• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/17/07-11/18/07: Final Smash (S.O.S.'S Final ****), San Antonio TX: Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broly

Smash Lord
yea, i agree w/ gobz. SA vs Valley. n btw will there b other equipment needed?(cubes,smash copies, vcrs, tvs)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Please Gobz, don't play the race card; smashers are among the most liberal minded people (for the most part), it's just that some of us don't have the time (because we have other things such as college and jobs and other extracurricular activities) or the means (some smashers - Drew/Chang I'm looking at you - lack the transportation to get to these places) and rely on others to get places. Personally, I hate driving places that are more than an hour or so away, and driving 16 hours in a weekend just doesn't appeal to me; plus with gas prices the way they are, it might take $120 for me to get down to the valley and back, money that I really can't just throw around (despite what Drew thinks based on the size of my house).

In reality, the valley is incredibly inconvenient for pretty much all of Texas to go to; if you're looking for a group that you identify with closer based on availability or regional ties, maybe you guys and the Mexican smashers can get something together, I hear the twins are quite talented. It would solve your problem of feeling excluded from Texas smash by replacing one group with another.

Broly

Smash Lord
please, everybody got things to do, jobs, school etc. we going a far distance just like anybody else. we all got stuff to do, but when asked to go to tournies, i do w/e it takes to go because it means we get to play smashers we never faced. rob n cave came to brownsville b4, n rob has gone as far as monterrey, mx. so dont say ppl wont come becuz its too far. its just becuz u guys dont feel were not good enuff. i believe if u guys would of came at least once we wouldnt hafe this discussion

Mr.C

Smash Master
This has nothing to do with how skilled a region is lol

Driving, finding a ride for a 3-5 trip is not fun. You driving to smash tourneys has nothing to do with other people going to smash tourneys. Some of us cannot find rides, do not have the money or just don't want to go through the hassle of going to a out of town tourney because we have other things to do.

In my case I don't have enough love for this game anymore to travel. I'd rather play people that are closer to where I live to fulfill my smash needs.

tsetse

Smash Lord
SA VS. Valley crew.
5$ a person. Heck 8 person crew battle.
Does SA have 8 good players from SA. not out of towners but from sa. all our smashers are from the valley.

Gobz

Smash Apprentice
I didn't mean racial prejudice. Just the assumption that valley players aren't capable of success because of our location and distance away from central texas. Anyways there should be 10 of us heading over to this. Good games.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
SA VS. Valley crew.
Does SA have 8 good players from SA. not out of towners but from sa. all our smashers are from the valley.
can i pay in pesos? ^.^

tsetse

Smash Lord
Blue zaft i thought you were SA. But no if this is regional crew battle then we should all be only be allowed to play with those from our regions.

Broly

Smash Lord
SA VS. Valley crew.
yes, i agree 8 of us vs 8 SA players. 5 bucks would be fine.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'm originally from San Antonio, but I'm Dallas now. What I was trying to say was....Dallas vs. Valley crew MM?

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
waco
dallas
valley
SA
austin
houston?

a regional crew tournament can be good ^.^ or not?

tsetse

Smash Lord
I honestly think we should forget teams for this and just do crew battle. I mean if teams can happen cool but we need to gaurantee crew battles.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Crew battles sounds pretty fun.

I'm from SA, and granted I'm not "great", I'll be more than willing to jump into the SA crew for regional crew tournaments.

Since I want things to go smoothly, we may have to save any large crews battles for the big screen back at my house. But I love grudge matches. Like half of Texas came around just to see the MM between JF and SOS.
I remember going to that. It was epic.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
People from austin don't like this game.

*glares at Wes*

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I want to do teams, and I would like to point out that SOS still owes me a teaming from MLG Dallas.

curses forkgirl, curses.

defsithe

Smash Ace
very late i no but.....
stop being so mean to us :( :sobs:

now that thats over i wanna do crews too.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
Sos you dont get one

why?

cause you would end up ****** him/her (hoping its a chick) anyways
lol you hurt my feeling's :(

so I'll try to make an appearance. gotta support the cause ;)

...and hopefully my job'll support me trying to support the cause by givin me the **** day off...
fyre i havent played you in like... 2 year's lol but do try to get the day off cuz this is gonna be some good ****

is fcnl2 really gonna be a crew?? when i jokinly suggested rofl crew play, everyone freaked out . . .fcnl2 is even better.

i like the idea of regional crews. it'd be more fun...or at least something that brings people together besides skill level...like if for some reason peopel wanted to make a yoshi crew or something (dont know who or why anyone would, but its just an example).
now you know how i felt about the rofl crew lol. but your right fcnl2 would be to much ****. i suppose we could do it as an exibition? like if say anyother crew think's they can take us????

I didn't challenge anyone....lol valley wants to play S.A vs Valley so I suggested instead of San Antonio regional smashers we use a real crew. Sos and I are already part of the s.a regional and Doh/fear are most likely coming so i thought it made since to have fcnl2 vs valley since thats 4/5 of the people we need.

And in case you haven't realized this whole tourney is pretty much about crews.....Valley seems pretty serious when they said they would come down to have a crew match...so im assuming there will actually be crews. If I remember correctly Doh and I said "sos, doh, mr.c, xelic, maybe wes/chang/fear" would be the most likely to come represent fcnl2 if this thing happens. Since wes most likely will not come and I have no idea what Xelic's case is... that leaves Chang, Fear....I know Fear will be coming and Chang looks like he is taking interest in coming as well so it seems we have a full crew.

so quit being gay plz

A hick is usually a person who is unsophisticated, uncultured or just plain ignorant...these days the word is associated with hillbillies/people who are unintelligent. I personally found it funny when he called all of us hicks while the "neighbors from the south" aren't.

LOL
the man make's a good valid point.

I just got a job with Dell >_>..Hopefully I can get off for this because I really want to go.
hey congratz on the job man. :)

yea, i agree w/ gobz. SA vs Valley. n btw will there b other equipment needed?(cubes,smash copies, vcrs, tvs)
2 thing's.

1 yes we are in dire need of cubes/wii's/ copy's of smash (we have 15 tv's but only 6 cube's so far >.> so please help us out in anyway you can ty.
and 2 wtf your disabled? i didnt know that. like your crippled? im not trying to be a jerk im just curious...

SA VS. Valley crew.
well we have me lol im fat so i can count as 8 :p

naw seriously id like to do a sos vs the valley crew battle for fun if u guys r up 2 it.
Regional crew tournament would be fun :roll:
this is true

I want to do teams, and I would like to point out that SOS still owes me a teaming from MLG Dallas.

curses forkgirl, curses.
lol >.> hmmm what should i do >.>

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol you hurt my feeling's :(

fyre i havent played you in like... 2 year's lol but do try to get the day off cuz this is gonna be some good ****

now you know how i felt about the rofl crew lol. but your right fcnl2 would be to much ****. i suppose we could do it as an exibition? like if say anyother crew think's they can take us????

the man make's a good valid point.

hey congratz on the job man. :)

2 thing's.

1 yes we are in dire need of cubes/wii's/ copy's of smash (we have 15 tv's but only 6 cube's so far >.> so please help us out in anyway you can ty.
and 2 wtf your disabled? i didnt know that. like your crippled? im not trying to be a jerk im just curious...

well we have me lol im fat so i can count as 8 :p

naw seriously id like to do a sos vs the valley crew battle for fun if u guys r up 2 it.

this is true

lol >.> hmmm what should i do >.>
SOS wins.

Oh yeah, I can bring 2 cubes and 2 copies of smash.

So who is going to be in the austin crew?

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
due to multiple people sending me pm's (you know who you are) asking about crew's and such. if possible id like to form each crew BEFORE the tournament if at all possible. so PLEASE list your area your crew name your player's and we will update it in the 1st post.

ALSO im getting an extremely annoyed with like 23973287502937 people from sa asking me if they can be in the sa crew. so here's is what i have come to realize. if we dont make at least 2 sa crew's some player's will be left out and i dont want anyone (regardless of skill) to be left out becuz lets face it crews are wayyyyyy to fun lol

so in the possibility that where are to many people from a certain area i suppose we could do multiple crew's anyone like or dislike this idea??? post up and let me know becuz if i get 0 input come tournament day it will be chaos. ty

-S.O.S.

p.s. i am also accepting ALL challenges from any crew who THINK's they can defeat the 1 man sos crew :p and if they succeed i will give them 25$ :) but i wont have to worry about that :p

forkgirl

Smash Lord
the one man sos crew?!? the only crew that could possibly beat that is...
wes (if warms up and practices)
caveman (if warms up and practices)
xelic (even though you beat him, he'd take good stock off)
smiles (ditto with xelic)
wobbles (comes back to texas)

also <3 to asian crew, lol. if my brothers and sister come, maybe we'll have a McCartney crew :D

forkgirl

Smash Lord
XELIC!!!!
um...remember how you said we've never teamed before so we should sometime

:p *guilt trips*

well, um... remember that time we were gonna team and you never showed up??

sooooooooooo???????????????? teams????????

(yea i double posted on purpose because its really important :p)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
lawlz I wonder how teams will go (if there have time... crews WILL have priority). I could guilt SOS into teaming with me. (we did awesome at OC2, after the first round that is.) Dirty Sowf comes back with a vengence.

2 things:

-We need housing for the Valley/Austin/Dallas peeps. Seriously, the only person that seem to get it right was Bear, because he asked me the night the thread was put up.

-We will need cubes. I will try my best to reward whoever brings a cube.

Ok, I lied. One more thing:

-SOS wants to have some door prizes. There is no fee, and your number for the raffle will be what is on your name tag. The prizes won't have much value in money, but they will be awesome none the less.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
Do Austin people really need housing for a tournament which is only an hour away? I would much prefer to drive back to Austin and sleep in my own dorm over staying with others and not sleeping well and not being able to shower and things of that sort.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
-We need housing for the Valley/Austin/Dallas peeps. Seriously, the only person that seem to get it right was Bear, because he asked me the night the thread was put up.

-We will need cubes. I will try my best to reward whoever brings a cube.
I'll be housing Dallas, and I'll also bring a cube.

Kyle: peach ditto MM me

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I'll be housing Dallas, and I'll also bring a cube.

Kyle: peach ditto MM me
Peach Ditto? Well, I don't suck at them anymore, so I guess so. How much? I vote best 2/3. I call Green Peach.

And please bring that VCR and cable. You're the only person that has been able to come through when it comes to recording matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom