• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
We should burn this thread and make a new one that only members that have been here for more than a month can post

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Can someone tell me why this topic is about a spam fulfilled noob thing and not spectulation and thoughts on the Countdown?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
this "war" is about all these new people that are"n00bs" that are joining our board and are coming to spam random question everywhere on this thread that has nothing do with the countdown.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The noobs are already invading!

If Ridley is confirmed i will be very happy, but i think they are either confirming sonic or balloon fighter...Hopefully a release date though (i am hoping for June)

Edit: the 1 is red!

Vali

Smash Ace
We should burn this thread and make a new one that only members that have been here for more than a month can post
That hurts :( I'm willing to take one for the team though if it'd rid SWF of the spammers :laugh:

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised, alot of people think there dream characters will show up tomorrow.
Especially since people would complain about being spoiled from a New character.

But neverless they will show a old character tomorrow, which I can guarantee that.
My hope is that they show a few of the old ones returning, and maybe one new. Obviously I would hope they shared a bit more information for a 7 day overhaul of the site, but I think that part was just to raise anticipation and spread the word that "OMG DA SMASH $ITE IS |_|DATING MAN!!11." Dear god, I hope ness is in this game.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Loooni. Stop askign questions that have been answered or that are just plain common knowledge--like the Peach thing. Go Nintendo said this in their podcast this morning:

"If we're taking the rumors that we hear, we should get a firm release date on the day that the site launches, and as well probably a new trailer, screenshots and character confirmations."

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I can't wait. I'm definitely checking the site tomorrow morning during my computer class (which our class gotten so far ahead, we have nothing left to do for the rest of the year lol)

Loooooni

Smash Ace
Stuck in the 4th dungeon of twilight princess
Loooni. Stop askign questions that have been answered or that are just plain common knowledge--like the Peach thing. Go Nintendo said this in their podcast this morning:

"If we're taking the rumors that we hear, we should get a firm release date on the day that the site launches, and as well probably a new trailer, screenshots and character confirmations."
Im sorry i didn't see that i was just wondering if they would

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
that's not fair maby there may be some noobs here but there are also serieus people like me that want to talk about the countdown serieusly but I don't think it matters now because this thread will soon be closed because the news is out if it is news you'll never know
Don't you see its only the beginning?

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, they could give a release date, they could not. He could pull his "I'm releaseing x character/s for x amount of weeks/months" again. Depending if he does this, and how many characters are released and in the game, it could be a bit before it gets released.

On the optimistic side, he could release everything tomorrow and say "games out on thursday"
Yea...maybe not. But it could happen!

Finigin

Smash Cadet
Yah, it always seems that the n00bs come out when there is going to be a big announcement. <.<

Anyway, the release date would be awesome. :D I hope they have a trailer with some new stages and maybe even a few characters. XD With over 50 characters, they should tell us a few I'd think... O.o

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
oh my god i dont usually post in these threads but im so excitied right now... i hope whatver they do they tell us what new playable pokemon character(s) are in the game! i hope they go the old school route and just add some of the newer ones to the pokeballs

Fawriel

Smash Master
Anyway, the release date would be awesome. :D I hope they have a trailer with some new stages and maybe even a few characters. XD With over 50 characters, they should tell us a few I'd think... O.o
Uhm... the interview said NO MORE THAN 50 characters... which still lets you assume that the number might at least get close, though.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
looooooni, you give noobs a bad name
even though this is mainly a hype thread you are mainly asking already answered questions
read the whole thread before posting (but for this one the last few pages is probably fine because it is so long)

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
All these people are getting all excited to see these abjectly obscure or unlikely third party characters and it's just beyond my comprehension. I don't think it's goign to get much crazier than having Snake in there. I would have called someone a moron for saying Snake had a chance of being in there, but Kojima has a good relationship w/Sakurai, so that makes it more feasible. Give me a break though--do you really think some of these worthless FF characters will be in, or any of the other idiotic characters I've heard.

Realistically, I think Sonic has the best chance of getting in there. There's too much red tape involved to get any more characters than that. If they decided to get a Capcom character, I would put my money on MegaMan, or maybe Ryu since both would easily fit the mold.

If they put anyone more random than Snake in there, I'll be impressed.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
What if he did pull an Apple on us and announced the game is coming out on Wednesday? That would be awesome for it to come out on my last day of school. But wouldn't retailers already know or would they get the game the day before or something?
Ah well, I'll just have to wait for tomorrow.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
im sorry i ever came on this thing. i just wanted 2 make friends....who love ssb like i do, instead of hearing"omg, hes a noob, get em'!" so plz, spread love, not hate.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
I dunno, they could give a release date, they could not. He could pull his "I'm releaseing x character/s for x amount of weeks/months" again. Depending if he does this, and how many characters are released and in the game, it could be a bit before it gets released.

On the optimistic side, he could release everything tomorrow and say "games out on thursday"
Yea...maybe not. But it could happen!
I'm sorry but I don't think that's optimistic but just not smart they say those things months before the game is out ofcourse it would be cool but still not really realistic I really think they don't do that

Finigin

Smash Cadet
Uhm... the interview said NO MORE THAN 50 characters... which still lets you assume that the number might at least get close, though.
Oh, whoops. lol Thanks for catching that. ^^;

Fifty characters is still a lot, though. o.o We will probably get like a few characters a month, if Sakurai goes the Melee way.

Fawriel

Smash Master
*patpats Ethan on the shoulder*
On big forums, it's always wise to first be careful with what you post and where you post until you get a feeling of what is accepted.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
im sorry i ever came on this thing. i just wanted 2 make friends....who love ssb like i do, instead of hearing"omg, hes a noob, get em'!" so plz, spread love, not hate.
then go to the pool room or meet and greet, dont ruin a place where people have something to talk about

Edit :Journyman woot

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
me to maby we're noobs now (which isn't but whatever) but you were also a noob it's just a forum where we can talk about things that are related to ssb it's not the fight with every noob that's new here forum

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
me? thank u! ur going straight 2 my buddy list! Now, how many of you think it would be cool for a character creator mode, or use of miis!

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but I don't think that's optimistic but just not smart they say those things months before the game is out ofcourse it would be cool but still not really realistic I really think they don't do that
Yea, that was sort of the joke. If you look at my other post, realistically if he follows the melee method of releasement, it could be a few months before it gets released. Just thought i would throw in a half-joke type thing, didn't think it'd get taken seriously >.>

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Holy S**T!! I leave for a measly hour and this page grew 6 pages. Spammania is here.
Ethan...just calm down and remember this:
Life is to short to perish hatred amongst n00bs so it won't last long.

Finigin

Smash Cadet
Finigin did you get WORK??
Mr. T's advice should be more than enough.
I got work in a maxi pad commercial, fool!

Remember:
Brush your milk
Drink your school
Don't do sleep
Stay in teeth
and Do 8 hours of drugs!

If you do all those things, you get work!
---------------

Um.. Anyways, I hope the site doesn't crash tomorrow. ^^; Both this site and the official one. That would suck... O.o

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
All these people are getting all excited to see these abjectly obscure or unlikely third party characters and it's just beyond my comprehension. I don't think it's goign to get much crazier than having Snake in there. I would have called someone a moron for saying Snake had a chance of being in there, but Kojima has a good relationship w/Sakurai, so that makes it more feasible. Give me a break though--do you really think some of these worthless FF characters will be in, or any of the other idiotic characters I've heard.

Realistically, I think Sonic has the best chance of getting in there. There's too much red tape involved to get any more characters than that. If they decided to get a Capcom character, I would put my money on MegaMan, or maybe Ryu since both would easily fit the mold.

If they put anyone more random than Snake in there, I'll be impressed.
I always thought that too many third party characters would take away the "smash feel" or "nintendo feel" of the game. With all these people spouting megaman, master chief, cloud and whoever else they wanted to be in the game, i always thought the game would lose its appeal. Everyone's opinion is different on who they want to play as, but throwing all these third party people in the game is just setting up for fanboys to only buy the game based on wo's in it, not the gameplay.

So, nintendo might get more money if they put in third party'ers based on people just buying the game because "OMFG MASTER CHIEF IS IN IT!!," but personally I think the appeal of it would go down to many other people who played it since 64, or even just started in melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom