• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/20 MD/VA C3 Presents: A Tournament in October *update 10/03*

aho43

Smash Lord
Date: Saturday, October 20

Go here and leave a comment if you're planning on attending, and anyone you're definitely coming with(you don't have to register, just need a valid e-mail address.)

I just want people to pre-register for purpose of creating pools and making sure people travelling together and in the same crew/state/region don't end up in the same pool. Plus everything will be much smoother if I can have most of pools already made up before the tourney.

If you don't pre-reg I'll still be able to add you so don't worry. Also this will give me sort of an idea of how many people to expect.

-----

Ashburn, VA 20147

Events:
Smash Singles/Doubles
Possibly other fighters(i’m not in charge of any of these)

Entrance Fees:
$10 for singles
$10 per person for teams
$8 venue fee, venue fee includes a soda and a bag of chips

Teams will start between 12 and 1. Try to get there before 11:30 because registration takes some time.

-----------------------------------------

I really have no idea how the turnout will be for this one, as its only a month after a sort of big tourney. If the response to this thread is large, I can probably convince David(C3's owner) to put the other fighting games on a different day, as to alleviate the crowd.

This will probably be the last one I'm involved in as the main organizer.

There will be a lock-in for this the night before. $8 and it starts at 9pm.

-----------
The other dates for November and December Tournaments are:
11/10
12/1?
12/8?
12/22?
12/29?

What C3 is trying to do in December is do a large 2 day tournament. Melee would probably be the main event, probably Brawl as well, either as a "real" event, or a side event, depending on what the community conscensus is.

I guess the max number of attendees would be something like 200 people. There will be no other fighting games for the one in December.

This is something I probably won't be organizing myself, I'll certainly help, just don't want to be the head honcho so close to finals + Christmas time. However, I can pass on to David(c3 owner) what date would be best for everyone, and if there is interest. Let me know cuz its probably best to lock-up the date ASAP.

Either way there will be a tourney in December, just how big it is something else. If you guys want a 100+ person tourney me or someone else will put the thread up soon so people can start making plans.

---------------

Tin

Smash Journeyman
I can probably convince David(C3's owner) to put the other fighting games on a different day, as to alleviate the crowd.
Please do. Those Tekken players were ****ing obnoxious. I can barely hear my controllers click.

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
Unless something happens between now and then (don't say nothing will), I will be going. I'll bring the same stuff I brought to the last one. A cube, wii, and a television... I may also bring my own VCR this time and some tapes so I can get some of my own stuff recorded, and others as well if others want it... Someone else will have to upload the footage though.

Only Hope

Smash Rookie
I shoudl be able to come, unless i get loaded with school work. =\. ZM, i mgiht bring a tape or 2 to record, that ok?

I also agree with Tin, the tekken players wer loud, and it made it impossible to get around...

Aero

Smash Journeyman
i'll come and eat up smashers like a tyrannosaurus

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ron is too good

you did amazing at the tourney

i enjoyed playing ur pika, ill see you around.

*this was a drunk post, but it is still true. LOL

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
top placers at any given tournament usually post in the thread the least.

food for thought......
so if i stop posting i'll start winning?

posts D-(<_>)-G moneys

It's so hard to pick.

anyways, i think i'm actually not gonna spam until like the week before this (no not because of g-regs silly tidbit, i just prioritize the closest up coming thread). see ya at the next thread

MacKellarTeam1

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I'm new to this forum, but I do love super smash bros... and i think im good, i've never been beaten by anyone outside of my family and i've been all over the place looking. So i would LOVE to know where this tournament is and if i could join it.

Sliq

Smash Master
I might come if there can be some convincing of other MW people to go to this. I hope I don't have to drive again.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Hey guys I'm new to this forum, but I do love super smash bros... and i think im good, i've never been beaten by anyone outside of my family and i've been all over the place looking. So i would LOVE to know where this tournament is and if i could join it.
Yes you can go, it's in Ashburn, Va, and you will get *****. That is all.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I'll be there.

And maybe the Cowboys will have lost a game by then? Probably not.

(Superbowl Preview: Cowboys vs. Patriots after we destroy the Bills)

aho43

Smash Lord
I'll be there.

And maybe the Cowboys will have lost a game by then? Probably not.

(Superbowl Preview: Cowboys vs. Patriots after we destroy the Bills)
Bills are in the AFC you moron.

Edit: And why the hell would you pick the Bills to be in any Conference Championship Game, let alone the actual conference they belong to.

Edit2: Stop pretending like you know anything about football. thanks.

pockyD

Smash Legend
wtf

cowboys are playing the bills next week, then the patriots the week after

that wasn't hard to understand =\ why are you flying off the handle about it

aho43

Smash Lord
wtf

cowboys are playing the bills next week, then the patriots the week after

that wasn't hard to understand =\ why are you flying off the handle about it
cuz i hate the cowboys. and cuz omni dun gay. omni you're still a moron.

Top Bottom