• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/17/07-11/18/07: Final Smash (S.O.S.'S Final ****), San Antonio TX: Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HANA

Smash Apprentice
apology accepted. but just out of curiosity... why did you guys start bashing me and betty? have i played you guys before or something?

also i did some thinking and i want everyone to know that this will not only be my last smash tournament but i want to make sure that everyone enjoy's themself at this tourney so im going to make sure that its extra amazing for everyone. lets make this a tourney to remember. and i have a feeling crews are going to be a ****ing mazing
nah, i've never played you before, but a few of my friends have....they said you were amazing, and believe me they had nothing but the utmost respect for your smash game...i just think that your attitude may have got to them, i'm not sure as far as betty goes....i don't know what the deal on that one is, again....ill spare the sig

Broly

Smash Lord
Brownsville Crew- Leader broly. then vash,pax,axel, n alex. we'll be in top 4 for sure.

****, if anybody can play w/ one hand and their face other than me would have my utmost respect

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
Brownsville Crew- Leader broly. then vash,pax,axel, n alex. we'll be in top 4 for sure.

****, if anybody can play w/ one hand and their face other than me would have my utmost respect
are you going broly?
u know what...i may let you give me a ride to the tournament and even more, i may let you letting you me play in your crew.
MAY! :chuckle:

TheCoach

Smash Apprentice
look i have a couple of points to make so allow teh coach to speak

1. Waco will NEVER be better than SA in SSBM i can **** out a turd give it a smash controller and it will still pwn everyone in waco.

2. Ben(majinlink) is a homosexual

3. Thou shall not take Betty's name in vain..... (NICK THE GRIP) don't you read the pro bible ****en noob

4. Ben(majinlink) is a homosexual

ok now that thats been said host the ****en tourney come and git pwnd because teh betty army has never lost a battle. EVER...

btw I HATE NOOBS AND SINCE WACO IS FILLED WITH NOOBS I HATE WACO TOO.

NOOBS FAIL AND BETTY PREVAILS

K1T3

Smash Lord
Having RR or Pools would be great! Even at the cost of low tier. That way people don't get gimped by bad bracket and the good people will actually move on even if they mess up once

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
The story that inspired this tournament to happen:

So if you look at S.O.S.'s profile, you will see a whole lot of **** talk from some no name player from Waco.

Why would the best in Waco, whose players all made up the bottom half of the Betty tournament, possibly think he is good:confused: Anyways, this jerk has gotten the attention of SAK, and thus has created a reason to hold that final outing, the one true final smash tournament for Texas.

i look forward to this exciting tournament?

kodak_sway

Smash Cadet
yeh yeh yeh, yall do alot of talking. let ur melee skillz do it for ya. talking endless trash wont get yall no where, just make sure yall practice and keep warming up.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
yeh yeh yeh, yall do alot of talking. let ur melee skillz do it for ya. talking endless trash wont get yall no where, just make sure yall practice and keep warming up.
I have but two words for you:

BRING IT.

(By that I mean please come to my tourney, regardless of whether you will get destroyed or not.)

BTW, UPDATE ON ENTRY FEE: Now everything will be priced separately. This will make it easier for those who don't plan on doing a event, as well as making the pot bigger for each event.

As for the possibility of Round Robin or Pools, I am highly against Pools, since anyone who doesn't make it out is kinda forgotten. Round Robin for seeding is cool, but only if I can see it being something viable in the time I have, as RR is a very long process. I am hoping for a 64 man bracket, random seeding (except I don't want to play Wombat. He and I have played each other FAR too often). But this is all pending on the turnout.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Pools is BETTER for lower-level players. Instead of 2 or 3 people, they get to play 6-8. I always hoped for pools when I started playing smash and sucked. They're going to be 'forgotten' anyway after they get eliminated after 2 or 3 rounds, but that's what free play and teams tournaments are for.

And what's this about random seeding? As in NO seeding? That's an awful idea. It will result in people not getting the placement they deserve because the top players will eliminate each other early on.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pools is BETTER for lower-level players. Instead of 2 or 3 people, they get to play 6-8. I always hoped for pools when I started playing smash and sucked. They're going to be 'forgotten' anyway after they get eliminated after 2 or 3 rounds, but that's what free play and teams tournaments are for.

And what's this about random seeding? As in NO seeding? That's an awful idea. It will result in people not getting the placement they deserve because the top players will eliminate each other early on.
I agree with most points that bluezaft pointed out.

But in actuality, I've just been bored due to lack of SA monthlies, and I'm getting restless just pounding on my friends all week.

Anything will do.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can't be retired from a game >_>...That's ********. You never got payed to play it >_>. It wasn't a career.

Anyways!

Espy team with meeee!!!

Mr.C

Smash Master
Lol retired can be used in a lot of different ways....to sum things up retirement pretty much means to withdrawal from something regardless of pay or it being a career.

but anyways bona fide loving is a bamfing song

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ahaha pwnzord
Not really considering if you ever play the game again then you come out of this so called "retirement".

Also;

re·tire /rɪˈtaɪər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-tahyuhr] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -tired, -tir·ing, noun
–verb (used without object)
1. to withdraw, or go away or apart, to a place of privacy, shelter, or seclusion: He retired to his study.
2. to go to bed: He retired at midnight.
3. to withdraw from office, business, or active life, usually because of age: to retire at the age of sixty.
4. to fall back or retreat in an orderly fashion and according to plan, as from battle, an untenable position, danger, etc.
5. to withdraw or remove oneself: After announcing the guests, the butler retired.
–verb (used with object)
6. to withdraw from circulation by taking up and paying, as bonds, bills, etc.; redeem.
7. to withdraw or lead back (troops, ships, etc.), as from battle or danger; retreat.
8. to remove from active service or the usual field of activity, as an army officer or business executive.
9. to withdraw (a machine, ship, etc.) permanently from its normal service, usually for scrapping; take out of use.
10. Sports. to put out (a batter, side, etc.).
–noun Literary.
11. a place of withdrawal; retreat: a cool retire from summer's heat.
12. retirement or withdrawal, as from worldly matters or the company of others.
[Origin: 1525–35; < MF retirer to withdraw, equiv. to re- re- + tirer to draw]

None of those definitions would make sense if you "retired" from smash. So my point still stands :). <3

bluezaft

The True Zaft
What do you mean it doesn't make sense? Do you know what "withdraw" means?

Even so, he's using "retire" in a way commonly used by many people and understood by all, and it's that common acceptance that makes it a word. The dictionary isn't a rulebook of what gets to be a word, the dictionary just keeps track of words.

And even if you deny that, it can still be called slang. It would be like if every time you said "johns" someone would pop up going "What? There is no person here named John. Who are you referring to!? I don't understand!"

Masterer Betty

Smash Journeyman
By retirement I mean being retired from the pro circuit. the last major tourney I entered was TGA'05.

Drew fu and your one-line post garbage you know that **** is stupid as hell

tsetse

Smash Lord
San antonio sux but the valley may show up to your silly little tourney......

Valley can show up and crew battle san antonio also....... Actually valley will show up in full force if SAK can gaurantee housing and if the crew battles take precedence over teams. Too many times crew battles are set aside and not played so teams can happen.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
God, you people won't let me have fun.

Remember that I am from Gamefaqs. I was just giving betty a hard time XD.

But yeah.

<3.

Velox

Smash Ace
Wes stopped taking the game seriously?

Biggest shame in smash history.

Part of me has died today hearing that.

I think I quit too then.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
I was looking at Betty's avatar, and I thought, "man, I don't know what that is." Also, I associate an avatar to how I think of someone. Like I think of Hylian as a poofy little guy who sucks things into him. It's odd how my mind works.

Anyways. It got me to thinking.

Why the hell don't we have a Betty Avatar?

Masterer Betty

Smash Journeyman
I was looking at Betty's avatar, and I thought, "man, I don't know what that is." Also, I associate an avatar to how I think of someone. Like I think of Hylian as a poofy little guy who sucks things into him. It's odd how my mind works.

Anyways. It got me to thinking.

Why the hell don't we have a Betty Avatar?
Well noober the guy in my avatar is Todo from Art of Fighting series a branch game of SNK. It was the least gay avatar that I could find among the plethora of noobtastic avatars . It will easily be replaced by when the lazy *** people who make avatars for smashboards make a American Flag avatar

Remember that I am from Gamefaqs
Now I know you a noob

I hand out spam warnings like candy and you guys still keep at it :(

Maybe this thread is just hopeless...
But the "One-Line Post" infraction? I've been banned for better things youz a noob make a american flag avatar

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Betty: Would you have preferred spam? I thought that one was getting old so I tried out a new one. I mean it was a one-line post of spam so either could've worked.

Last I checked this thread was supposed to be about a tournament in November... kinda hard to tell though with all that Waco vs. SA stupidity, Hylian trying to define the word "retire", and Betty complaining about avatars and me yet again...

Wanna just remake the thread King Mosquito and we can try to forget that 90% of this ever happened?

Masterer Betty

Smash Journeyman
Betty: Would you have preferred spam? I thought that one was getting old so I tried out a new one. I mean it was a one-line post of spam so either could've worked.

Last I checked this thread was supposed to be about a tournament in November... kinda hard to tell though with all that Waco vs. SA stupidity, Hylian trying to define the word "retire", and Betty complaining about avatars and me yet again...

Wanna just remake the thread King Mosquito and we can try to forget that 90% of this ever happened?
ahha nothing but the double dose of spam and one-liner infraction.

If you gonna remake a thread might as well be Teh Betty thread technically that is where it all started.

I will continue to complain about the avatar. you can easily replace one of the many stupid *** ones there and remake it.

You aren't a nazi are you?

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
this is still about the tourney drew, but since we can't make topics about spam we just chat here. Unless we can make a Texas thread it will continue!!!

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I'll have to agree with Wombat on that one, but thanks drew for closing the voting thread. If taylor replied, it truly was hopeless

BTW, I know you're tempted to close this one, but in the back of your mine, you're like "dammit, it's a real tournament. Even the mods would give me a funny look"

<3 Drew for never marking me (i think) and no <3 for B-will, who marks me for "**** talk" while completely ignoring Jesus Freak following up with real **** talk (he said for no real reason Kyle you'll never make the power rankings......) and he has no place in the Arizona power ranking thread. I was saying hey to someone I played at OC2.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
ahha nothing but the double dose of spam and one-liner infraction.

If you gonna remake a thread might as well be Teh Betty thread technically that is where it all started.

I will continue to complain about the avatar. you can easily replace one of the many stupid *** ones there and remake it.

You aren't a nazi are you?
he does make a good point. why isnt there an american flag avatar but yet there's a canadian one?!?!? sorry to contribute to spam. but this boggles my mind.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you want an American flag avatar so badly you could just get a premium account which allows you to add a custom avatar...

Or you could make an avatar and submit it to an admin or something, they might actually be able to do something, I'm just a lowly regional mod; I can't add avatars. Complaining to me will get you nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom