• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I hope it's not the last. But if Melee kept us busy for 5 years without online play and less characters and balance, this should keep us busy for 10 at least. People still play 007 Goldeneye for Smash's sake!

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Well, there can be other made smash's but no Sakurai.
Since it his last, do you think he puts in his favorite characters into the game.?
Of course there can be more games but there is always the chance that the new developer might murder the franchise. As far as Sakurai stuffing in this favorite characters, you bet he will.

Now according to that interview, there will be a lot of shocking additions to brawl. Any one want to take a serious shot at guessing who they are?

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've hoped for the Blob from A Boy And His Blob for a long time, but I guess it's not that serious.
It's not that likely anyways.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
it is a good estimate that about 42-46 will probably appear although since it might be Sakurai's last Smash he might as well put as many as he can and 50 would be a good number that he might include.

Or maybe they'll pull a Super Paper Mario and make Smash a crazy adventure game or sumething.....
well according to that interviewer from Nintendodrone he said that Sakurai would make a much longer adventure mode that would be in depth

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Ohh I will definitely in order:
Tingle
HMS
Zora(Maiku or Ruto)
Skull Kid
Waluigi
Paper Mario
Ike
and I won't post my the rest of my opinions.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
My guess? Maybe some totally obscure character that nobody has even thought of in being in the game yet. Like a Mr. Game and Watch for melee. Who expected that one? Pretty much nobody.

Anyways, I think high 30's low 40's is a good character amount. It leaves room to bring back a lot of the old characters while stilll eaving room for at least a dozen new ones. That's quite a few new characters to screw around with, and of course a lot of the old characters being brought back will be changed or tweaked, even if it's only a little bit.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
My guess? Maybe some totally obscure character that nobody has even thought of in being in the game yet. Like a Mr. Game and Watch for melee. Who expected that one? Pretty much nobody.
Youre probably right there, probably some old school character who no-one remembers or cares about anymore, and he managed to make a good moveset for

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... Maybe that little blob-looking professor-guy from the brain-games for the DS..
I wouldn't be expecting that!

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I don't care who you are, GaW was just a fun and funny character to play with and watch being played with. He actually wasn't that bad if you found someone who practiced with him enough. His moveset didn't suck, his recovery wasn't that bad, and his taunt was pretty funny (which means nothing, but I thought I'd throw it in).

But since i wasn't around for much of the 80's aside '88 and after, i don't really know much of nintendo and their really old retro characters they could stick in. Anyone have other guesses or possibilities?

spjd

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be cool with some peripheral as a character, like it was an item in Melee.
I'm of course thinking about R.O.B. :p

Croco

Smash Lord
My guess that the special super secret last unlockable character will be something to do with Hanafuda playing cards. If not a character.. it could be some crazy *** boss.

Others that Might work-
-Nester
-Duckhunt Laughing Dog
-R.O.B.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
My guess that the special super secret last unlockable character will be something to do with Hanafuda playing cards. If not a character.. it could be some crazy *** boss.
Hey, that's not even as lame as it sounds!
That could actually very well happen, I mean it's crazy enough for Nintendo to consider!
That's probably the best idea I've heard for a "WHAT THE &@##&@£, IS THAT A CHARACTER!!??!?!"-character! :laugh:

Vali

Smash Ace
A complete and utter WTF character would be Sheik 'cause let's face it, NO-ONE expects her to be back.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I just hope the last character that is unlocked is someone that no one is expecting to see with a bad a** moveset

Croco

Smash Lord
Hey, that's not even as lame as it sounds!
That could actually very well happen, I mean it's crazy enough for Nintendo to consider!
That's probably the best idea I've heard for a "WHAT THE &@##&@£, IS THAT A CHARACTER!!??!?!"-character! :laugh:
ya the cards! That would be sweet
Unless Master Hand pulls them out of nowhere as a backup with crazy hand in the final boss battle. :scared:

"SURPRISE!"

Each card has it's own effect. :chuckle:

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is practically the most used character--if she's not back heads will roll. I don't know where your head is to say something like that.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I just hope they nerf Shiek to screw all those cheesy *******s like the Kirby players in 64

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Hehe.. Maybe it could be a vacuum cleaner that throws rice! :laugh:
You probably have to know your Nintendo history to get it. :p

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
A complete and utter WTF character would be Sheik 'cause let's face it, NO-ONE expects her to be back.
LOL

All my friends who play as her expect here to be back -_-

I don't care if she comes back, just dumb her down a little, her stupid knockback is rediculoius sometimes. But I can't think of any :"WTF is that" character that could possibly be put in right now that isn't totally stupid.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Maybe they shocking characters will be the third party characters. Maybe we will get screwed when it comes to them. Imagine if sonic doesnt make it and we get someone like geno (i have nothing against him, i atually like him.)

spjd

Smash Apprentice
I can care less for Sonic. He has way to much hype and he will probably end up sucking.
Well, I don't know if you can say that he has too much hype (well, of course you can, that's your opinion) But Mario bettling Sonic is some big stuff!

EDIT: I don't know why I had quoted myself before, but fixed it..

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Oh i know that Creo, but the effect that him not being in would cause to the overall community would be of real shock, hence the shock factor of someone being in before him.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Oh, do not get me wrong people... I know he is going to be in but I just really do not care that much anymore. I want knew third party news.
I meant couldn't.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Oh, do not get me wrong people... I know he is going to be in but I just really do not care that much anymore. I want knew third party news.
I meant couldn't.
Agreed. Hopefully, tomorrow we will get some news as to what kind of third party characters we can expect.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Man, I wish that the noobs from NSider would just stay and post there... I mean, it's out of control as it is and more probably on the way. Just stay there. I'm serious. Post your noobish ideas over there. Most of you **** there irritate the crap out of me.

Anyway, I need help on something. My brother isn't convinced that there will be Brawl news tomorrow because he claims that only the site will be updated (background, etc). Thanks if anyone helps.

And one more thing...If you're having trouble passing time, play this maze game:

http://www.fugly.com/media/view.php?cat=DOWNLOADS&id=709

It's kinda short, but you may find a surprise at the end. :)

btw...did this thread grow by like 30 pages over night? My gosh....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom