• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/17/07-11/18/07: Final Smash (S.O.S.'S Final ****), San Antonio TX: Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G@BE

Smash Lord
tis true hehehehehehehehe

S.O.S. i wanna a Money match from ya

As old pallsssss iiiii ddeeemmmaannnnddd it

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
good news. due 2 me moving out and getting my pwn apartment. housing is available. if you ask nicely. just bring pillows cuz u will have2 get the floor. and yea ill mm u g@be. 10?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No one from austin wants to play in crews :(.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
I think you'll find that many of the Austin players are losing their already dwindling enthusiasm for the game as a result of Brawl impressions. I'm not even sure that I want to go to this tournament anymore.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
No one from austin wants to play in crews :(.
Most Austin players are really lazy when it comes to being a community, yet sadly they make up the best video game players in the south:dizzy:

Btw, I'm worried about Houston's (which is Houston/Magnolia, or maybe... Houstolia?) crew. They have a pretty solid lineup. They will most likely be in the top 3.

So far San Antonio (SAKverse) crew will be: SOS (captain), Mosquito, Mr C, Majinlink, and probably Fear.

I know I have been lazy about it, but I will soon have some crews list on the first post. I just don't want to have information that no doubt will be inaccurate from the second it has been put up.

I posted a bulletin on myspace, but I figured it would have more replies here:

The list of people interested in coming is getting over 40! And I still have a month to go.

BANNER/FLYER CONTEST

If anyone has a little bit of artistic ability (even if it's just MS paint.... yes I'm talking about you Taylor) can someone whip up a banner/flyer for me and send me the file?

I will seriously give the winning submission 5 dollars the next time I see them.

Guidelines:

Must be smash related (duh)
Must show the following:
The name of the tournament is "Final Smash" Just put that only.
Date: November 17th and 18th
Time: doors open at 11, events at 2 pm
San Antonio, TX
Singles, Teams, and Crews

Send it to me on myspace.com/kyletheband or to victor_the_bum@yahoo.com (PM me first to let me know about it, I never check it).
Please help!

Mr.C

Smash Master
says the dude that wears girl pants lololololol
lolllll dude I dont wear girl pants anymore ^_^

EDIT:

I would like everyone to know.

- L canceling was not in the demo so it might be out for brawl.
- Wave dashing is out.
- Fox is not overpowered, shine starts faster but so far wave shines are out and you have to hold down b to jump out of shine. Up throw/up air is now impossible from what I understand
- Pivots are in and seem to be better.
- Every character can like run off the stage and instantly edge hog.
- CCing is in but its a lot harder to smash attack out of them now because pressing the cstick and a direction will automatically do a tilt attack.

Something I noticed so I made a thread about it

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3097100&posted=1#post3097100

I know this isn't a brawl thread but everyone is looking forward to the game so I thought id give a heads up in case y'all didn't know lols...

everything can be found here

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121329

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
SOS can you house the people coming with me? It will probably be something like, Kal, Me, JF, Austin, Fletcher, Levi something like that >_>.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
lolllll dude I dont wear girl pants anymore ^_^

EDIT:

I would like everyone to know.

- L canceling was not in the demo so it might be out for brawl.
- Wave dashing is out.
- Fox is not overpowered, shine starts faster but so far wave shines are out and you have to hold down b to jump out of shine. Up throw/up air is now impossible from what I understand
- Pivots are in and seem to be better.
- Every character can like run off the stage and instantly edge hog.
- CCing is in but its a lot harder to smash attack out of them now because pressing the cstick and a direction will automatically do a tilt attack.

Something I noticed so I made a thread about it

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3097100&posted=1#post3097100

I know this isn't a brawl thread but everyone is looking forward to the game so I thought id give a heads up in case y'all didn't know lols...

everything can be found here

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121329
im sorry c but isnt that incredibley DISSAPOINTING news? no canceling??? GAY no wave dashing GAY bowser not bottom tier GAY my point being less advanced tactics = less fun game. and if there isnt anything advanced and or hard to do i definitly wont be taking it competitively. it sounds like smash 1 to me. (im trying to be positive about brawl but it keeps looking worse everytime i see it >.>

SOS can you house the people coming with me? It will probably be something like, Kal, Me, JF, Austin, Fletcher, Levi something like that >_>.

not a problem just remember to bring gc's pillows blankets food etc becuz i provide nothing in those department's and as long as you guys dont mind playing smash till like 4 in the morning lol

Mr.C

Smash Master
im sorry c but isnt that incredibley DISSAPOINTING news? no canceling??? GAY no wave dashing GAY bowser not bottom tier GAY my point being less advanced tactics = less fun game. and if there isnt anything advanced and or hard to do i definitly wont be taking it competitively. it sounds like smash 1 to me. (im trying to be positive about brawl but it keeps looking worse everytime i see it >.>
I know it sounds bad without L canceling, WDing etc..but lets face it Wding isn't a necessary thing and there will be things to make up for it in brawl. L canceling on the other hand puts a huge gap between noob and at least knowing how to play. I hope that L canceling was just out for the demo but then again the lag from aerials in brawl is reduced quite a bit so it might not matter anymore. Brawl might possibly be more of a mind game, combo efficiency game....which
I likeyyyyy =] lol

Bowser not sucking owns.... lol...but then again he will probably still sucks compared to the other characters when people actually know how to play the game well.

Remember this is a brand new game not melee v.2...meaning there will be advanced techniques just a lot of them will be different from the ones we know now =]

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Since the lag after aerials is less than what we've seen in videos, they think that for the demo l-canceling was made automatic.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Float canceling is in.

Even if l-canceling is out, I can still cheat my way to victory!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I still have norfair, which is like brinstar, which is like...auto win.

It just has less range.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I had a long talk with Gimpyfish about the game(because he played it lol) and he said it has tons of depth and it will be a great competitive game. People are freaking out because they wanted melee 2.0 but this is a new game.

Peach's downsmash was nerfered but all her other moves are better now. She is almost better then she was in melee according to gimpy. Also, mario is supposed to own now. Gimpy said samus isn't that bad and bowser is still probably going to be low tier, people are freaking out about things they shouldn't.

So yeah :).

Oh yeah and he said Ike is by far the worst character. He is so slow that gimpy would hit A...and then wait..and then hit A again thinking he didn't do the attack only to realize that he had already started it the first time he hit A.

And thanks sos.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You know what? Screw it, I'm probably going to only enter Singles. Maybe doubles if I'm willing to through $25 dollars worth of food away.

Hylian, did you still want to team? I wanna rest s'more.

I'm gonna be taking a GC with a copy of Smash.

Also, one last thing: Was low tier still gonna be a possibility?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You know what? Screw it, I'm probably going to only enter Singles. Maybe doubles if I'm willing to through $25 dollars worth of food away.

Hylian, did you still want to team? I wanna rest s'more.

I'm gonna be taking a GC with a copy of Smash.

Also, one last thing: Was low tier still gonna be a possibility?

I will be taking a GC also.

And yeah I wanna team with you!!!

forkgirl

Smash Lord
oooooh i really hope there is teams!!! :) i know you said that crews will take presidence (sp?! lol) over teams, but does that mean just tournament crews??? I know there are a lot of crew mm going around, and i think it'd kind of be lame for those to be more important than doubles. crew mm can be a side thing like any other mm imo.

i dont see why there shouldnt be enough time for singles, crews, and doubles...especially in 2 days, m i right?? M I???

texas' last big melee tournament HAS to have teams!! it just has to!!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
As of now I am working 7 days a week at Dell >_>. 10 hours a day. XD. I still think I will be able to make this though.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
oooooh i really hope there is teams!!! :) i know you said that crews will take presidence (sp?! lol) over teams, but does that mean just tournament crews??? I know there are a lot of crew mm going around, and i think it'd kind of be lame for those to be more important than doubles. crew mm can be a side thing like any other mm imo.

i dont see why there shouldnt be enough time for singles, crews, and doubles...especially in 2 days, m i right?? M I???

texas' last big melee tournament HAS to have teams!! it just has to!!
Don't worry Taylor, all in all, I'm sure we'll have time for times, it will be after crews are done, and singles are nearly finished. Depending on the size of teams, I might try to have both finals round the same time, so that we can get it recored easier. But we shall see.

As for teams, well I know SOS is actually teaming with DOH (well, he is owed all the way back from MLG Dallas..... no crying Taylor, go team with Caveman.... if Caveman isn't playing Halo or smoking out:() and I'll team either with Majin or FC. Peach/Samus is Team Spam Never Dies, but me and FC have always done well in teams for some reason. We've always gone two or three rounds in the winners bracket and have made some gnarly comebacks. I don't know why, but I usually tell Gary "Fall back!" or "Knee him!" and it works.

Please come Crystal City! I don't think we may be able to pull off a tournament this awesome again.

I spent all day playing smash, and I can't wait to play more. Matches are good practice, but this time I need to perfect every bit of my game, from L-Canceling to Wavedashing.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
This is just a friendly reminder that bluezaft has a perfect teams record in San Antonio.

And if you guys haven't heard, there IS lag-canceling in Brawl. Instead of pressing R/L, all you do is fast-fall, then do the aerial, and ALL the lag is canceled upon landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom