• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/20 MD/VA C3 Presents: A Tournament in October *update 10/03*

Fonz

Smash Ace
hmmm

first quarter 60 yard passing play, they dont seem to be having too much trouble to me.

<3
Packers threw for 169 and ran for 56. Hardly an offensive display. That weak tackle by Rogers cost us what would have been only a decent gain. Offense killed us, more dropped passes than I can count and 1 huge fumble by Moss (Portis' fumble should have been huge).

Favre: 0TD 2INT

That simultaneous catch would have put the Redskins in scoring range, so I think that makes up for the failed force out call.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
redskins just played downright despicable in the 2nd half, no excuse for that ****. however, i give absolutely no credit to favre or the pack, as the game was literally handed to them. taylor shouldve had 4 picks and TD

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I was definitely impressed with Redskins the first half; second half was ********. Expected more from Favre. I know he tends to put up more points earlier in the season and slows down dramatically after a few games, but it's too early for that right now.

17-21 Dallas.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
48-27 patriots ! wow T.O is no where near Moss level =P

Goos **** Patriots i knew moss would find a good home after being with the vikings for a good amount

Omni

BRoomer
the patriots o-line is far too good
Agreed.

Brady always has plenty of time to sit in the pocket and choose the best route. Even against Dallas' Blitz defense, hardly was there any pressure given to Brady. I can only recall a roughing the passer flag and Brady scrambling for a 3-yard first down on 3rd and 3. Not only that, but their I-Form running game is on par for a team that's supposedly all passing. Lastly, their receivers all have one very important factor: speed. With all of their receives executing well-timed and paced routes and Brady's ability to put the football well ahead of any covering cornerbacks, it makes sense why they're such a high-scoring team. After the second half, Dallas was more concerned with those 30+ pass attempts to Moss allowing Brady to slowly work his way down the field with quick passes to the outside from the snap, nice play actions that works against the Dallas blitz defense, and of course an on par running game.

They're just too solid; Romo doesn't have enough experience to make those quick and smart pass choices like Brady to match the Patriots passing game. The first half was definitely exciting and intense, but 2nd half just showed how powerful the Patriots offense really is.

I love football. 5-1 is still dope considering we lost to the best team in the NFL. As much as I dislike the Redskins and I bash them just because the sake of bashing, they played horribly against Green Bay. I didn't watch the whole game, but the number of incomplete passes I kept hearing were silly.

*On Topic:* I may not come to this anymore. ACC 101 is beating me up.

Omni

BRoomer
48-27 patriots ! wow T.O is no where near Moss level =P
Uh, what are you talking about? Moss didn't put up any big numbers this game; neither did T.O. but that's common, especially in a high-level game like Patriots vs. Cowboys. Both Moss and T.O. are signature receivers. They:

1.) Force the defense to double team them usually allowing the 2nd strongest receiver to be more available. Hence Brady's ability to work himself down the field with short passes and Romo's unusually high pass completion % for an early starting season.

2.) Clutch. A defense can't always have a two-man team against Ross or T.O. so it's the offense cordinator's job to decide when is the right time to clutch based off how Dallas defense cordinator is reacting to their passing game.

Anyway, both T.O. and Ross are equally outstanding.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Packers threw for 169 and ran for 56. Hardly an offensive display. That weak tackle by Rogers cost us what would have been only a decent gain. Offense killed us, more dropped passes than I can count and 1 huge fumble by Moss (Portis' fumble should have been huge).

Favre: 0TD 2INT

That simultaneous catch would have put the Redskins in scoring range, so I think that makes up for the failed force out call.
oh ok

who won?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i request a mass group shoutout to GAWes filmed @ this ;-;

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
dude
dont worry about it

12-0 BEER PONG FOR THE NIGHT WORD?????

any1 who wants to come chill at the apartmentever let me know

Repryx

Smash Champion
Im so Happy I get to return to tourneys...Im gonna need a job...so If you dont already have an appointment...dont request a MM @ the venue from me cuz its easy money...

Repryx

Smash Champion
money matches anyone? I'll play friendlies with ppl too if they don't want to MM.
I accept your totally not Directed towards me challenge to a serious friendly PC all you have to do is remember my name...Ill find you

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
This tourny seems a bit big for me, but I'll come anyway, try to get better and all that junk...Also, is it just me, or is this thread so long because it's full of irrelevant posts? o_o

Talk about football elsewhere people...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
This tourny seems a bit big for me, but I'll come anyway, try to get better and all that junk...Also, is it just me, or is this thread so long because it's full of irrelevant posts? o_o

Talk about football elsewhere people...
the packers are 5-1 and also the best team in the NFL besides the patriots.

god i hate the patriots

Fonz

Smash Ace
The Pats smallest margin of victory so far this season has been 17. Against an 0-6 team that seems like a pretty low spread. And Jon, what about the Colts? I think a handful of other teams are better than the Packers, but the Colts are the obvious choice.

Top Bottom