• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

118 Pikachu Tricks (Added Skullbash Edgeguarding)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Oh... triangle'ling with QaC. Most pikachu's do this already (anther/raptor/esam/mr.E) in their sleep; its not a tech but still and application of QaC that hasn't been posted much (just adding more to the list for 100 techs).

You Quick attack forwards then QaC diagonal downwards in any directions (mostly back to original position). Or you can jump QA foward then QaC diagonally downwards in either direction (going back to original position makes a triangle). When doing the triangle, it hits opponents twice, and with good spacing, it has decent priority. Can be used offensively with stationary QaC every now and then for mindgames. <<<< quickest way to make the opponent go crazy :)

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, still a fledgeling smashboards'er

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Oh... triangle'ling with QaC. Most pikachu's do this already (anther/raptor/esam/mr.E) in their sleep; its not a tech but still and application of QaC that hasn't been posted much (just adding more to the list for 100 techs).

You Quick attack forwards then QaC diagonal downwards in any directions (mostly back to original position). Or you can jump QA foward then QaC diagonally downwards in either direction (going back to original position makes a triangle). When doing the triangle, it hits opponents twice, and with good spacing, it has decent priority. Can be used offensively with stationary QaC every now and then for mindgames. <<<< quickest way to make the opponent go crazy :)

Sincerely,
Triangle'ing is TOO MUCH FUN!
I encourage all Pikachus to know how to go crazy with QAC, because not only is it flashy but some characters can't respond to it well and many players are inexperienced in fighting against rapid QAC movements from a Pikachu.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
hey ss man about number 63 the going under stages you can do the hyrule jump as pikachu too its pretty awesome(only need a qac once, which i dont consider touching the ground)

i cant remember if you had a video for it but i made one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ayTCbx88o

btw nice list man you'll make 100 by summer :p

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Well the lightening rod that goes through the stage does damage. And unless the cloud does anything different, I think it has the same effect as the lightning rod (both cloud lightning are 1 hitbox). There was one thing that happened back in melee that I just remembered that I didn't confirm yet in brawl. I tested it on hyrule and big blue back in melee but if you initiate thunder while far below a platform and the opponent is standing on the platform with the cloud directly on/above him, they will get hit like 5 times with massive damage. I think it may be the tip refreshing-thing back in melee but i wonder if it could be done in brawl.

Scenario example: you have a 1 stock advantage with really high damage % and opponent is low in damage %. You bait him or for some reason are off the stage and the opponent is trying to edgeguard you. If they stand on a platform like the ones on BF, if you could do a suicidal thunder > dealing massive damage (40-60%) you would have an advantage on next stock.

That's what I did sometimes in melee. I can't really get a hold of Brawl right now, could anyone try to check if this works? I have a feeling that it doesn't anymore since thunder passes through a lot more than it did in melee, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

PS. In regards to the name of the passing-through-platform thunder, the Link's have phantom boomerang that passes through stage; maybe we should call this "phantom" thunder.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
I think phantom thunder is there because of subspace emissary, so it's probably not related to the cloud's dmg. I've never seen the top tip of thunder hit more than once in brawl, but I'll check soon

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
Ok, it looks like the black part of the cloud does no damage and the spark in the middle of the cloud doesn't increase the horizontal range of thunder.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I managed to pull off the Silent Skull Bash in a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz4bupy4zWg

Sonic did NOT expect me to hit the spring. :D

I'd also like to point out a very situational trick: Perhaps more situational than the Pictochat thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6hkFibSlzU

On Frigate Orpheon (Yes, I know, not neutral, whatever.) this can potentially give Pikachu a nice bit of stage domination if we can get positions judged right. I mean, FORCING people into your thunder? That's gotta be worth something.

3rd: (I'm going to keep editing my post and adding numbers if necessary) A use for that "Spark" trick is to get used to the range of Pikachu's moves. If you space yourself well enough, you can find out that Up-Tilt has more range than D-Smash and F-Tilt has less range than Jab.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Haha, that Frigate thing was pretty cool.

I doubt it'll stop me from CPing Frigate against Pika, but yeah, it was pretty cool :laugh:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
This was a great idea to get people devolving pikachu game.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Even though Silent Skull Bash is useless, I thought I'd share that sometimes it's completely silent. As in, no sound whatsoever, not even the "Piiiii~"

I was messing around on FD in Training Mode, and sometimes when I ran off the ledge, then quickly did a jump > reverse SB, Pika would Skull Bash with no sound at all. Only the "KA!" at the end made any noise.

If only we could get silent thunders.... THAT would be hot.

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
Yeah I don't think that Silent Skull Bash is a "trick" seeing as it comes randomly. You can't really pull it off. But the Frigate Orpheon thing... that should be a new trick. What would you call it?

Hmmm...

Orpheon Thunder Flip?
Frigate Thundering?
Black Hole? (kinda sucks them in)

Also, I saw in the video, (this might be used as a different trick) that when Frigate Orpheon is flipping, if you thunder, you don't get flipped WITH the stage.

Name? Stationary Thunder.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
Even though Silent Skull Bash is useless, I thought I'd share that sometimes it's completely silent. As in, no sound whatsoever, not even the "Piiiii~"

I was messing around on FD in Training Mode, and sometimes when I ran off the ledge, then quickly did a jump > reverse SB, Pika would Skull Bash with no sound at all. Only the "KA!" at the end made any noise.

If only we could get silent thunders.... THAT would be hot.
I just did the really silent skull bash XD

hold on hold on... I'll keep trying it.

Edit: you can do a Double Circle Jolt on FD if you stand in between those two arrows and spam jolt

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
I just did a D-air on a platform at Battlefield that hit the platform, but the funny thing was that I was actually able to jump out of it quickly. So there was hardly any lag from that D-air compared to the normal lag. I'll look into that, later.

By the way, we have 89 tricks. GG guys :)

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
I just did a D-air on a platform at Battlefield that hit the ground, but I was actually able to jump out of it quickly. I'll look into that, later.

By the way, we have 89 tricks. GG guys :)
Find out how you did that quick. It could be extremely useful if it isnt limited to only platforms.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Just speculating on what it could of been.
You did a dair toward the edge of the platform, it hit the platform but slid towards its edge, and then jumped.

That is, if you actually did any of that.

Oh and edit:

:laugh::bee::)SILVER SPARK OUGHT TO BE A FREAKIN VIDEOGAME BETA TESTER!!! :):bee::laugh:

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
well, im not allowed to use my wii on some school days

OH THAT REMINDS ME

I did a QA to immediate walking, today, and was able to pull it off consistently

I was facing the ledge while on the stage, then did a QA aimed diagonally downward that ended near the edge. As soon as that QA ended I walked the opposite direction. I'll also look into that a bit more, later :)

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
You did a dair toward the edge of the platform, it hit the platform but slid towards its edge, and then jumped.

Actually,

My d-air landed in the middle of the platform. :)

and it was the upper-most platform on battlefield

oops, double post >.< sorry

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
So the thing's called Black Hole Thunder, eh? I think "Dimension Thunder" sounds a bit more GAR, but whatevs.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman

Oh and edit:

:laugh::bee::)SILVER SPARK OUGHT TO BE A FREAKIN VIDEOGAME BETA TESTER!!! :):bee::laugh:
Wouldn't it be amazing if we could string quick SH d-airs that will hit the ground?

So the thing's called Black Hole Thunder, eh? I think "Dimension Thunder" sounds a bit more GAR, but whatevs.
I don't really mind what the names are. We can go with Dimension Thunder :)

rc-80

Smash Rookie
I have a pikachu trick... its simply just d-tilting opponent and chances are theyll trip and then you grab them.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Yes. But you can only put in 3 or 4 since your opponent moves a farther distance that the jab and comes out slower than the jab also.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
A few new tricks.
---
On Icy or slippery Areas (Pokemon Stadium 2 (Ice), Summit):

Charge an F-Smash. Take a bit of time to slide, then release it. This can also be done with Up-Smash by charging it during a dash, and D-Smash by stutter stepping it.

Pikachu's D-Tilt, F-Tilt, and Skull Bash (if you start charging on the ground) will instantly stop Pikachu's momentum when he's sliding.

Call this one figure skating because that's essentially what Pikachu's doing when he stutter steps a D-Smash.

---
Item usage

Through Timers, either Pikascarring becomes a HELL of a lot easier, or Pikachu can get an easy KO.
•Whenever the timer slows an opponent, F-Smash. Repeatedly. The lightning delays their ability to escape. Even with good DI, you should be able to land at least 2 F-Smashes in a row them. If you're good, (or they suck) you can land 5 or more.
•If the timer slows down Pikachu, get to an edge. You can press the control stick away to drop away, then press the control stick back to the ledge to grab it instantly. Alternately however, you can quick attack towards the stage and you'll do a Pikascar. It's kind of useless however, since you're slowed down and such...

Hotheads are best powered up by throwing them upwards into Thunder, then F-Smashing them as they hit the ground.

Uniras can cause a LOT of pain to others when D-Smashed. The multiple hits often keep the Unira sucked in with your opponent and make it expose and retract its spikes repeatedly, doing 10 damage each time.

Poison Mushrooms hinder the range and power every attack you have but Quick Attack and Skull Bash. Use those wisely, in other words, escaping. Tiny QAC looks sexy any ways. Dont forget about crawling! It remains the same speed as before you shrank with HALF the size. You can completely crawl under Falco's Lasers now!

Super Mushrooms are a bit more... "instinctive" to use. You have giant Thundershocks, a HUGE-RANGE F-Smash, and a SUPER LIGHTNING **** SPIN. Abuse them. Massively. Just remember that QAC doesn't make as much of an impact as it does usually and you're now a huge yellow target.

Warp Stars: Fun to mess with when you get the aim right. When the explosion occurs, you're free to do any aerial or special. At low percents, I like to follow the opponent's trajectory with a Dair. If you're feeling fancy, however, you may try a QAC->Thunder.

Green Shells: Instinct says to pick them up and throw them. I say to do a moving short hop over one while doing thunder. With the right timing, one bolt will come, Pikachu will bounce on the shell, then be able to do a second Thunder shortly after. It's like an Electric Fence.

Gooey Bombs: Pick it up and use quick attack cancel to get to your opponent. That's the beauty of the Gooey Bomb-ANY physical contact would get it stuck to the other. Same principle with Snake's C4. So a simple QAC through them would get the bomb stuck to them while getting you out of immediate attack range. If there's no one around to stick the bomb to, throw it elsewhere. The Gooey Bomb never first sticks to the one that picked it up.

Top Bottom