• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100% Juice - The best things in life are free.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Uh, FFXIII is good. I'm glad they made the design decisions that people were *****ing about. Anyone judging the game before playing it is foolish.

Allied

Smash Master
Uh, FFXIII is good. I'm glad they made the design decisions that people were *****ing about. Anyone judging the game before playing it is foolish.
What are some basic complaints so far? i'd really like to get it

btw i <333 playing people on free chat

they think my snake is GOD status LOL and they think i'm ally too goods

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
What are some basic complaints so far? i'd really like to get it
1. Linear
2. Lack of towns
3. Auto-healed after every battle
4. Spells cost no mana
5. When you die, you reload from the zone entrance, not a save point.

Once you play the game, you realize why the game plays the way it does. The game mechanics are more modern, and speed up the action significantly. The complaints are not legit. This game is not supposed to play like a traditional RPG. The battle system is fantastic.

Allied

Smash Master
definitally a look forward to also i would like to congratuately dmbrandon + shadow once again for being apart of VvV however its still not down and out for the rest of us i sent out applications right now however

i would fully suggestion Atomsk + Zucco applying as a team to VvV for traveling as well

lets hope i can an email back soon!!

juiceee!!! :D

bajisci

Smash Ace
1. Linear
2. Lack of towns
3. Auto-healed after every battle
4. Spells cost no mana
5. When you die, you reload from the zone entrance, not a save point.

Once you play the game, you realize why the game plays the way it does. The game mechanics are more modern, and speed up the action significantly. The complaints are not legit. This game is not supposed to play like a traditional RPG. The battle system is fantastic.
dont get me wrong i am enjoying the game, story is great and the battle system, by itself, is fantastic and im about 7 hours in but How are the complaints not legit? minus lack of mana. Casualized to hell = modern? 2 equip slots. there are only 2 stats! i dont even mind lack of towns or how linear it is but its the most dumb downed rpg ive ever played when it comes down to it. and potion healing the whole party for 150 made me rage

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
dont get me wrong i am enjoying the game, story is great and the battle system, by itself, is fantastic but How are the complaints not legit? minus lack of mana. Casualized to hell = modern? 2 equip slots. there are only 2 stats! i dont even mind lack of towns or how linear it is but its the most dumb downed rpg ive ever played when it comes down to it. and potion healing the whole party for 150 made me rage
You're complaining about equipment slots? Seriously? Most Final Fantasies only give you 1-4 equip slots anyway(you only get ONE equipment slot in FFVIII). Who cares? Being able to equip a helmet in FFIX does not increase my enjoyment of the game.

3 stats (HP), again, who cares? You don't need Spirit(magic defense) and Vitality(defense), when HP does exactly the same thing; increase a characters survivability. Luck has always been a stupid stat, and you don't need it in XIII, since instead of crit, you stagger the enemies; more realistic. Critting is an outdated concept. Why would I randomly deal double damage? Speed is also another stupid, outdated mechanic. It has never been a well balanced stat in a Final Fantasy.

AoE potion was kinda rage-worthy, but I guarantee you will need this kind of healing for difficult fights.

I'm glad they are moving away from traditional mechanics, and I would have raged if it played like the older games in this series. I like new games, not rehashes.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i just got done playing it. its really good. cyan prolly is just too used to his rpg, it seems like u play a lot. he doesnt want anything innovative, he wants his towns to explore, the same 5 stats str dex, vit, int w.e

lol i like it all. the cutscenes are bootyfull

Zucco

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk6e8al-mHQ the battle theme in FF13 is so good!

As for signing up with trevor, im not so sure. As much as I love teaming with him, he's going to be with Lee Martin for MLG(both most likely) and Apex. I have no problem with this at all but the thing is, I dont see a point in signing us up when 1. hes going to have a different partner for major events and 2. hes moving to Norcal pretty soon anyway.

bajisci

Smash Ace
omg the cgi and cutscenes are gorgeous, this games eye candy is great, hp does not do exactly the same thing. magic defense and defense provided strategy to the game, for example if a boss used mostly magic attacks maybe ud stack gear for magic defense. i haven't played any hard fights yet but i don't see why potion is even needed, just have a medic (WTF ITS A ****ING WHITE MAGE UGH) and just spam cure forever since theres no mp to limit it. They can move away from traditional mechanics without dumbing it down to oblivion.

and you know they definitely changed the names of classes because us stupid americans that only play fps's would rather have names that relate to them

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk6e8al-mHQ the battle theme in FF13 is so good!

As for signing up with trevor, im not so sure. As much as I love teaming with him, he's going to be with Lee Martin for MLG(both most likely) and Apex. I have no problem with this at all but the thing is, I dont see a point in signing us up when 1. hes going to have a different partner for major events and 2. hes moving to Norcal pretty soon anyway.
:( I'm gonna try and move after Apex. I need to make more money. I wouldn't mind being sponsored though.

Also Lee can't go to Ohio from what I've heard.

Allied

Smash Master
i mean you guys definitally discuss it out hopfully something we can all do together comes along but i wouldn't want you guys to hold each other back :D

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
omg the cgi and cutscenes are gorgeous, this games eye candy is great, hp does not do exactly the same thing. magic defense and defense provided strategy to the game, for example if a boss used mostly magic attacks maybe ud stack gear for magic defense. i haven't played any hard fights yet but i don't see why potion is even needed, just have a medic (WTF ITS A ****ING WHITE MAGE UGH) and just spam cure forever since theres no mp to limit it. They can move away from traditional mechanics without dumbing it down to oblivion.

and you know they definitely changed the names of classes because us stupid americans that only play fps's would rather have names that relate to them
Uh, there's equipment and abilities that increase your resistance to magic/elements. Yes, your medic can spam Cure, like in every FF, because MP is almost never an issue anyway.

Allied

Smash Master
Uh, there's equipment and abilities that increase your resistance to magic/elements. Yes, your medic can spam Cure, like in every FF, because MP is almost never an issue anyway.
Not nesscarily true i mean towards end game yeah you could say that but you still had to keep a watch on MP

i'm not liking what i'm hearing so far but who knows maybe i'll like it but honestly thats why i'm hating new generation games they are dumbing it down too hard core

bajisci

Smash Ace
mp never an issue? when ur in a long dungeon first half of most FFs ethers are incredibly scarce and using cure was after potions. since ur mp didnt regain til a save point or an inn

i'm not liking what i'm hearing so far but who knows maybe i'll like it but honestly thats why i'm hating new generation games they are dumbing it down too hard core
qft

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
mp never an issue? when ur in a long dungeon first half of most FFs ethers are incredibly scarce and using cure was after potions. since ur mp didnt regain til a save point or an inn
I don't recall being overly-concerned with MP (for the healer) in FFVI-XII. Haven't played the others in awhile. Spamming Cure and Attack is not an uncommon strategy in the FF series, nor is it difficult to maintain.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Bajisci, you said you like FFIX a while back.

Maybe you'd be ok with XIII playing like IX, but personally, even though I enjoyed IX for it's time, i'd be pissed if newer FFs played anything like it, because I now find that game slow-paced, boring and unplayable. Old-school concepts/mechanics can eat a ****.

I value games for what they have, not for what they lack. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, that I can cast cure for free, and i've been playing RPGs for almost two decades. Sorry?

bajisci

Smash Ace
Bajisci, you said you like FFIX a while back.

Maybe you'd be ok with XIII playing like IX, but personally, even though I enjoyed IX for it's time, i'd be pissed if newer FFs played anything like it, because I now find that game slow-paced, boring and unplayable. Old-school concepts/mechanics can eat a ****.
You're misunderstanding me! i love the new battle system paradigm shift is really cool! i am all for changing the mechanics thats fine im just mad that they dumbed it down so much. saying having a wide variety of stats is old school and having only 3 so that they pretty much dont matter being modern is silly.

they could have maintained this cool new battle system while still having mana, more stats, more FF style, while linear and no towns is lame its not what bothers me (as much) nor is not controlling ur party members, although i dont see why they couldnt have just made it an option.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I agree to disagree. The exclusion of those other stats simply don't bother me at all. Not sure what else to say.

bajisci

Smash Ace
I agree to disagree. The exclusion of those other stats simply don't bother me at all. Not sure what else to say.
very well i respect your opinion no hard feelings :D

one last thing ;p using items should use up atb

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I was thinking that too at first, but figured that Items not using ATB will be useful for tough fights. Especially if your medic gets silenced/killed.

bajisci

Smash Ace
I was thinking that too at first, but figured that Items not using ATB will be useful for tough fights.
surprisngly, one of the cons of the game in gamepro is that one of the bosses is way too hard, im really intrigued by this and look forward to that fight.. seymour from ff10 status?!?

edit: sazhs hair physics are hilarius, his fro twitches weirdly in wind, quite amusing.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Hopefully, I like tough fights.

Edit: Yup, the afro-physics are pretty sexy. Dude's afro stays perfectly shaped, regardless of the situation.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
my friend played all day while i was in school, he said he literally faught this boss for 2.4 HOURS. im like bro ur prolly doing it wrong , or not using the right tactics, since hes not a good gamer. but he said nope he got 4 stars after the fight so maybe it actually was that hard O_O

the game is really hawt to watch i just wish i was more integrated into the match maybe let me move around and have to be in rage to hit ?. what games need to do now instead of making them playable by idiot adults and little kids

1== let u play the campaign/story with online friends. ANYONE whos played tales of symphonia knows what im talking about. having a real person fight in ur party is hella fun. i have no idea why more games never did this
2==always give the choice of easy mode for ppl to just click one button to finish the game or make it hard as hell with complex systems

Snakeee

Smash Master
Yeahhh, I loved the Tales series for the co-op play. Soooo much fun, but it's hard to find four friends from the same area that will all play it at the same time :ohwell:. Having an online function for that would take care of this though. It'd also be nice to have them be able to have some sort of control while the main player is going through the story (maybe allow them to open treasures).

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Worst character ever. They were smoking + inhaling some unheard of **** when they invented this character.

Watch him be top tier. Hakan dittos in grand finals, bro! Let's go.

Top Bottom