• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100% Juice - The best things in life are free.

Allied

Smash Master
Ah definitally getting really good with my nerves i did a wifi tournament today and i got 2nd place which i actually should of won because i went kirby vs this kids snake in CA in grand finals and i lost 3-1 because i kept landing into stuff because litterally ask Almo (He got 3rd) THE CONNECTION WAS DISCUSTING lmao the 1 game that i won i actually 2 stocked him so i'm a little confident now in the snake matchup i just time snakes out

Also on saturday i got 1st on some wifi tournament along with friday me getting 3rd!

however definitally has helped my tournament nerves alot doom i would definitally suggest some online tournaments maybe that'll help?

btw me and vex beat heavy rain playing it 16+ hours straight

get @ us

btw wassup rapture glad ur on smashboards

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
btw wassup rapture glad ur on smashboards
Hah, yeah I sort of lurk and post at limited intervals since I don't think I'm good enough to formulate opinions on things. Threads like these seem fine, though.

Allied

Smash Master
you'll notice once u start meeting people out of region and stuff everyone is mad friendly too i wouldn't be so quick to post your opinion though your right alot of people don't respect different opinions which is sad but they will respect a well thought out educated opinion

watch out for probanners though

they will mindwash you =( to basically quitting this game!!!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Well, if I were going to quit the game, I would have already. I've gotten a lot of bs for maining Pokemon Trainer, lol.

Allied

Smash Master
Well, if I were going to quit the game, I would have already. I've gotten a lot of bs for maining Pokemon Trainer, lol.
yeah yo go with what you feel like going!

i got bs too for maining kirby

! but no one messes with me now ;]

btw anyone get the prices yet for MLG orlando plane tickets

btw for everyone go PLEASE at 7pm on wednesday(?) get your passes i heard they are SELLING OUT QUICK

just a warning would hate to see anyone want to go last minute and realize they can't because of something stupid like

getting passes

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Yeah, MLG passes sell out pretty quickly, and especially with this first Brawl event, they'll be going like...*cringes*...hotcakes.

Every game has. Except Gears. Gears 2 at Anaheim last year was...just...bad.

But yeah, make sure peeps go. I'll be attending the northeast event (Meadowlands/NYC/Boston). Though it'll be the 3rd, 4th, or 5th event in the season, it'll still be worth going. Plus, I'll hope to get some seeding points on an online qualifier anyways.

Allied

Smash Master
yeah definitally hit up some online tournaments rapture great learning experience i'm doing one today at 6pm its a singles tourny

and yeah i remember gears2 last year LOL oh well better luck for gears 3 when it comes out hope its legit

online qualifers better be legit!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
yeah definitally hit up some online tournaments rapture great learning experience i'm doing one today at 6pm its a singles tourny

and yeah i remember gears2 last year LOL oh well better luck for gears 3 when it comes out hope its legit

online qualifers better be legit!
I've been checking out the online tournaments listing here, but that's the only place I truly know where to look. Though those are like multi-week endeavors.

The qualifiers should be fine, but they won't be that influential as they were in others. Actually, they really end up being not influential at all. Top teams never play on them (if they do, it's extremely rare) and it's almost not truly worth the effort unless you are really afraid of some random in the amateur bracket taking a higher seed than you.

It's even less influential since there isn't a huge, if any, host factor in Brawl like there is in FPS/3rd person shooters like Gears. In Gears, if you had the higher seed, you had host a majority of the time and therefore an easier matchup. In Brawl, not so much, so having the low seed doesn't necessarily mean defeat as it would in Gears.

Allied

Smash Master
yeah i used to hate enemy hosts on gears really was a pain but your right its sad though so see gears of the circuit i was really looking forward to hitting up free agents this season if brawl didnt make it and gears was on it again but it looks like thats not gonna happen xD oh well at least its not rainbow 2 vegas turnouts for that game always sucked xD

you should make an Allisbrawl.com account

They have Ranked matches, Casuals, 2v2 ladder, and Tournaments everyday

+ u can make friends there and make OH SO FUN BLOGS!!! (lol jk)

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
yeah i used to hate enemy hosts on gears really was a pain but your right its sad though so see gears of the circuit i was really looking forward to hitting up free agents this season if brawl didnt make it and gears was on it again but it looks like thats not gonna happen xD oh well at least its not rainbow 2 vegas turnouts for that game always sucked xD

you should make an Allisbrawl.com account

They have Ranked matches, Casuals, 2v2 ladder, and Tournaments everyday

+ u can make friends there and make OH SO FUN BLOGS!!! (lol jk)
I already have an AllisBrawl account. I didn't know of the daily tournaments, but I did know of the ladders. I'm 1-0 in singles, lol.

Allied

Smash Master
woot finally some videos of my snake

This was after polybrawl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qitHuF-6VmE

definitally been working hard on my snake in doubles

@rapture yeah i'll let you know or you can hit the tounrament tab and check the date and check if they are online or in person

danii = my girlfriends tag :3

i got double spiked at the end LOL

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I'll post some video of my PT and maybe I'll get some advice, lol.

I'm hoping to hit up some tournaments soon. Hoping to hit up some CT/MA/NY tournaments in the near future. Definitely the Long Island one on the 10th of April. F*** YEAH SEAKING or something.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
FFXIII is the most well balanced RPG i've ever played. From classes, spells and weapons, nearly all of it is useful from acquisition to post-game. I'm really impressed by how much thought they put into the game mechanics.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
ether i really need some help with ff13 LOL im totally doing the fighting wrong. i agree with u holy shttt the game is too good, the cut scenes are unebleivable especially the story cgi ones dam you can see ashy skin, veins, ect

im on ch like 7 with snow and hope and what classes did u max them out atm like honestly matches are taking me 5mins cuz im totally doing the senitel + hope healing and rav thing wrong

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
ether i really need some help with ff13 LOL im totally doing the fighting wrong. i agree with u holy shttt the game is too good, the cut scenes are unebleivable especially the story cgi ones dam you can see ashy skin, veins, ect

im on ch like 7 with snow and hope and what classes did u max them out atm like honestly matches are taking me 5mins cuz im totally doing the senitel + hope healing and rav thing wrong
I didn't play that part. Maybe ask Diem. My opinion: have Snow as a Commando for a bit, to speed up your damage output. You don't need a Sentinel 100% of the time, if the enemies damage output is manageable.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Just got back from disney. I had no computer for 5 days so what happened and what did I miss?

Allied

Smash Master
Everyones been playing FF

i got 3rd on a wifi tourny friday, 1st and saturday and 2nd on sunday for practice

and talk to lee martin

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
A lot of people say it's really good. I wouldn't know. I'm not much of a FF fan, to be honest.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Yeah so I think I need to make PT my secondary and someone else my main. Unless I suddenly get really good with all three Pokemon, I dunno how much farther I can get with him.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Yeah so I think I need to make PT my secondary and someone else my main. Unless I suddenly get really good with all three Pokemon, I dunno how much farther I can get with him.
Good idea, PT is a bad character, pick somebody thats A tier or up otherwise everything is a super uphill battle.

Allied

Smash Master
thats why i have snake and kirby now

imo play all the tournament viable characters and pick which one is the funniest thats why i picked snake

mad fun and hard to learn

@chibo alright may look at some gameplay videos first

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
allied get that ff13 BRAH IM TELLIN YA

wifi toon links piss me off DAMIT i went from 1950 to like 1800 what a fail

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Well, I haven't been doing too bad with PT really. I think I can get tournament successful with him, but it'll be extremely hard.

So, I'll be experimenting with some others. Maybe Wario or something. I used to play as Diddy, but I tried him again after putting him down for a while and it's just disgusting (in a bad way).

Allied

Smash Master
allied get that ff13 BRAH IM TELLIN YA

wifi toon links piss me off DAMIT i went from 1950 to like 1800 what a fail

dude friendly me hit me up on aim lol i want d3 practice and toon link and wifi is broken they all do the same thing

Throw stuff at you and you cant powershield until your at like 200% (for my snake at least) then they just kill spamming kill moves until one of them lands on me LOL

mad annoying xD but i got that matchup down!! JASH COME AND GET IT!!!

Well, I haven't been doing too bad with PT really. I think I can get tournament successful with him, but it'll be extremely hard.

So, I'll be experimenting with some others. Maybe Wario or something. I used to play as Diddy, but I tried him again after putting him down for a while and it's just disgusting (in a bad way).

you could but you will definitally hit a roadblock sooner or later i say either way go for it but dont be afraid to pick up a high tier xD wario is really fun too i have a pocket wario for just in case matches where i feel i can use him

btw im gonna use charizard in tournament gonna be great

Top Bottom