• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/30 Syracuse Smash Round 2 !!! Snakee & RaynEX!!!

altairian

Smash Lord
There's nothing like it in the Albany area as far as I know either. Honestly I didn't like it much as a venue anyway. Especially for bigger tourneys, you really need full access to the area. Being able to bring in food/drink is also pretty important imo, not having anything to drink during a long event is a bad idea :p

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
altairian you can try anywhere in Saratoga too. Does Outer Zone have a game room of some sort? idk. but there are definitely places in the 518 area code that can host.

Goggles said:
cus when this was first announced, mana made that huge post that inspired everyone to tell everyone they knew about coming to this tournament.
They noticed :estatic: :roll: I'm smitten. I did my part and goggles I'm glad you did your part to.

And to anyone who referred others to this tournament you did a good thing, it's for your own benefit and that of the community. Thank you! Now get serious about getting better.

altairian

Smash Lord
altairian you can try anywhere in Saratoga too. Does Outer Zone have a game room of some sort? idk. but there are definitely places in the 518 area code that can host.
Oh for sure there's places that can host, it's just a matter of me finding them ;)
I'm looking around the Albany area for ease of travel for everyone. Saratoga is an extra 30-40 mins north on 87 off of exit 24 on the thruway, when SUNY Albany is literally 1 minute off of exit 24, it's just a much nicer option. I'm not writing anything off, though.

...and what's Outer Zone? lol >_>

Oh, and we have ANOTHER housing situation. There's a group of kids from VA thinking about attending, but they need housing. I dunno people should start asking relatives or something if they can borrow a room for the night lol.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Haha these people should all chip in for a hotel room. Some people from MA wanted to stay at my place but my room mate doesn't want them too.

Yeah you should get in contact with roman mana, as I can't house them and dont remember his aim sn.

Oswego isn't that far from syracuse, its a straight shot down 481

Seriously there are a ****load of hotel rooms around here some going for under 100 a night, and most of these people would have little sleeping space at someones house, might as well just get a hotel room. Say 6 people chip in 20 bucks not that bad. I mean I'm not sure how many are coming from VA but 5 from MA, and then there is the canada people maybe they can all get in touch with each other and work something out? =s

Sorry guys I'd house you if I owned the place but sadly I don't. =s

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Holy moly, VA. That's out there. New faces, I guess. Sounds like good stuff.

-Out of curiosity, at a glance, about how many people on the front page are melee-only? I don't melee so I dunno who plays. Was trying to gauge what turnout the brawl tourney might seem like.

altairian

Smash Lord
Haha these people should all chip in for a hotel room.
Someone should post a couple of the best options for them so they have a direction to start looking for rooms. I know that personally if I was gonna make last minute travel plans, hunting blindly for a hotel room would probably cause me to say "**** it, not worth the trouble"

Sheth, it's slightly heavy on melee players I believe, but you can probably count on over half the list entering brawl.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Yeah Oswego is very close and easy to get to Syracuse.

If anyone ever wants to play I am down. But I play melee and B+ only :3 And soon project M hopefully ^.^ I'd play 64 too

Melee brawl turnout looks split to me but leaning more towards melee. But I'm sure a lot of melee players will enter brawl and vice versa

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Oh, it's a laser tag place in Saratoga. Albany is the better choice but if you must venture up north more there are players in that region. like myself sometimes and then there's majin!!!!

In Albany I will try to think, Troy wouldn't be a bad place to look either.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Holy moly, VA. That's out there. New faces, I guess. Sounds like good stuff.

-Out of curiosity, at a glance, about how many people on the front page are melee-only? I don't melee so I dunno who plays. Was trying to gauge what turnout the brawl tourney might seem like.
^This.

I'm not really familiar with looking up hotel room prices and such. What is it like travelocity.com or something like that? =s Maybe someone more knowledgeble then me should take care of it. =s

altairian

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm probably gonna start looking at stuff like the venue bry got for SS1 first, that was pretty roomy and as long as the turnout is decent venue fees should cover the cost.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If anyone's passing through ithaca or 30 minutes away from Ithaca, I'm looking for rides. I will pay for gas, so money's not an issue.

Buses don't go from Ithaca to Syracuse so this sucks :(

altairian

Smash Lord
BEFORE ANYONE SAYS IT:

My car is full and I am unable to give San a ride this time. It's not that hard to take a side trip out to get him, trust me, I've done it more than once ;)

Foy

Smash Champion
Yo if i was driving i could pick u up. But thats still iffy on that cause my sis might drive me up to eriks on friday. >_>

Acton

Smash Journeyman
xD People who are interested in coming should simply look up the venue address on mapquest/google maps then look up hotels near the venue via the internet. <___<

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Amtrak.com is a good bet. 6 hour train ride, its not to bad. I usually pay like 50 one way to get down to poughkeepsie from syracuse so I'd imagine it would cost more then that.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
and this time get a better venue far enough in advanced.

Yo i aspired him to aspire others.
Inspire. Not aspire. Bothered me for some reason.
yea VGBC will be helping us out with the next tourney. also, this time around the tourney will be cramped, i promise to get a better one next time.
Would VGBC help cover venue costs? That would be AWEEEEESOOOOME
Nah. Bry. Firehouses are iffy man. Like look for a place like Cybergaming/venues that ****ty bands play at. Like open rooms. Or.......... Yeah
****ty bands tend to play in cramped up places.
i was thinking about the next one being in the banquet rooms at my resturaunt, they hold up to 100 people very comfortabley. just a thought for now....
That would be awesome. (assuming theres no electrical outlet issue)
xD People who are interested in coming should simply look up the venue address on mapquest/google maps then look up hotels near the venue via the internet. <___<
Or, considering there travelling large distances to attend our tourney, maybe we could be hospitable and do that for them? It's a courtesy thing; if you want people to travel to your tourney, you make it as easy for them as possible.

Anybody know how to get here via public transportation from NYC, & how long / how much it would cost?
You should totally come to this! We never get to play at any LI tourneys or anything. And ROPE won't make this, so you dont have to worry about being hustled.
As for transport, look into Megabus, i think theres a bus that runs from penn station to syracuse, you can snag tickets for as little as a dollar.

megabus.com

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll take the initiative then. =)

http://travel.travelocity.com/hotel...63710242010&amp;pathIndicator=HOTEL_FRONTDOOR

Lowest is at 38 dollars a night at:

2914 Brewerton Road, Syracuse, NY

It's a whopping 12 minutes or 7.8 miles from the venue.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Syr...4&2y=US&2l=43.027831&2g=-76.146668&2v=ADDRESS

*Advance.

Or, considering there travelling large distances to attend our tourney, maybe we could be hospitable and do that for them? It's a courtesy thing; if you want people to travel to your tourney, you make it as easy for them as possible.
They're traveling?

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Cheapest Departing trip is 54.00 from Penn Station leaving at 3:45 pm and arriving at 9:41pm on friday.

I'm assuming your going to stay here all saturday and return sunday so. . .

The cheapest return trip is 43.00 leaving Syracuse Transportation center at 11:25am and arriving at penn station at 6:25 pm.

Usually the cheaper fares are that way due to longer trips where hold overs occur at albany.

http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak

My room mate is willing to house only two people, so its on a first come first serve basis. I will need to speak with said people via aim/msn. I will give lone travelers over people traveling in groups priority since people traveling in groups can chip in for the low hotel rates in the area. =)

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I have been told that the link in my post concerning hotel rooms and rates isn't working. I don't believe its possible for me to link search results so what I chose for options on the main page travelocity.com

Select from:
Hotel only

Check in date: 1/29/10
Check out date: 1/30/10

Everything else default.

Foy

Smash Champion
KevinM. Team with me. I play good characters now.

AND OMG SO MANY KIDS COMING TO THIS. MAKE THIS TO A 2 DAY EVENT?!?!

Acton

Smash Journeyman
KevinM. Team with me. I play good characters now.

AND OMG SO MANY KIDS COMING TO THIS. MAKE THIS TO A 2 DAY EVENT?!?!
^This is a good idea since the place is going to be so packed as it is. Bry said something about perhaps getting access to a second story of the building(downstairs) for melee.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Cheapest Departing trip is 54.00 from Penn Station leaving at 3:45 pm and arriving at 9:41pm on friday.

I'm assuming your going to stay here all saturday and return sunday so. . .

The cheapest return trip is 43.00 leaving Syracuse Transportation center at 11:25am and arriving at penn station at 6:25 pm.

Usually the cheaper fares are that way due to longer trips where hold overs occur at albany.

http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak

My room mate is willing to house only two people, so its on a first come first serve basis. I will need to speak with said people via aim/msn. I will give lone travelers over people traveling in groups priority since people traveling in groups can chip in for the low hotel rates in the area. =)
That's really nice of you, I'll see what I can do :)

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. . . I was thinking about what we would do for SS3 and something just hit me like a brick in the head. . .

There is actually an anime convention going on in syracuse for the first time in april.

http://animesyracuse.com/

They where asking for ideas for what to do at the convention here:

http://www.animesyracuse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=238

I mentioned something about doing perhaps a smash oriented event. I'm an avid otaku, and I've been to anime conventions such as anime boston and otakon. The usually have smash tournies but they aren't legit like the events we run. If we get involved in the process early on that might change though. =P

What do you guys think?

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
Wow... Pathetic coming from one of the best in the area. Get *****, you suck.
I'm one of the best in a ****ty little area where no one is good I haven't even taken melee seriously since brawl came out, the only reason I even enter local melee tournies is because I can win some money from them.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
They're traveling?
[pic of marth countering ike]
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3573892
Okay, If Rope isn't I'll consider it lol. The site is down atm :[
Yeah, the site is pissing me off... I need tickets back home for next weekend....

Debating coming to this, would need a team mate. preferably someone we could take top 3 with?
Im assuming you're talking about melee, as the top three teams for brawl have already been made.
1 Snakeee and Cura
2 JTEG and Pika
3 Robasaurus Rex

(Some large and unimportant number) RHSC

Sharky, how are you getting to Viridian city? Do you have housing? Im about to reserve a spot with Dextasmurf, you need to let me know if you need it. Or rather, let dextasmurf know.

Top Bottom