• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/30 Syracuse Smash Round 2 !!! Snakee & RaynEX!!!

zeldspazz

Smash Master
@piedisliker and zeldaspazz- listen, the area is not as bad as you guys think, we wont be anywheres outside and the house is nice and secure, i lived there for a couple years and its not an awful place to live, honostly there are far worse places around here. if your parents are that concerned they are welcome to come and help "supervise" lol.
We'll see I guess. But my dad has lived in the Syracuse area and walked those streets since he was a kid. So idk Im pretty sure he wont give in though.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
It just occurred to me, what are we going to do about parking with all these people coming?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

This is the satellite view of the venue. You can show this to your parents, just have them click on the yellow line on S Salina street and Borden Street Intersection, there they can view a street eye level image of the area, as well as just viewing the regular satellite image of the area. It's not that bad.

There will be other parents there, and most of us syracuse smashers are pretty nice people. You should get into contact with 13370 because his dad comes to our smashfest every weekend, and he knows that we are good people. I'm sure his dad can give your parents a good reference.

^View of Borden st, from S Salina St intersection.

See, there is even a wonder bread truck at the end of the road. LOL

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Those parents better not be sensitive to swearing. Cause im yelling obscenities fah dayz
Im cursing like a pirate at this venue to make the parents angry.

GGS at ****ting in kids mouths.
i care about the smash community being accessible to any and all that want to be included, and although Im pretty sure that hes trolling, if he or anybody else decides to do this, or anything else that would dissuade parent from letting their children come to tournaments, I will punch them in the throat.
It just occurred to me, what are we going to do about parking with all these people coming?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

This is the satellite view of the venue. You can show this to your parents, just have them click on the yellow line on S Salina street and Borden Street Intersection, there they can view a street eye level image of the area, as well as just viewing the regular satellite image of the area. It's not that bad.

There will be other parents there, and most of us syracuse smashers are pretty nice people. You should get into contact with 13370 because his dad comes to our smashfest every weekend, and he knows that we are good people. I'm sure his dad can give your parents a good reference.

^View of Borden st, from S Salina St intersection.

See, there is even a wonder bread truck at the end of the road. LOL
Notice how I said "Syracuse Smashers" LOL

I'm not sure about those rochester kids. <_< Kinda shady.
dont include foy with us, those of us actually from rochester are very cool people. and for the record, zeldspazz, how far do you actually live from the venue? cus if you arent there when I arrive, im going to come to your house and personally negotiate your arrival to this tourney with your parents.
i may come ;]
hell yea allied

do you even know who he is?

Foy

Smash Champion
Of course i be trolling.
Im a nice guy.

And yeah dont associate me with Roch kids. Even though those kids be cool.

OMG I JUST REMEMBERED THAT AWESOME STITCHFACE DROP UMBRELLA GANON FAIR COMBO ON JESSE!

Just came.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
yeah i know who allied is. he might come and he'd bring Inui and others, I've talked to him before ;)

I know peeps don't worry

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Alright. I'm convinced that this'll be fine.

And tbh, I've got it WAY easier than zeldaspazz. My mom doesn't have time to check the area or anything and wouldn't just go to syracuse for nothing. It'll be alright.

@ Sheth, you can use the sd card I'm bringing. I'll be able to put the codes on multiple wiis, and it has no music hacks.

Allied

Smash Master
yeah i know who allied is. he might come and he'd bring Inui and others, I've talked to him before ;)

I know peeps don't worry
Mr. Inui is gonna show up.

I want to get a lesson in Inui logic so bad.
hahah XD i think were going to md/va for C3 but i deff wanna come here if that doesnt work out

i'll see :D

edit: i wouldn't know if inui is going =0

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Bry told me that hes been in email corespondence with a guy from VGBC for almost 2 weeks now, and the only reason they arent getting involved in this is because the guy didnt find out about it early enough and that they will definitely be working with SS3

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Bry told me that hes been in email corespondence with a guy from VGBC for almost 2 weeks now, and the only reason they arent getting involved in this is because the guy didnt find out about it early enough and that they will definitely be working with SS3
...Happiness is of essence.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i suggest that anybody that has talked to non smash boards people about this tourney (probably just me) get back to them and remind them about the event. i have like 5-10 people that i need to rehit up on facebook and stuff.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Alright. I'm convinced that this'll be fine.

And tbh, I've got it WAY easier than zeldaspazz. My mom doesn't have time to check the area or anything and wouldn't just go to syracuse for nothing. It'll be alright.

@ Sheth, you can use the sd card I'm bringing. I'll be able to put the codes on multiple wiis, and it has no music hacks.
S'okay, I got a second SD, I'll bring it without em, just in case.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
OH ****. HYPE

We have to work on a better venue after this. I mean seriously though this is kinda like a freak thing, why was there only 30 ppl at stylin at you, but such a bigger turn out this time? I don't understand it. . .

altairian

Smash Lord
The timing of stylin on ya wasn't that great, right at the end of the semester for college kids
This thread has been up a lot longer
People are hyping our tourneys more now that we're getting more consistent attendance

To name a few things ;)

VGBC sponsorship is sick, can't wait for huge upstate NY tourneys :D

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Considering why this event is/will be so succesful maybe we should start planning SS3 now. . .and this time get a better venue far enough in advanced.

Also Alt how are those plans coming for an albany tourney? I know a lot of my friends downstate are willing to travel to albany for a tourney because its close to them, but not to syracuse. You could probably secure a venue at a American Legion like the first SS was at. And looking at these numbers you could most likely get more then enough venue to pay off the fee.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
OH ****. HYPE

We have to work on a better venue after this. I mean seriously though this is kinda like a freak thing, why was there only 30 ppl at stylin at you, but such a bigger turn out this time? I don't understand it. . .

cus when this was first announced, mana made that huge post that inspired everyone to tell everyone they knew about coming to this tournament.

Kantō

Smash Champion
yea VGBC will be helping us out with the next tourney. also, this time around the tourney will be cramped, i promise to get a better one next time.

altairian

Smash Lord
Considering why this event is/will be so succesful maybe we should start planning SS3 now. . .and this time get a better venue far enough in advanced.

Also Alt how are those plans coming for an albany tourney? I know a lot of my friends downstate are willing to travel to albany for a tourney because its close to them, but not to syracuse. You could probably secure a venue at a American Legion like the first SS was at. And looking at these numbers you could most likely get more then enough venue to pay off the fee.
I'm busy this week cause getting friday and saturday off work requires me to work the 5 days previous, but next week on my days off I'll start looking at venues. I'm still hoping that SUNY Albany will be the venue due to how convenient its location is for people traveling, I'll get together with CJT this week and see what the likelihood of that is.

Foy

Smash Champion
yea VGBC will be helping us out with the next tourney. also, this time around the tourney will be cramped, i promise to get a better one next time.
Yo cramped works for now. Find a place that we can have like constant tournaments at and can beast.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I know me, and my friend you spoke to over aim aren't local to albany but if you need our help in any way we're both willing lol. I'd like to see some tournies start in albany. >=P

altairian

Smash Lord
Sounds good, I could probably use suggestions on places to check for using as venues, I've never organized an event like this before so I'm still kind of trying to figure out where to start lol. But yeah give me a week to get some spare time, and if SUNY Albany will work out as a venue then we'll pretty much be set and just need to work out details.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Well I'd start looking for american legions in a suitable area and then call them up to see if they rent out spaces. I know the same goes for Moose clubs, but my dad said you might have to be a member of the moose club to rent out spaces there.

My dad also mentioned Knights of Columbus renting out areas for events and even firehouses(skeptical about this one). My dad used to play in a amatuer band playing bluegrass music for old people and they'd run events like this all the time for charity. I remember because when I was a kid I'd get dragged to them and me and my little brother would just be in the back somewhere playing some random game on the gamecube. LOL Good times. ^^

Foy

Smash Champion
Nah. Bry. Firehouses are iffy man. Like look for a place like Cybergaming/venues that ****ty bands play at. Like open rooms. Or.......... Yeah

Kantō

Smash Champion
i was thinking about the next one being in the banquet rooms at my resturaunt, they hold up to 100 people very comfortabley. just a thought for now....

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I talked to the associate at cyberstorm gaming in rochester at stylin at ya and he said there's nothing like cyberstorm gaming in or around syracuse. =/ Would be pretty cool though.

Top Bottom