• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/17/07-11/18/07: Final Smash (S.O.S.'S Final ****), San Antonio TX: Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
And they're all good levels for Fox and campers.

More stages = more variety.

We should have...Yoshis, FoD, Battlefield, Pokemon, Dreamland, FD, Rainbow Cruise, DK64, and Brinstar on random. Now that's delicious.

Mr.C

Smash Master
And they're all good levels for Fox and campers.

More stages = more variety.

We should have...Yoshis, FoD, Battlefield, Pokemon, Dreamland, FD, Rainbow Cruise, DK64, and Brinstar on random. Now that's delicious.

I agree with everything except DK, Brinstar...all of the other levels are fair and from mlg ruleset =]

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
I like rainbow cruise...
Also, I didn't know the ruleset was like this.

I'm sorry bluezaft, I might have lied when I said I was coming to this. Haha. Seriously though. $15 entry fee for only 3 random stages? Whats wrong to the common 6, or even adding RC and DK64?

Mr.C

Smash Master
loolll Sideeffect

for real though only having fd, poke, dl64 for random stages gives characters/people unfair advantages.

K1T3

Smash Lord
personally i dont want to go to a tourney thats 15 for entry and have a wack *** rule set like this lol
What he said.
Just use MLG rules for all the tournies and be done with it.
Except SoS's random one that is, cause it's random and all =)

Also update first post asking people to bring TV's cubes, extension cords, whatever's needed, and put who is bringing what. Yes TV's too if this is going to be more then 50 people then you want a lot.
Also make a list of people interested in going and add a working pot amount. Leave me off this list as right now this tourney seems wack.
Find out what the venue fee is going to be or are you taking out of the pot to pay for the place? Have you confirmed with the store that they can accommodate this large number of people on both days?
Add a list of the people that need housing and who can house.
Pools/RR(just thought that should be added again)
Maybe a list of crews or people that want to be in a crew that way we can more easily find people to crew with.

Just get more organized and do what's best to make the tourney a good one.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
What he said.
Just use MLG rules for all the tournies and be done with it.
Except SoS's random one that is, cause it's random and all =)

Also update first post asking people to bring TV's cubes, extension cords, whatever's needed, and put who is bringing what. Yes TV's too if this is going to be more then 50 people then you want a lot.
Also make a list of people interested in going and add a working pot amount. Leave me off this list as right now this tourney seems wack.
Find out what the venue fee is going to be or are you taking out of the pot to pay for the place? Have you confirmed with the store that they can accommodate this large number of people on both days?
Add a list of the people that need housing and who can house.
Pools/RR(just thought that should be added again)
Maybe a list of crews or people that want to be in a crew that way we can more easily find people to crew with.

Just get more organized and do what's best to make the tourney a good one.
Sorry for the double post, but it's easier to quote this way.

Pools if we get over 64 people (probably top 4 of 6 advanced like Super Sophia). RR if it looks like there will be time (that would be the only way to fairly seed it)

No one save Hylian has posted a real crew. Of course I can't update it yet. And I expect a single crew not to exceed 4 or 5 (it IS 20 stock after all). Plus there needs to be a team captain as well.

And for housing, Nike 20 is the only one who replied to the question, but he still hasn't told me how many. CAN ANYONE ELSE DO HOUSING? PLEASE TELL ME. I want the Valley and their 50 bazillion smashers to come.

As for venue, it is Gamelot, and will stay Gamelot unless I decide to move it. The Dpad and a new place called Wootz Gaming Cafe (opening this weekend at Culebra and Westover Hills)
may be more adequte for space. But this will be after careful consideration.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Actually, If I remember correctly Nike 20 backed out on that and said he can't house. Something about being out of town that weekend.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
No one save Hylian has posted a real crew. Of course I can't update it yet. And I expect a single crew not to exceed 4 or 5 (it IS 20 stock after all). Plus there needs to be a team captain as well.
so the crew tournament to be 4- 5 its the main crew tournament yes
but what about a REGIONAL CREW TOURNAMENT on the side? Austin Dallas SAntonio CrystalCity Valley Houston each area with like 8 people representing...it could be fun :)

bluezaft

The True Zaft
That's what he's talking about, majora. 8 people is unreasonable because not that many people are coming from Dallas, Crystal City, and Houston. 20 stock regional crew tournament. Just split your 8 people into 2 crews.

People coming from Dallas: me, DoH, UTD Zac, break, Agamemnon. I guess we'll be the Dallas crew.

And Kyle, Ben said he could maybe house a few people.

Broly

Smash Lord
well, 4-5 of us will not need housing, a friend is housing us in corpus. hmm the 4-5 ppl is good but theres like 6-7 of us that can really play good. if it stood like it is now, im sure i wont be in crews. we'll work somethin out.

TGM

Smash Lord
This tourney is on my birthday weekend. could i get in for free?????????? also, if i go, im in the houston crew.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
UPDATE: Housing can be provided possibly by MajinLink. I may be able to work out something to have more people over, but I would like to not annoy Jerry too much.

I have also massively increased the list of people expected to attend.

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Okay, houston crew is set as is with me, gabe, sethlon, roy r, and possibly ronnie. I'm waiting to see if ronnie is coming or not.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
UPDATE: Housing can be provided possibly by MajinLink. I may be able to work out something to have more people over, but I would like to not annoy Jerry too much.
Yeah, like I said, possibly, but if I can for sure, anyone who is staying would have to follow house specific rules and I'll explain a couple of details that would better your chances of staying here and not get kicked out by my father. Just as long as you listen closely to what I have to say to whoever IS staying, then there shouldn't be any problems whatsoever...

I will say this rule right now: With my dad, and even myself, I can not stand people who are up late causing a ruckus playing around and making a bunch of noise late at night while we are trying to sleep, so when I'm getting ready to head out to bed, which is normally around 1 AM, 2 AM at the latest, everyone goes to sleep. It is in your best interest to especially follow that one rule for whoever decides to stay here.

On a side note, I must personally know you to even consider people staying here, so that leaves Dallas people out of the question, Houston people as well...

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
sa will have 2 be broken into 2 crews due 2 size. me mr.c fear kyle majin for 1st crew? kite puff wombat and2 more ppl for 2nd crew? also bad typing due 2 using psp sry

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nick, can you house me and the people coming with me?

You stayed at my house for wtym so it's only fair :).

Also, you owe me a MM XD. But it's ok if you don't want to since you don't really play anymore.(and you play falco..ew XD)

I'm not positive on who is coming from austin yet.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I say we draw a stage from a hat, and then we play the tournament with only that stage. This includes all the stages. Let's hope for a Hyrule tournament!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I swear, if i get two peaches in a row again, and dreamland comes up on random both times again, i will never again in my life go to another smash tourny with lame no stage striking rules such as these.

...did i mention i hate peach? T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom