but yet manages to stall in the air.

Names are open for discussion.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Can somebody who has the debug code please test something.

I was messing around and my brother told me that for quicker landing i should try to QA to fair, instead of using the dair and making the shockwave, so no jump included. It seemed like i could shield a little before, but i may just be imagining it. Can somebody PLEASE test it and see if there is a frame difference.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Actually it wouldnt matter. If you land with QA into the ground the lag is 15 frames. If you jump then land its 24 frames. But if you were jumping in the first place there was probably a reason for it. And if you had no reason to jump the lag will be just as long whether you fair or not. QA and its low lag landing is just amazing on its own, which is why I use it so much even without the canceling :p. It was a good idea though.

Edit: Ok i actually tested this too. I forgot i'd tried this before. Fair doesnt start up quick enough for the landing lag to occur. Same is true for air dodge which might have worked if the airdodge had time to come out.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
wooow, my thread's still alive! I'm so proud... (sniffle)

anyway, I think we have 100+ tricks, now. I won't be playing brawl for awhile (school), so I can't come up with any new tricks. Even so, I'm relying on you guys to supply me with more new tricks for Pikachu! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread, by the way ^_^

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Static Shock and Ball Lightning the same thing?
Yes.

wooow, my thread's still alive! I'm so proud... (sniffle)

anyway, I think we have 100+ tricks, now. I won't be playing brawl for awhile (school), so I can't come up with any new tricks. Even so, I'm relying on you guys to supply me with more new tricks for Pikachu! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread, by the way ^_^
Half of those new ones I don't even remember saying. Hell, I don't even know how to play any of the swordsmen. (except Ganondorf, but he's more of a Warlock.)

Roller

Smash Legend
So. Idk if this has been mentioned. (sorry if it has.) Or whether it works on humans or what (though I think it does..).
So. Ya. I was messing around today vs a computer practicing buffer grabbing. And at one point I toadstool hopped and immediately Naired and it looked like when it was timed right there was no way for them to get out of the Nair. I tried it a few more times. (all only on computers) and as long as you time it right it seems to work.
I'm not sure how practical it is. But ya. There ya go.

So ya. It's Toadstool -> Nair

EDIT: Oh ya. they have to be airborn. Not on land.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It's a strange timing. You have to start the throw before you land, but not too early or not too late. I did it by accident the first time in friendlies at a tournament and was like Wut.

Top Bottom