• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/24/2007 - GIGABITS (Orlando, FL) - SSBM Tournament - Farewell to Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I didn't know that this Gigs was going to be so big! I figured it would be smaller because of the holidays. I was at a concert though.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
your more like lvl 2.
dude, we dont need another hbox style user here....1 hbox is enough.
grow some balls, stop riding the box's c0ck, and make a name for yourself.
it's annoying.

with every hbox useless post, I now have to see another useless post to follow it...
SB, needs to make a section for just useless post.

btw..
HBOX= good kid with nice intentions, annoying *** jiggly tho. We must play for 3 hours @ Inet, because I need to know how to play against annoying/campy style.
I.E = Ted Boosley/Dark Sonic/HBOX
Wait a minute, I'm campy?

I could've sworn I was one of the most aggressive Marths there. I only started camping later in our matches because I was trying to figure out how to deal with Captain Falcon's dash dancing so that I don't get faked out so easily. Most people like playing me because I rarely force my opponent to approach (except on Corneria, lol.)

BTW, don't compare me to Ted Boosley, because our styles are totally different.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Wait a minute, I'm campy?

I could've sworn I was one of the most aggressive Marths there. I only started camping later in our matches because I was trying to figure out how to deal with Captain Falcon's dash dancing so that I don't get faked out so easily. Most people like playing me because I rarely force my opponent to approach (except on Corneria, lol.)

BTW, don't compare me to Ted Boosley, because our styles are totally different.
dude, you and ted boosley are one, you both chill at the edge and grab,
except....
Dark Sonic = grab, back throw, wavedash back to fall of stage, fair, upb.
Ted = grab, back throw, downtilt.
good strategies for kills, and in this game, you gotta do what you gotta do to win, lol, I call it out in my head before it happens, and since im aggressive as ****, i always get the gimp.
i will admit, you are more aggressive, but still retain that campyness. Go to Inet, i wanna play you for 3 hours as well.

note: 3 hours is the theme here.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
dude, you and ted boosley are one, you both chill at the edge and grab,
except....
Dark Sonic = grab, back throw, wavedash back to fall of stage, fair, upb.
Ted = grab, back throw, downtilt.
good strategies for kills, and in this game, you gotta do what you gotta do to win, lol, I call it out in my head before it happens, and since im aggressive as ****, i always get the gimp.
i will admit, you are more aggressive, but still retain that campyness. Go to Inet, i wanna play you for 3 hours as well.

note: 3 hours is the theme here.
Sorry, I'm not going to Inet. My parents are kinda looking down on the idea of 3 tournies in one month.

I only chill at the edge because you made me afraid of the stage. Lol. I guess I might just be campy vs. Captain Falcon. I kinda do that against spacies too, but not as much because I'm more comfortable fighting them. If I end up fighting a Shiek or Falco or something, I'm usually in their face the whole time, because if I'm not they'll just pull out their pressure game, which I know I really have trouble with dealing with (especially lasers. I actually started practicing powershielding because I don't know what else to do).

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
Sorry, I'm not going to Inet. My parents are kinda looking down on the idea of 3 tournies in one month.

I only chill at the edge because you made me afraid of the stage. Lol. I guess I might just be campy vs. Captain Falcon. I kinda do that against spacies too, but not as much because I'm more comfortable fighting them. If I end up fighting a Shiek or Falco or something, I'm usually in their face the whole time, because if I'm not they'll just pull out their pressure game, which I know I really have trouble with dealing with (especially lasers. I actually started practicing powershielding because I don't know what else to do).
lets get friendlies at Inet and let me spam f smash on you again

freshman

Smash Cadet
Xyz im ready to play you for as long as you want :)

thanks for the nice post

and for the rest of you.....

CaptainCrunch is my twin brother

We were just born from different mothers

^Kram

Smash Rookie
Brian(urkel)-Im sorry for gettin so pissed but gettin 2-0d by someone who had come there for the first time and almost gettin knocked out of the tourney for it really really made me angry. You technically should have gotten out of pools instead of me but i just couldnt have that
Overall it was a good tourney for me, but some things did go down that caused me to lose the little respect that I had for some people.

While watching a few matches in Pool #3 I overheard Hiroshi talking to Zoro about their points and how if needed he would give Zoro a win so he could advance from pools. It turns out that Hiroshi did as he said he would and gave Zoro not one but two wins. This gave me no chance of getting out of pools. Now all that's needed is for me to beat Urkel one time, and Zoro would have a clear path into brackets. As you may have guessed, I had no intention of letting these gentlemen cheat so easily... so I played Bowser in my matches against Urkel and he 2-0'd me.

This resulted in Zoro and Urkel being tied for points at 6 each. Because of the fact that Urkel had already 2-0'd Zoro, he should be the one to progress into the brackets. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

Hiroshi first starts off trying to bend the rules by immediately saying that now Urkel and Zoro have to match since they are tied for points. I quickly correct him and he looks at me like I am a complete fool, so I call over some other smashers and they also back me up. They all tell Hiroshi that Urkel advances because of the fact that he already 2-0'd Zoro in his matches, therefore they do not have to play each other for a tie break. Hiroshi then claims to agree with us and we all walk away.

Later, I come to find out that Hiroshi and Zoro tell Urkel that they must match to see who goes into brackets. And being that this is Urkel's first tourney he is easily convinced and goes along with it.

Push comes to shove Zoro ends up in brackets, and Urkel goes home.

The above quote from Zoro helps to prove the validity of the story.

And here I thought Wato had more class then that. I guess I thought wrong.

Kram

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's pretty lame of hiroshi and co. IMO, it's one thing to give wins (which is kinda butt), but to also make them play a match when it's supposed to go by who won between them before is just going too far!!!

Then again I realized Kram threw matches as well, so I guess either way it was you guys going back and forth trying to screw each other...

:colorful:

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
what if it's 1:1?
THEN they play a match to decide who gets in. This happened in one of my pool matches at MLG. if its tied 1-1 then a final match is played to decide who gets in

In other words that was a pretty shady move.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes IF it's 1-1 then you play a tie breaker match (and that only happens if they only do 2 randoms in pools), but it wasn't 1-1...it was 2-0 in Urkel's favor, so Urkel should have gotten the higher seed as a result!!!

Shadowex3

Smash Apprentice
THEN they play a match to decide who gets in. This happened in one of my pool matches at MLG. if its tied 1-1 then a final match is played to decide who gets in

In other words that was a pretty shady move.
Do you really expect any better from hiroshi? Consider who we're talking about i'd say it's par for the course....

and he called ME a dumb****.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Overall it was a good tourney for me, but some things did go down that caused me to lose the little respect that I had for some people.

While watching a few matches in Pool #3 I overheard Hiroshi talking to Zoro about their points and how if needed he would give Zoro a win so he could advance from pools. It turns out that Hiroshi did as he said he would and gave Zoro not one but two wins. This gave me no chance of getting out of pools. Now all that's needed is for me to beat Urkel one time, and Zoro would have a clear path into brackets. As you may have guessed, I had no intention of letting these gentlemen cheat so easily... so I played Bowser in my matches against Urkel and he 2-0'd me.

This resulted in Zoro and Urkel being tied for points at 6 each. Because of the fact that Urkel had already 2-0'd Zoro, he should be the one to progress into the brackets. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

Hiroshi first starts off trying to bend the rules by immediately saying that now Urkel and Zoro have to match since they are tied for points. I quickly correct him and he looks at me like I am a complete fool, so I call over some other smashers and they also back me up. They all tell Hiroshi that Urkel advances because of the fact that he already 2-0'd Zoro in his matches, therefore they do not have to play each other for a tie break. Hiroshi then claims to agree with us and we all walk away.

Later, I come to find out that Hiroshi and Zoro tell Urkel that they must match to see who goes into brackets. And being that this is Urkel's first tourney he is easily convinced and goes along with it.

Push comes to shove Zoro ends up in brackets, and Urkel goes home.

The above quote from Zoro helps to prove the validity of the story.

And here I thought Wato had more class then that. I guess I thought wrong.

Kram
i didnt agree with what you said. i STRONGLY DISAGREE AND CANT BELEIEVE THAT WHOEVER WON ERALIER WOULD GET OUT. i wasnt trying to bend the rules, cuz i still truly believe, that that is bull****. who cares who won earlier, its based soley on a points system, so if they both have 6 points someone needs that seventh post. and when i made them play the 2/3 tie breaker game, IT WAS BCUZ MWARHEAD SAID THEY NEEDED TO PLAY FOR A TIEBREAKER!!!!!. if he said that whoever beat whoever earlier was to advance, then obviously i cant go against him. but i truly disagree with that ******** rule of who beat who earlier and cant possibly see how that is acceptable. i've never heard of that and thats why i looked at you like that. i guess its completey ok, that speedn forfeits to his borther every single time they have to go in tourny just to make sure that he gets his high placing. no one ever says anything about that. if i felt like playing some weird characters and not playing at my peak performance, then so be it. i can lose to whoever i want to lose to. im just speedn losing to shiz, to make sure he gets his spot.

oh, and if you only had a bit of respect for me, then i guess i really didnt lose much. i was wondering why you completey blew your game with urkel. heh, i guess we're one in the same.

That's pretty lame of hiroshi and co. IMO, it's one thing to give wins (which is kinda butt), but to also make them play a match when it's supposed to go by who won between them before is just going too far!!!

Then again I realized Kram threw matches as well, so I guess either way it was you guys going back and forth trying to screw each other...

like i said, i made them play that much because 1) I COMPLETEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOING BY WHO WON BEFORE AND HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT AND IT IS RIDICULUS. IT IS A POINT SYSTEM, BOTTON LINE. SO IF THEY BOTH HAVE 6 POINTS, SOMEONE NEEDS THE 7TH POINT. AND 2) BECAUSE THE HOST SAID THEY HAD TO PLAY A 2/3 TO DETERMINE WHO GOT IN. . if the host agreed with the rulings, then i would have had to agree as well, but he didnt, so i went with what he said, which was to make them do a 2/3 set to determine the winner.

like i said, im just speedn giving shiz yet another win. and kram, dont talk to me.

peace

-hiroshi

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
If the host said that then I understand, but everywhere else that does pools goes by set wins, then win to lose ratio, then if a tie it goes by who own the set between them!!!

Oh and I don't see how who beat who earlier is a ******** rule considering if they are tied, next you would logically make them play to decide who should go on but oh wait...they already did and *insert name* won the set so that's why they shouldn't have to play again!!!

But anyways as you said Mwarhead said they should play a 2/3 so what the tourney host says goes!!!

Zoro

Smash Champion
Thats fine i already admitted how i shouldnt have gotten out
Im not tryin to hide that ****

yes it was shady and i apologize
I felt extremely frustrated with what had gone down in pool 3 a first timer had actually 2-0d me in tournament match honestly I didnt care about getting out i just wanted to beat urkel and when i was told i couldnt i was even more frustrated.

Sorry if some people have lost respect for me I already apologized

i do feel bad about urkel
It was a stupid decision.
Actually I didnt think about what i was doing till i already did it

Again sorry fellow smashers it was horrible of me
hiroshi doesnt deserve any blame cuz he didnt do anything he thought was wrong
He didnt ask mwh I did he just came to back me up.

If anything I dont have any class

h1roshi

Smash Hero
whats IGt then?
PS; i remember 3stocking you back last time we played hehe
inet gamerz tournement.

i do too. it was kinda cute. i hope it brought your self esteem up. i remember beating people like my crewmates vericz and uuaa. doesnt make me better than them, and that doesnt stop me from sucking. you'll always suck in my eyes no matter what. anyways, come to my tourney...peace

-hiroshi

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
true, hiroshi is still hiroshi
i refuse to drive to kissimme due to its curse on me and my cars but if i can get a ride ill be good to go

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Hiroshi/Zoro,

Disagreeing with a rule is no justification for breaking it.

The rule is, and has always been, that if two people are tied in points, the person who won the matches between the two gets the higher seeding. No offense to Mwarhead, but he had no clue what he was talking about if he told you otherwise. The other smashers telling you the rules should have been enough. Instead of listening to them, you went to the host asking what he wanted to do, as if there was any question in the first place. The only reason you went was because you were unhappy with what was going to go down if the rules were followed correctly. In Zoro’s quote, he admits that he knows a rule was broken so that he could advance. That alone destroys any and all defense you may conjure up. Using other people breaking rules as a reason for your own is also a failure of logic. If Ken and Mew2King did the same thing, it still would not make it right.

Matches don’t always go the way we like them to. We may get angry, disappointed, or whatever. However, our emotions or feelings have absolutely nothing to do with anything as far as rules go. The tournament rules are what they are, our ideas and concepts of right and wrong and what is bull**** and what is not have no place here. If you have a problem with the rules, speak to FL and discuss with us if we should universally change the way we play. Do not try to change the rules to suit your own needs at the time; it will make you look like a cheater.

Comparing Kram’s actions to your own is also unreasonable. Hiroshi claimed that Kram is just like him. An analogy if you will: A claim similar to saying all gun users are bad. A gun is not bad by itself. How you use it determines its classification. If you shoot an innocent, you used the gun inappropriately. If you used the gun to shoot the one who would have shot the innocent, then you used it correctly. You have the right to play half-***** if you want. However, that is not what is up for argument. You played half ***** with the intention of cheating, to alter the outcome, not because you were lazy. Kram let Urkel win those matches with the intent of bringing the outcome of the pools back to the way it would have normally been, there was no selfish action involved.

The post has nothing to do with Kram himself; only the fact that rules were broken on purpose to make one person get out of pools instead of another who earned his spot, and Kram felt compelled to inform the community.

Hiroshi,

I recommend in the future, that instead of trying to bend and change and manipulate the topic at hand to make yourself look like less of a cheater, you simply man up and admit that what you did was wrong and apologize, like Zoro did. Trying to move the blame and insult to others does not make you look any better. I wouldn’t talk lightly of respect either. Without respect, what do you have?

"You technically should have gotten out of pools instead of me but i just couldnt have that"

-Zoro speaking to Urkel

h1roshi

Smash Hero
well, for future reference i now know the rulings. so that wont be an issue. im not gonna apologize for backing up my friend wholeheartedly though. he's a crewmember. i got his back. if i want to lose to someone in the future. im gonna lose to him. its as simple as that. as for the ruling, i now truly know what they are and that will not be a problem.

to kram: NO I DID NOT KNOW OF YOUR RULING AND JUST PRETEND TO NOT KNOW IT FOR ZORO'S SAKE. I HONESTLY BELIEVED AT THAT POINT IN TIME THAT YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE TIE BREAKER NO MATTER WHAT. MY BELIEF WAS, THAT SINCE IT WAS A POINT SYSTEM, YOU HAVE TO HVE MORE POINTS AND WHO BEAT WHO PRIOR TO THAT DIDNT MATTER. PLEASE, DONT SAY STUFF THAT IS NOT TRUE.. but now i know and it will not be a problem again.

if you have a problem with me not apologizing i'm sorry. if you hate me because of it, then i will just have to take it. i dont hate anybody because of this. not even kram.( im just mad at kram because he said something that wasnt true about me even after i told him it wasnt true. so he completey disregarded my word)

EDIT: if i have to, i will be hated just as much as cash mooney for any of my crew members. i'll back any of them up as much as i have to. this event passed and its over. the rulings wont be a problem again.

peace

-hiroshi

^Kram

Smash Rookie
well, for future reference i now know the rulings. so that wont be an issue. im not gonna apologize for backing up my friend wholeheartedly though. he's a crewmember. i got his back. if i want to lose to someone in the future. im gonna lose to him. its as simple as that. as for the ruling, i now truly know what they are and that will not be a problem.

to kram: NO I DID NOT KNOW OF YOUR RULING AND JUST PRETEND TO NOT KNOW IT FOR ZORO'S SAKE. I HONESTLY BELIEVED AT THAT POINT IN TIME THAT YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE TIE BREAKER NO MATTER WHAT. MY BELIEF WAS, THAT SINCE IT WAS A POINT SYSTEM, YOU HAVE TO HVE MORE POINTS AND WHO BEAT WHO PRIOR TO THAT DIDNT MATTER. PLEASE, DONT SAY STUFF THAT IS NOT TRUE.. but now i know and it will not be a problem again.

peace

-hiroshi
It wasn't just based on what I told you, multiple respected smashers told you the rules to your face! I don't see how you need more clarifying than that... and if you did, why would you ask someone who has never played in a SSBM tournament (mwarhead)?

I think the answer is pretty clear and simple.

Kram

h1roshi

Smash Hero
I think the answer is pretty clear and simple.
Kram
i dont. you think its pretty clear cuz you already have this negative image of me in your head so i can only do wrong in your eyes at this point. at the time i just couldnt believe that was the ruling, it didnt seem fair at all. i truly did not believe it. and here you go STILL implying false stuff in that i knew when i didnt. well, eventually when you cool down about this, hopefully we'll be on speaking terms again. im already pretty cool about. im calm. i also realized its over already and we just cant change the future. all we can do is accept what happened and let it go. i already said not to worry about it in the future....peace

-hiroshi

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
This argument should have been over with Dguy's response...one of the best responses I've ever read...gotta say.

Hiroshi, if you want to lose to your crewmate in pools...you can do that. I mean, I don't really think anybody can blame you for that... It's shady...I won't really condone it, but oh well...I also won't condemn you for it. The Speedn Shizwiz example is not a good one, though, because they have to play in tournament...not in pools. those are different scenarios.

The main thing is disregarding the word of respectable Smashers and asking the host (who really doesn't know Smash tournament rules) anyway. Everybody knows your intentions were to help your crewmate...that's honorable enough...but the way in which you did was not right. Pretty much any tourney runner with little experience will agree to a rule if you ask them the correct way. "this is supposed to be this way, right?" will result in a "yes" from them 90% of the time. I'm not saying you did this or not. I'm just saying that Smashers, and not tourney runners, are the ones who know the rules. they just copied and pasted their ruleset from something else. Remember the first tourney was supposedly FFA...

Yeah, I know that you know now and will change in the future, but I seriously wish that you would admit that maybe...just maybe...something you did was wrong and apologize for it. Dodging the issue and tossing it to other people is not satisfactory here.

I'd also like to really praise Zoro for his response to all this. You're a really cool guy...definitely.

Zoro

Smash Champion
It definitely wont happen again

Sorry kram and urkel

hopefully we can still be cool again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom