• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/11 Gigabits Melee - Falling into Melee

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good. My actual tag is cultofrubik, not blankuser15. So yeah, junglefever, GodMeowMix, marth dittos. Since I'm not really much of a talker, I'll probably point out what I'll be wearing or something along those lines the day before or something to have some sort of identification. My Rubik's cube shirt was ruined. Stupid washing machine.

So um, speaking of school oriented crews, do we have enough people for a high school crew?

Raistlin

Smash Lord
High school crew would be all scrubs. You'd have people like Colbol, and Hungrybox....

Oh. ****.

Zoro

Smash Champion
you think these arnt going down but im going to make sure that if time allows these crew battles happen.

Wato vs everybody
Scrub Crew vs everybody
TnT vs everybody
Exarchs crew vs everybody

UF vs UCF
UF vs Valencia
UCF vs Valencia
High school vs UF, UCF and Valencia

Any more?

There will be one tv which i will bring which will begin crew battles immediately at 5 pm and someone should bring recording equipment. :) it makes things more fun

Zoro

Smash Champion
Do we have lists of who is [could be] in each crew?
Wato -Zoro,UUAA, Hiroshi, Hungrybox, Vericz
Scrub Crew -Gindler,Garbanzo, Finch, Afro, Queen, Rx
TnT -Skrach, Otru, Sheer, Dop, Colbol, Xyz
Exarchs crew- Exarch, HTG, Apollo, Proteus, Darksonic

UF -Rockcrock, Raistlin, Crispyone, Derf, josh (not sure who josh is)
Valencia-, Zoro, uuaa, hiroshi, vericz, xyz, reno, crom
UCF-sheer, otru, skrach, queen, proteus
High school -Hungrybox, colbol, COR, Marin, Linguini, Captain crunch

just for who COULD be on there

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Josh is harriet. Dark Sonic also goes to Valencia and leafgreen386 is in high school.

Jeez, any demographic crew could be a death pool, lol.

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
Wato -Zoro,UUAA, Hiroshi, Hungrybox, Vericz
Scrub Crew -Gindler,Garbanzo, Finch, Afro, Queen, Rx

UF -Rockcrock, Raistlin, Crispyone, Derf, josh (not sure who josh is)
Valencia-, Zoro, uuaa, hiroshi, vericz, xyz, reno, crom
UCF-sheer, otru, skrach, queen, proteus
High school -Hungrybox, colbol, COR, Marin, Linguini, Captain crunch

just for who COULD be on there
wtf? that bold kid isn't in my scrub crew

I should be on the ucf team so should that bold kid, and gindler, and finch

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Here is the Most Collective Version so to speak of Crew junk.

Wato -Zoro, UUAA, Hiroshi, Hungrybox, Vericz
Scrub Crew -Gindler, Garbanzo, Finch, Afro, Queen, Rx
Who Dropped the Q ball? = QDVS(Marth + Fox + ManSexy + Falco)
Otherwise known as the "
" Crew

U F - Rockcrock, Raistlin, Crispyone, Derf, HtG, Apollo
Valencia -, Zoro, uuaa, hiroshi, Vericz, xYz, Reno, Crom, Dark Sonic
UCF - sheer, Otru, Skrach, Queen, Proteus, Garbanzo, Gindler, Finch, Rx
High school -Hungrybox, colbol, cultofrubik, Marin, Linguini, Captain Crunch, leafgreen386
just for who COULD be on these

Cool stuff. We'll have to finalize all this of course as we get closer, as obviously the limiting factor would be the crew with the fewest peeps.:chuckle:

Gindler

Smash Champion
So...any idea when would these crew battles go on? before the tourney? between doubles and singles? after the tourney? or on some crazy random day for fun?

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Q: Iron man match. 5 v 5 characters. I'll be playing the first 5 on the tier list.

Also, if no one drives down from Gville, Josh might not be able to be in our crew. There is a very small chance that we could a replacement Josh, though.

Crews usually happen after the tournament. Time shouldn't be a issue with getting these done. Recording equipment would be good. I have a capture card and software associated with it, if anyone has a laptop they want to bring it could work. I have a desktop so it doesn't work too well for me. I figure I'll also bring my TV so the only thing we'd need to record would be a laptop with some extra space on the hard disk.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Q: Iron man match. 5 v 5 characters. I'll be playing the first 5 on the tier list.
I want in on this.

Marth, Roy, Link, Fox...I dunno Kirby? But anyway, I still want in on this. Ironman matches are too sexy.

edit:I'm in Exarch's crew. Wow...I actually feel kinda honored

Zoro

Smash Champion

Also, if no one drives down from Gville, Josh might not be able to be in our crew. There is a very small chance that we could a replacement Josh, though.

Crews usually happen after the tournament. Time shouldn't be a issue with getting these done. Recording equipment would be good. I have a capture card and software associated with it, if anyone has a laptop they want to bring it could work. I have a desktop so it doesn't work too well for me. I figure I'll also bring my TV so the only thing we'd need to record would be a laptop with some extra space on the hard disk.

Someone bring their laptop! F-zero...where are you

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
I'm still in high school :D

Maybe if I'm here for crews, we can assemble a crew of people from the Atlantic north.

crew can happen, but its up us to make sure they do.

edit: how about regional crews? Like SFL vs EFL, WFL.

sounds fun to me :)

exarch

doot doot doot
You need a 5th character Q!

Gabe: I'll use Peach Samus Ganon Roy and uhh M2 against that. (I feel like such a dirtbag for using the first 5 x.x)

I've only done one other Iron Man before, so it's still relatively new to me as well.

Also at this point I've officially planned on too many matches, so one or more of these will more than likely not happen.

LAPTOP!

OTRU...

Smash Champion
Nice! Im not gonna lie im kinda excited for crew battles, were gonna record all of them!

You should try to get fenrir back into melee cuz i think he still likes brawl

exarch

doot doot doot
If we've got 4 crews or more it would make the most sense to have 2 recording setups. I think we need to do round robins of WATO vs Scrub vs TNT vs Ex&co (although I suppose more appropriately it should be called CALUDAR+Exarch). We should MAKE SURE to get at least these done, because there's no guarentee UF crew will be there in full force. We can put off the school crews till next time. (Actually I think there's more a guarentee the UF crew will NOT be there in full force.)

2 setups are better because we've got 4 crews so we could have two crew battles going on at the same time, similar to FC style. Otherwise we've got to wait through the length of 6 crew battles, instead of 3. 20 stock crews take well over 10 minutes to do. I don't think we could get the full round robin of 4 done just doing one at a time (since it'd probably be close to an hour and 30 minutes to do.) 2 setups I think would work.

Also by having 2 crew matches going at the same time, 4 crews takes an equivalent amount of matches as 3 crews. But we need another recording setup, or we'd have to pick the ones to record. I suppose we'll just see how long the tournament goes and can judge from there, but we should have another recording setup just in case.

tl;dr- stop being lazy and read the stupid thing
----------------------
Joe:
As long as you don't mind uploading the matches afterwards, it might take a little editing to string clips together or cut them up (which you can do on a free program like Win Movie Maker.) It's also a relatively time consuming process. Otherwise it should work. I've never done it before like this (i'd use my own desktop here), but I can't think of anything that will slow us down. Assuming the lan center is a hot spot and has wireless in the building, there might be a certain movie recording program we'll need to DL, but the CD i think prompts it or has it actually on the CD. That's the only possible hangup I can think of. Also your laptop is PC right?

About Fenrir, from how I understand it, he just got tired of the Melee metagame. He plays Fox in brawl, which is a character that is really hard to lame out, (can't be CG'ed by DDD, is fast enough to punish tornado well etc.) so he hasn't become as frustrated with it as we have. He also feels like Melee is slower with regard to some specific things, an example being the two different shield games. And when it gets down to it he was tired of playing a character in melee which was so good like fox, when he could essentially play like masashi and be more effective than when he played like he enjoyed it (which was closer to the PC style fox than others).

That's a very basic (and probably relatively unfair) summary of the many hours i've spent trying to understand why he prefers brawl over melee. On top of that he's been around the boards more than a year longer than I have, so he legitimately got tired of the game. I don't agree with him, but I get his perspective. Sort of.

skrach8

Smash Lord
thomas pull him out, im tired of melee as well, but after playin brawl, melee is a god send.

his reasons for loving brawl have no substance in this thread.

Bring the kid back.

im guessing he could use a little practice.

Frames

DI
crewwwwwwws truuuu i wanna be on a crew hahaha i go to valencia but technically i still go to ucf too

edit- man i wish PK was here for this one :(

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
Sweeeeeet, looking forward to crews. And I want lots of friendlies with Exarch, Q, anyone else that's fun to play and usually beats me.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Hey everyone, I just wanted to drop in and make a brief announcement regarding the future of Smashboards. As some of you are already aware, Major League Gaming Inc has acquired Smashboards.com. Throughout the history of the competitive Smash community, MLG has been one of the very few companies that has embraced and supported competitive Smash -- from the 2004-2006 Pro Circuit and the 2007 Smash Series, to the video/content coverage and tens of thousands of dollars in prizes, MLG has long been a part of the competitive Smash scene and has always upheld its values and traditions. It’s something I can say I have been proud to be a part of.

-swf

Top Bottom