• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Yeah...that is why I work there. They got good burgers.

If peoples sources are correct, I will get my news tonight.

How do you work here?

I double posted-again! (Da** It!)

S***. How do u quote while editing ur messages????

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Of course it makes sense not to update it at midnight JST. It also makes sense that people were expecting it to update at midnight JST because the counter had been updated at midnight JST, hence the confusion. Everyone makes sense so everyone is happy, yay.

p.s. poop
Was just trying to show why it made more sense for the site to be released noon their time rather than midnight their time. Maybe I should have done it in a non-*******ish manner

http://fazed.net/video/view/?id=659

I guarentee if you liked/played the original mario for nintendo, you'll find this video hilarious

P.S This video will make 25 minutes go by like a snap.

Finigin

Smash Cadet

I guarentee if you liked/played the original mario for nintendo, you'll find this video hilarious

lmao I saw that video awhile back! XD I'll watch it again, though. Waiting is a *****. <.<

So, it'll be this evening? <.< Maybe we should all do something else instead of sitting here refreshing the page. D: lol Who am I kidding? o.o

@Mike - I think it is 11PM on the east coast.

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
I think they DO l-cancel in real life. Hold on to your seat folks, the big N is going to blow our brains out of the water. ( I hope)

One more day!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Was just trying to show why it made more sense for the site to be released noon their time rather than midnight their time. Maybe I should have done it in a non-*******ish manner

Love the video. I remember those grueling challenges though...good times.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7VB-Nrh3hs

That's a pretty funny video to watch, especially with parts 2 and 3. I used to have the URL for the original videos without the voice overs, but tuduo seems to have asploded. They had a bunch of other cool mods (equally as hard).

Anyway, it's the only way to pass the time. *sigh*
Already beat you to it, check out my previous post xD

The one i posted is the full one, and the sound isn't off either. I found that youtube one first, then the better google one.

Anyways, how many times has this thread changed subject by now :(

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
...heh...
Calm down people. We have waited this long and it is almost here to have Falco announced back in. Just stop p*****g yourselfs. *pants are wet and feet are shaking*

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
You know, if Sakurai hadn't made this aweful decision for a Noon launch rather than a midnight one, we would all be much happier now. I mean think of how many smash fans will be in work or school at this time. I bet there would of been more online at midnight than at noon. Espically when you consider he has now allienated Europe with this idea.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Don't worry,I took care of that for you already.
*Comes in sipping sprite* This is great news. Info WILL be released at 11:00 PM or little bit later depending on when Sakurai accepts the sacrifice. With this revelation, I can wait. :) :) :)

Special thanks Eternal phoenix Fire for tying my loose ends. ;)

Now all I need to do is to decide what to spend my wii points on. hmmmmmmm

Keige

Smash Journeyman
HOLY CRAP! Almost 50 pages in one day! I was on page 108 last night and now it's at 149! I hope I didn't miss anything important. And at least Opening Today is better than a giant flaming zero.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
god, this topic already gained 29 or so posts after I went to school?
AND we've already broken the record for most users online?
danm, people are really excited for this 0_0(including me of course :p)
just playing some melee to pass the time......
why cant 11:00 get here faster!!!!! D:<

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
you took the words right outta my mouth

...hmm...some melee sounds good right now.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I am playing Metroid Prime 2. Good game, but harder than the original. Definitely good because of the challenge, but also bad because I have to go all over the place.

Where is the super bomb? :mad: :mad: :mad: Noboby answer this, I do not want spoilers. :p

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
EVERYONE SHOULD NOTE:

You are all assuming that the update will hit at noon--the original quote has been lost in all this rumoring. What the people who translated actually said (and this is a close approximation as several similar translations have popped up):

"The official site will return in the afternoon of May 22"

Note the operative segment"AFTER" in the word AFTERnoon.

The update could literally come any time AFTER noon in Japan, which means 8:01 PM Pacific/ 11:01 Eastern is the ABSOLUTE EARLIEST that the update will show up. Everyone's getting way ahead of themselves here.

Finigin

Smash Cadet
http://www.vid2c.com/tv-shows/monty-python-s-flying-circus/

If you like Monty Python, there is a nice collection of skit from the show at that site. Good to pass the time with. :D

It's cool that MP3 is coming out this summer... Mmmm... maybe SSBB will, too? O.o I know they didn't announce it, but as someone said (in this thread or maybe the sticky) the site isn't even open yet, and they want it to be a surprise. XD

EDIT: CaptainCC is right, guys. It'll be late this evening or late tonight until we get it.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Whoa!!!! I just realized that around two hours ago we just broke a new record for most people being online! at this rate when the site opens both this one and the brawl site might crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom