• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/9/10 - WATO9 - Winnie and the Owl!!! - FL Practice for POUND 4! - Rules Updated-

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Erm....

This is gonna have the same rules as pound 4...

so...

General Rules:

Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Basis of Decision:

The Melee back room did a stage vote on both neutrals and Counterpicks. Both of the rulesets I, as the main TO, voted for are the ones that have the most support. I feel like this is a compromise between everyone, and I'm sorry to those who aren't happy because I can't please everyone. I want the results of this tournament to be as accurate as possible, so these are the legal stages.

* Pokemon Stadium: This stage is no longer a neutral for singles. The transformations in and of themselves would often result in entirely banned stages due to walls and such. Because the stage changes however, the stage is not banned, but I do not feel is neutral. However, in teams if a player is stuck in an infinite his teammate has the opportunity to help, which is why it is indeed neutral in teams (and to make a 5th stage since fountain isn't and this is the next best stage). The camera angles on the ledges are funky, and it's widely known space animals run wild on the stage.

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of my ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

Brawl:

-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Team attack will be set to ON
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Additional Rules for Pools Play:
-Matches will be 3 stock
-7 Minute Time Limit
-Number of Players advancing from each pool will be dependant on number of entrants, number of players per p

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
well think about how many sequels have been so bad that people have literally hacked the game to make it better?
Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl are both worse than regular Brawl. That's what happens when hackers try to make it better. Too bad Sakurai won't ever think about updating this game to balance, which led to people trying to hack it. Capcom gets their **** right because they will keep making sequels until their game is as balance and fair as possible.

Melee and Brawl Rules
The absence of the 50 ledgegrab rule scares me...

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl are both worse than regular Brawl. That's what happens when hackers try to make it better. Too bad Sakurai won't ever think about updating this game to balance, which led to people trying to hack it. Capcom gets their **** right because they will keep making sequels until their game is as balance and fair as possible.

The absence of the 50 ledgegrab rule scares me...
your missing the point if it didnt suck then we would never have to hack it in the first place

and 100% dissagree with you with brawl+ being worse than regular brawl

never got a chance to play balanced brawl so i cant judge on that

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol brawl+ is so baddddddd

balanced brawl last i played it made **** less "gay" but it's still bad

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I didn't really miss the point. As I said earlier, I said Brawl is a bad game. I was countering your case from another fighting game's perspective, where Capcom continually makes updates to each series they make. SFII had like 10 different iterations to try to best balance the game to the fullest. SFIV is going through an update to better balance the game (LOL Seth vs. Zangief).

Sakurai won't do such a thing, and as such they only way to balance brawl was through hacking. Initially, B+ hackers tried to implement L-Cancel but the physics of Brawl prevented a fluid way to do such a thing. So they instead added auto L-cancelling which in turn makes the game as easy as ****. The only thing necessary to be good at Brawl plus is being smart. That alone makes it bad.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
I didn't really miss the point. As I said earlier, I said Brawl is a bad game. I was countering your case from another fighting game's perspective, where Capcom continually makes updates to each series they make. SFII had like 10 different iterations to try to best balance the game to the fullest. SFIV is going through an update to better balance the game (LOL Seth vs. Zangief).

Sakurai won't do such a thing, and as such they only way to balance brawl was through hacking. Initially, B+ hackers tried to implement L-Cancel but the physics of Brawl prevented a fluid way to do such a thing. So they instead added auto L-cancelling which in turn makes the game as easy as ****. The only thing necessary to be good at Brawl plus is being smart. That alone makes it bad.
ahhh ok i see what u mean

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
If it's not there its banned

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Zoro

Smash Champion
If it's not there its banned

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

awesome
i dont know why mute or poke would be banned and not rainbow tho lol
a good tournament is neutrals only lol

I always cp FD

황미영

Smash Champion
Well... At this point it doesn't look like I'll be going to this due to family problems... Unless someone in the Ocoee area is willing to give me a ride. xD

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I've never been to a WATO before. I'd like this to be my first one (if I can find a ride). =)

:069:

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
i MIGHT need a teammate for this

i'm prolly gonna go all MK (maybe some wario/ike/snake)

edit: who's down-ish?

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to team with me? I will play any character you want. Decent with half the cast I think. Beastly with maybe 3. :)

PS. Walnut (A Mario main in a metaknight world).

Top Bottom