• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/30 Syracuse Smash Round 2 !!! Snakee & RaynEX!!!

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Crews would have to be limited to our PR to be even close to balanced. And even then they'd have to be 4 man crews. It'd still be hard to balance but it'd get close.

Basically, melee players STEP IT UP.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Well, by the looks of things, it should be totally cool for me to go to this now, for certain. The week before will be tough, so I won't have time to really hone my game right beforehand, but I'll see. There's still this week, too. Those who were at Stylin on ya- I'd like yer opinion on whether or not to bother with the TV I brought. It wasn't generally used for tourney matches, because it can and does lag just a bit, but I wouldn't mind if people want it for friendlies or anything.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Brawl, not melee. And again, I wouldn't bring it expecting anyone to use it for tourney. It's altogether a waste trying it with melee, but it's reasonable for non-tourney matches in brawl. It got a lot of use out of tourney matches at stylin on ya, so it didn't go unappreciated at all; I'm just wondering, based on the crowd who will be here, whether they'd like that. It'd secure a TV for friendlies even when the tournaments get started, at bare minimum, assuming there's already wiis for every TV.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i played my first match against omr on it only because we needed to play matches, and i knew id beat him regardless (no offence) but I avoided it like the plague the rest of the day.

rochester is gay and stingy with their tvs but syracuse is much more forth coming, there no need to bring a laggy tv. there was like 4 unused tvs at the last one.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Alright. Well I'll at least bring a wi- well ****, actually, that itself might be a mess, because I only have component(five plugs) cables. In other words, unless someone has a second set of composite for older&CRT TVs, it's not really an additional wii- though it is already homebrew'd and I'll bring an SD for unlimited replay saves.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont get what you are trying to say here.

syracuse tourney had 3-4 extra tvs.

roc tourney went 2.5 hours late because there werent enough tvs.

either rochester is poor and nobody has tvs, or people are stingy and wont bring their tvs, or there are enough actual rochester players to actually bring tvs to their own tournaments.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I already told you, the Red-Hatted Step-Children.
I believe you misunderstood me. I didn't challenge you to come up with a name. I said to come up with a better name. Nice try though.
@ CJT i work at gamestop, so i get a discount , thanks for the offer though.
Yeah I figured as much. No probs though.

Rochester vs Syracuse + whoever is not-rochester, IN BRAWL.

Does this include me perchance?
As a falco player, I'd love to see more crew battles then just rochester vs syracuse.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
wtf does that have to do with being a falco player?

there was like 4 unused tvs at the last one.
About those, I think the issue was they needed special adapters. I couldnt find any place for the composite AV cables. I think thats why they were unused.

There's enough. Bringing your own definitely wouldn't hurt the situation, though.
Theres gonna be room for mine, right?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Does this include me perchance?

Its up to cura i suppose. it was his idea, so i guess hes running the crew.

About those, I think the issue was they needed special adapters. I couldnt find any place for the composite AV cables. I think thats why they were unused.

huh, that also happens to be just what sheth needs for his wii to work...

fo sho

ten char.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Because as a falco player I suck in doubles, but crew battles are a way for me to operate within a team, but still be able to show off more of the skills that falco is naturally good at. SHL, and chain grabs generally aren't that great in doubles.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
huh, that also happens to be just what sheth needs for his wii to work...
Truth. Component (RGB video + LR audio) cables are what I got. I'll have em shoved in my bag, just in case, I guess. I have seen CRTs that can use them about three times, so there's always that possibility I guess.

Aright, lessee if I can get my desynchs down this week, today/tomorrow... I'll hope to avoid a nigh-IC-less experience like stylin on ya.
-Now I just don't wanna get paired against Cura round 1 again. X_X

altairian

Smash Lord
Yeah of course lol, unless it's something crazy like 40 inches then space might be iffy :p
If you remember the first syracuse tourney I brought my brother's 19" CRT (might bring that again for this, not sure) and there was still more than enough room for everyone's stuff in the trunk.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
omg I can't believe it's so soon.

SO what about melee teams? Do we have any established melee teams in our region or what? Seriously... melee teams is easy. You don't have to be good in singles to have a good team. Pull some newlyweds. GET AT TEAMS

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
omg I can't believe it's so soon.

SO what about melee teams? Do we have any established melee teams in our region or what? Seriously... melee teams is easy. You don't have to be good in singles to have a good team. Pull some newlyweds. GET AT TEAMS
This wouldn't be an issue if Jesse teamed with me consistently like before. Plus I think you and Neil would be a sick team anyways together. You guys stay out of eachothers way, and you knee **** when they flee from him lol.

HawtKoJ wanna be by smash butt buddy?
I think I'm teaming with Neil currently, unless I need to convince him how bad Goggles is again. Plus, you don't play a character I team with.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
didnt me and rob almost beat you and jesse in tournament?

when supposedly, both of you are better than both of us

and since jesse is fine as a teammate, I surmise that this means you suck and im amazing in doubles.

plus you only team with marths and space animals, and I frequently team with puffs and shieks, which makes me better match anyway.

get outta here, bad kid.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
This wouldn't be an issue if Jesse teamed with me consistently like before. Plus I think you and Neil would be a sick team anyways together. You guys stay out of eachothers way, and you knee **** when they flee from him lol.

I think I'm teaming with Neil currently, unless I need to convince him how bad Goggles is again. Plus, you don't play a character I team with.
Years ago I would've been fine teaming with Neil. And if the situation is ideal I would now too.

Buuuut to me he doesn't care to win, he expects to win. There's definitely a difference.

EDIT: I'm going to wobbles the **** out of everyone in singles bracket.

Rykard

Smash Ace
Hey I am interested in this. I'll be back at school in ithaca but if i can get a couple of my smash friends there to drive down for the weekend, you might have a couple more people coming to this.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ithaca college has a smash club. go there, find a tall black guy named sanford, talk to him, he should be able to work something out with you guys.

CAPTAIN_FALCON23

Smash Cadet
San goes to Cornell, which has the smash club that plays Melee that Rykard comes down to every other Friday during classes. San doesn't really play with the club [we're Melee]. Go figure.

Anyways, I'm trying to make arrangements to have the club come down for the weekend, which would be ~5 people.

Also, man, it's weird to know people on the internet.

Kantō

Smash Champion
well guys the old venue is a no go.

the date is too short notice and they wont rent it out to me. so i guess the current venue stands, this means that the venue fee is back to 5 dollars and there will be no reduced venue fee for bringing setups,
however i will be giving out 3 extra raffle tickets to those who do bring extra setups, thanks for helping guys.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yea, hes a pretty important guy aroudn these parts. and at smash club this week, ask him if hes still comign cus he hasnt posted for a while.

Top Bottom