• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/17/07-11/18/07: Final Smash (S.O.S.'S Final ****), San Antonio TX: Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pneuma

Smash Ace
I should be able to make it to this as my first tournament in months. D:
I'm in San Antonio every other weekend at UTSA so going down to Huebner and Bandera is only another 15 miles or so.

Mr.C

Smash Master
This game sucks. How about instead of San Antonio vs Valley or whatever why don't we do FCNL2 vs Valley...since were a crew and all.

Broly

Smash Lord
whos in FCNL2?

i guess, look i never said u guys sucked or valley is too good. im just sayin that ppl who havent came here b4 should see us play b4 they judge us. im not sayin come every **** time but at least once. w/e, we goin to prove ourselves not to win. n sure doh, ill mm u on w/e extra i take. 5 bucks ok?

Mr.C

Smash Master
Fat chicks need love too

* FASTLIKETREE
* Xelic
* Mr.C
* Chang-sta
* DoH
* Dr. DrewTheDragon
* SOS
* PROUDLIKECOW
* DCX1287
* Fear

Of course not all of us will be playing though. But I mean since Valley is an actual crew of friends, family....it's only fair if we use our actual crew instead of breaking it down by regions.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I should be able to make it to this as my first tournament in months. D:
I'm in San Antonio every other weekend at UTSA so going down to Huebner and Bandera is only another 15 miles or so.
Pnuemaaaa

lawl

Seems like a lot of people are going to this. Awesome.

thereaperX

Smash Cadet
it be kool to have cc n some of us ve FCNL2. like 10 v 10 or sumthin
LOLOLOL this guy is a riot.

ummm yea how about cc and valley VS fcnl2 and ken, isai, pc chris, etc. etc. basically whoever the **** we want (people who are super good in this game).

are you ****ing kidding me LOL!!!!!

crew match means crew match. you're not in crystal city crew. why would you even suggest that they could be on your "crew" for this showdown?

i like how he says it all nonchalantly and **** also lolol "yea um crew match cool we can have like us n' some of the top players in the u.s. (aka crystal city) yea that'd be cool"

that'd be like fcnl2 going "yea cool dudez we'll do some of fcnl2 and like pc chris and ken and mew2king on our side and maybe isai yea that's awesome we're down"

lol what a joke

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Since I want things to go smoothly, we may have to save any large crews battles for the big screen back at my house. But I love grudge matches. Like half of Texas came around just to see the MM between JF and SOS.

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I wish I was there for that, that **** was EPIC. Or so I hear. This tournament sounds like it is going to be Betty Epic, which I hear is the most epic of all things.

Broly

Smash Lord
im glad u think its 'ok' for fcnl2 to band up together with 10 very good smashers while cc is wut 4-5 ppl in it. wow dude ur a ***** mathmatician. 10 vs. 4 or 5= equal great showdown. nice.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Broly's right. FCNL2 is a crew of the best non-CC players from all over Texas. So it's only fair for them to go against regional Texas crews why? Think of it as FCNL2 vs CC with Valley filler since CC has only like 4 active players.

Mosquito: Peach ditto MM? 5 or 10 dollars?

Galt

Smash Journeyman
Also, keep in mind that at least 3 of the FCNL2 players no longer play/go to tournaments. Proudlikecow... ah, the good ol' days. Too bad he found God and lost his Smash skill.

I still don't know how many of us Austin-types intend to attend. I need to get around to bothering people about it, so they'll actually think. But we've only got a month until then... I may have waited too long. :( I suppose I'd better also get one of my characters in working order.

dochimself

Smash Rookie
Screw raffles, there should be a foosball tournament (single elim if necessary). Heck, I'll run it.

There IS a foosball table there, right? I'm not just saying stupid crap?
foosball tourney? what for? you'll get ***** by all the mexicans there (all of cc, coach, whoever else is mexican and myself) i don't think you understand....foosball is like a national sport in mexico lmao

NOTE: i don't think they have a foosball table anyways, but if you ask betty nicely maybe he can manifest one for you with his powers or pwnage :chuckle:

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I was thinking the top 4 from FCNL2 vs CC, since crystal doesn't really crew with anyone besides themselves.

dochimself

Smash Rookie
LITTLE PEICE OF HEAVEN ON EARTH

oh btw please forgive me for the double post...but i think this is really important info for all of the out of towners. i just wana recomend a restaurant in sa. this is not only a restaurant...it...is...the...restaurant. if i can pick one restaurant to represent the city in a national restaurant/food taste it would be The Magnolia Pancake Haus. ask anyone in the city, and they'll vouch for the restaurant. it was named the best breakfast in texas like 5 years in a row and top 15 in the nation. here's a link to their website for more info: http://www.magnoliapancakehaus.com/about_us.php

NOTE: i am not getting payed, nor am i advertising the place. i just think that everyone should taste the food before they die. its that good.

EDIT: heres a link from aol city guide. look at the testimonies.

http://search.cityguide.aol.com/sanantonio/restaurants/magnolia-pancake-haus/v-109242790/reviews

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
SAK will be enjoying breakfast there the day of the tournament, and while it would be the perfect place to meet up after the finals, they are only open from 7 am to 2 pm. Because that's how much business they get.

Broly

Smash Lord
Broly's right. FCNL2 is a crew of the best non-CC players from all over Texas. So it's only fair for them to go against regional Texas crews why? Think of it as FCNL2 vs CC with Valley filler since CC has only like 4 active players.

Mosquito: Peach ditto MM? 5 or 10 dollars?
thankfully someone understood it.i dont intend on talkin smack to ppl i dont kno. it was just an idea. but yea.. ill see if we can find that restaurant epending on how early we take off.

thereaperX

Smash Cadet
im glad u think its 'ok' for fcnl2 to band up together with 10 very good smashers while cc is wut 4-5 ppl in it. wow dude ur a ***** mathmatician. 10 vs. 4 or 5= equal great showdown. nice.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
……………………………………………_„„„„---~~~-----„„„„__………………………………………………………………………………………
……………………………………..„-^""¯ . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."-„……………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………„~" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."-„…………………………………………………………………………………
……………………………...„-" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .'"-„………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………...„-" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . '-„……………………………………………………………………………
…………………………,-' . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . , , , '-„…………………………………………………………………………
………………………..,' . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . , , , , , '|…………………………………………………………………………
………………………..| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . , , , , , , ,'|~-„………………………………………………………………………
……………………..„-~-„ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,„---„ . . . . . , , , , , , , ,'| . .\~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~---„„„„„___ ………………………………
……………………./ . . '| . .__ . . . . „----„ . . . .( . . . "-„ . . . , , , , , , , ,/ . -„"„;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;¯"~-„_………………………..
………………….../' . . ," ,-" . .),, . .( . . . "-„ . . "-„ . . . "-„ . . , , , , , , / . -„„ .'„;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;¯¯""~~--„_…………….
…………………../ . . ./„-' . .„-'--„„-~-„'-„ . . . "-„ . . '-„ . . . .'-„ . . , , , _„„„ ./;; . |;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;"-„ …….....
……………….„- ( . . .// . . ./ . . '| . . '-„'-„ . . . ."-„ . ."„ . . . ."„ . . . „" . . \,"" . /;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;"-„………
……………..„";;;;| . .'" . . .„' . . / "„ . . ."-„\ . . . . .'-„ . "„ . . . .\ . . | . . . .| \;| | ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;"„ .......
…………...„";;;;;;| . . . . . / . . „""„/"„ . . . ''"-„ . . . . "-„ .'"„ . . . \ . .| . . . .\_„~' ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;"„......
………….„";;-"¯ ( . . . .,-' . . ./ „" . .„"-„ . . . ."-„ . . . . "-„_) . . . .\,,\ . . . . |:::: ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯""~-;;;;;;;;;|......
…………( , , , , ,'| . . . . . . .-"„". . ./ „-"-„ . . . .''"- . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .'„:: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , "-;;;;|......
………….) , , , , ,| . . . . . . .-' . . .'|::\ . ."-„ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ):, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , '|……
…………/ , , , , , "„ . . . . . . . . . .'|:::"„ . . "- . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . '/ , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , |……
………../ , , , , , , ,'„ . . . . . . . . . .|:::::"-„ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .„' , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,|……
……….( , , , , , , , | . . . . . . . . . . '|:::::::'\ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , „-, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,'|……
………..'| , , , , , , ,| . . . . . . . . . . '|':::::: ,"-„ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . / , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , „' , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,'|…….
………...| , , , , , ,/' . . . . . . . . . . . ):::: , , ,"„ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .'\ , , , , , , , /\ , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,/ , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,|…….
………,~' , , , , , / . . . . . . . . . . . ./:::: , , , ,"-„ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "~„ , , , „-'/:::\~--,„ , , , , , , , , , ,/ , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , |…….
........./ , , , , „-" | . . . . . . . . . . .,-":::: , , , , , ,"-„ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,'"-„"¯::/:::::'\:::::| , , , , , , , , „" , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , |…….
……./ , , ,„-", , ,'| . . . . . . . . . . /' :::: , , , , , , , , ,'"~„ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ./ , ,"'"~„::::::\-'" , , , , , , , , ,'| , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , |…….
….../, , „-", , , , ,'| . . . . . . . . . .| ::, , , , , , , , , , , , , '"~„ . . . . . . . . . . . / , , , , , , '"~„:'\, , , , , , , , , ,/ , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,|…….
…../„~", , , , , , , '\ . . . . . . . . ./: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , "~„ . . . . . . . . / , , , , , , , , , '"~„ , , , , , , , „", , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,'|…….
..„-", , , , , , , , , , ,"~„ . . . . . .„", , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , "-„ . . . . . . / , , , , , , , , , , , , '"~„ , , , , / , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,|…….
-", , , , , , , , , , , , , , ¯"~---~"'/, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , '\ . . . . / , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,"~„ , |' , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , |…….
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,/ , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , '"-„_„/' , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,'"~„ , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,'|…….
Nhc , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , /, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , "~„ , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,"'~„ , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,'|……..

You just made a fool of yourself by not catching the BLATANT SARCASM in my post. should i expect this level of intelligence from all valley folk? i hope not.

of course fcnl2 doesn't want ****ing pc chris, ken, mew2king, whatever.

I was making fun of the fact that you have such WEAK confidence in your "valley crew" that you have to resort to recruting some of the top texas players (crystal city) to back you up.

You're hanging on to this "region" thing a little too much. Yes, most crews form based on region but other crews form based purely on friendships, and this is precisely the case with FCNL2.

FCNL2 has been a crew for years. It's not as though they just strung together some of the best players in texas all of a sudden to challenge the "valley" crew. fcnl2's roster has been unchanged for years, and it formed originally because everyone in that crew is friends with each other.

just because fcnl2 has members from all over texas and some of those members just happen to be some of the best players in texas doesn't mean the crew was created under the proviso of "oh let's get all the best non-CC players together to form a crew."

i don't think "living in the same region" is a necessary requirement for forming a crew.

I do, however, think that it's incredibly lame for broly to try and recruit CC to play for their crew since, well, they are not a "crew".

Bottom line: FCNL2's validity as a crew is backed by both the longevity of its existence and the permanence of its roster.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
like half our roster is retired anyway...it'd probably just be sos, me. mr c, xelic, maybe wes/chang/fear?

thereaperX

Smash Cadet
yes fine i agree lets just play 10 man fcnl2 vs 6 ppl valley. then play 10 man fcnl2 vs 4 ppl from cc.
My mistake - all this time I've been talking to you assuming that you at least had a BASIC understanding of how crew matches work. I didn't realize that you were totally ****ing oblivious to basic rules, because you keep trying to attack me on your assumed premise that

1) I am suggesting a 10 man (FCNL2) vs 5 man (valley crew) match

and

2) that IF #1 was indeed correct (hint: it's not), fcnl2 would have some sort of egregiously unfair advantage even though both crews get the same ****ing amount of stock.

20 stock vs 20 stock

let's say your baseless assumption that I was trying to push for a "10 man (fcnl2) vs 4 or 5 man (valley) crew battle" was true -

each memeber of fcnl2 would have 2 stock. each member of a 5 man valley crew would have 4 stock

But really, I like how all this time you just assumed that when I say "fcnl2 vs valley" it means that EVERYONE in fcnl2 must play AND that fcnl2 would get some sort of unfair advantage because of this (even though they wouldn't). 60% of fcnl2 isn't even active....

Azariel

Smash Rookie
Finally, I've been waiting for a tournament to hit somewhere close to me for a while now and San Antonio is only 3 hours away w00t. When do sign ups end, if i do go i wanna know when i have to be there.

Azariel

Smash Rookie
Wow i just finished reading the first 10 pages of this thread. So i gotta ask, if i show up is it gonna be Waco on one side, SA on another, and me all by my lonesome wanting to play some drama free smash :laugh: I don't know if i can handle the pressure of choosing sides between two groups of ppl i know nothing about :dizzy: Anyways if there is anyone near College Station that would like to play some practice games before this tourney let me know. Seems like there aren't to many competitive players that i know about around here.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Contrary to popular belief fat chicks actually do NOT need love.

EDIT: Broly, you don't have to worry about uneven crews lol of course it will be 5v5. Most of our crew doesn't even play or will not be attending the tournament =p. Like Doh said our crew will probably consist of sos, doh, mr.c, xelic, maybe wes/chang/fear...which I hardly doubt Wes will be showing up and Xelic/Chang might not even come unless they have confirmed? idk.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
it really doesnt matter. because in the end whatever crew im on is going to win lol dont believe me look at the ****ing title of the thread lolz naw but i hope valley come's i havent seen tsetse in awhile. i remember the 1st time i played him. i ***** his **** lol then again i guess nothing has changed :p lol jk your 2 cool tsetse i wish i had a smash teacher lol

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Sos you dont get one

why?

cause you would end up ****** him/her (hoping its a chick) anyways

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Finally, I've been waiting for a tournament to hit somewhere close to me for a while now and San Antonio is only 3 hours away w00t. When do sign ups end, if i do go i wanna know when i have to be there.
No, there is no pre regristation or anything to worry about. Just be there before 2 pm on Saturday and you are good to go.

The Man Himself™

Smash Rookie
so I'll try to make an appearance. gotta support the cause ;)

...and hopefully my job'll support me trying to support the cause by givin me the **** day off...

forkgirl

Smash Lord
is fcnl2 really gonna be a crew?? when i jokinly suggested rofl crew play, everyone freaked out . . .fcnl2 is even better.

i like the idea of regional crews. it'd be more fun...or at least something that brings people together besides skill level...like if for some reason peopel wanted to make a yoshi crew or something (dont know who or why anyone would, but its just an example).

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I doubt FCNL2 will do much of anything, a lot of us don't go to tournaments anymore... Mr C. just likes to randomly challenge people to crew matches that never happen.

As for me I'm probably going to un-retire since Brawl got delayed yet again. But I'm not going to this because:

1. School

2. This ruleset is dumb.

Gobz

Smash Apprentice
No, CC is not needed to be annexed to a valley crew. However, Valley was hoping to match up against a San Antonio concentrated team, because that seems where the issue lies. Therefore either 5 or 6 man San An crew vs Valley.

Also, there's been some pretty harsh things said about the valley past couple of pages. Some challenging our legitimacy as crew, or as a region in general. For starters, I understand that we are light years away from Texas major metro areas, but we work hard to try to compensate for that by trying to create bigger pots to offset travel cost. Perhaps one day we'll provide a pot similar to the tournies of old, but I'm starting to believe that the issue at hand is not a matter of distance, or money, but ignorance and prejudice of our region. I really hope I'm wrong, but some of the words expressed by some are leaning that way.

Now to the issue of the valley not ever contributing to Texas smash scene, I have to disagree with this. It's true that we're not pumping out players that are going to WIN major Texas tournaments, that doesn't mean we're not producing players who will fight their way into top 10 placings. Don't be surprised to see players like Kev$, Vash, Pax, majora place respectably in the tournament, and probably beating players you wouldn't expect them to beat based on prejudging valley skill. Broly himself will most likely beat 75 percent of players who will judge him based his physical condition, and the way he plays is f'n skill in itself so you have to give respect for that.

As a tournament organizer, I'm extremely proud that the valley has grown to the smash community that it is today, and this is considering that Melee is at the end of it's life. We started off with small tournaments and even smaller crew, but now grown to produce tournaments of respectable size, and even more players than ever before. Where as there's been a decline in the rest of the state, interest in smash here has grown tremendously. Despite all that has been said about the value of our tournaments, whether they are "real" Texas tournaments or not, I'm not going to debate anyone on that. Just know that whenever we throw a tournament, all of Texas is always invited, whether you come or not is a different story. However I envision our future tournaments to extend beyond Texas and into our neighbors from the South, who have come to our tournaments and do possess some skill. So yeah, we won't be bothering you Texas hicks anymore to come down.

Bottom line of all this, Valley crew vs San An, any takers?

Mr.C

Smash Master
I doubt FCNL2 will do much of anything, a lot of us don't go to tournaments anymore... Mr C. just likes to randomly challenge people to crew matches that never happen.
I didn't challenge anyone....lol valley wants to play S.A vs Valley so I suggested instead of San Antonio regional smashers we use a real crew. Sos and I are already part of the s.a regional and Doh/fear are most likely coming so i thought it made since to have fcnl2 vs valley since thats 4/5 of the people we need.

And in case you haven't realized this whole tourney is pretty much about crews.....Valley seems pretty serious when they said they would come down to have a crew match...so im assuming there will actually be crews. If I remember correctly Doh and I said "sos, doh, mr.c, xelic, maybe wes/chang/fear" would be the most likely to come represent fcnl2 if this thing happens. Since wes most likely will not come and I have no idea what Xelic's case is... that leaves Chang, Fear....I know Fear will be coming and Chang looks like he is taking interest in coming as well so it seems we have a full crew.

so quit being gay plz

However I envision our future tournaments to extend beyond Texas and into our neighbors from the South, who have come to our tournaments and do possess some skill. So yeah, we won't be bothering you Texas hicks anymore to come down.
A hick is usually a person who is unsophisticated, uncultured or just plain ignorant...these days the word is associated with hillbillies/people who are unintelligent. I personally found it funny when he called all of us hicks while the "neighbors from the south" aren't.

LOL

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just got a job with Dell >_>..Hopefully I can get off for this because I really want to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom