• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/30 Syracuse Smash Round 2 !!! Snakee & RaynEX!!!

altairian

Smash Lord
Who the hell would wanna enter low tiers with ike in the mix when we can barely if ever beat san normally?
That's why it's a side event? It's for fun. If you don't want to enter, don't. Simple.

For all you guys know, San might play puff in a low tier tourney. Are you going to say ban jigglypuff cause San plays her? :p

Also bry have you given thought to when the side event would be? Cause it's gonna have to run at the same time as something or there's no way we'll finish everything lol

Sharky

Smash Master
technically, the tier list thread says that d tier is up to the TO's discretion, so it's in between. I'd be fine with not including d tier, personally.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
That's why it's a side event? It's for fun. If you don't want to enter, don't. Simple.

I was under the impression that low tier tourneys are more if a event that has limited characters so that everyone has a chance to win, as opposed to only the people that play the best characters.

For all you guys know, San might play puff in a low tier tourney. Are you going to say ban jigglypuff cause San plays her? :p

I dont say ban ike from low tiers cause san plays him. I say ban ike from low tiers because hes not a low tier character, and he decidedly beats ever character in low tier. and any one that plays ike in low tiers has a better chance to win low tiers than the people that main mk in regular tourneys.

also, arent we still supposed to be having a Rochester vs. everyone else crew battle?

altairian

Smash Lord
I was under the impression that low tier tourneys are more if a event that has limited characters so that everyone has a chance to win, as opposed to only the people that play the best characters.
Low tiers doesn't change people's skill level. Low tiers doesn't change characters having good and bad matchups. It definitely doesn't magically give everyone a chance to win.

In the current tier list, Ike is at the top of the low tiers. Weird that he'd do well in low tier tourneys, huh?

The TO has stated which characters are allowed in his low tier tournament. If you don't like it, don't enter.

Sharky

Smash Master
If we have time, we'll definitely be doing crews. I suggested that we get matches done during peoples' downtime while the brawl tourney's in progress to make things faster.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Dayuum a lotta people went on this thread today.

Say i bring a setup and something happens to it like it breaking or something(crap happens). Am i SOL or what?
The way I've always seen it, if you drop your wii on the way in, or it spontaneously combusts, then its SOL. But if your wii gets smashed cause some jack*** ripped the controller out of the wii, that bitch be payin for it.

aww..i cant go. work on all saturdays lol
It's the only day there are ever tournaments...
Permanent johnz

keystone pics
keystone's nasty ****
Oh, and Alt and I are ripping apart dubz.
Until you get wrecked by ROBasaurus Rex. Lets see you come up with a better team name.

youre not going to be in our brawl crew battle, if thats what youre asking.
Ouch. That **** burns.

Oh its brawl. ****.

You have never played me in brawl. Test me first for that ****.
Yo, play me in brawl after we melee.

So....how many crews are there. Im assuming the following:

Rochester
Syracuse
Binghamton
I doubt albany has enough for a crew... unless we just assign Frank 3x the stock of one person, so its like three people. Or, we do
CJT
Alt
Snakee's ZSS
Snakee's Zelda/shiek
Snakee's Peach

That crew's legit.

I personally dont care if Ike's in Low tiers. I dunno if I have enough $$$ to enter low tiers (although I gotta say Id be more inclined to enter low tiers if Ike were banned...)

BTW If Alt has enough room in his trunk, Ive got a NORMAL TV FOR THIS SHIZ!!! *** LAGGY LCDS!!!!

Also- get at my gift cards!

Bry- I was wondering... do you get some kind of deal for the Gamestop gift cards for the raffle or are you paying face value? Because if you're paying face value, I just got a $25 one for christmas, so if you bought that one from me, that would be awesome :) But if you get a discount or something, just do that.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Yeah just a request, can we get a list of whose coming to this for brawl, and whose coming to this for melee? Obviously some of us are just interested in melee, while others just brawl. If your coming for both, then we can put you in both list or something? We have almost 2 weeks to do this so it shouldn't be to hard.

I'm down for syracuse crew battles, but I mean there are so many people in syracuse not sure I'll be included in the crew lol.

Will get those vids from last weekends smashfest up this weekend.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Until you get wrecked by ROBasaurus Rex. Lets see you come up with a better team name.
I already told you, the Red-Hatted Step-Children.

[/youalreadylost]

1337-Zero said:
Wasn't getting defensive Goggles:ohwell:

Oh, and I'm up for Low-tiers if we end up having them. Although I lol'd at Link not being on the list XD

@PieDisliker: Sorry if I came across as insulting your offer, I'd love to have a temporary recording thing setup for my system.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I doubt albany has enough for a crew... unless we just assign Frank 3x the stock of one person, so its like three people. Or, we do
CJT
Alt
Snakee's ZSS
Snakee's Zelda/shiek
Snakee's Peach

That crew's legit.
If it's not too late in the day, we could put Albany+Utica and make an ENY crew.

Utica's only got two people, soo... We'd probably be willing to join in. xD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Low tiers doesn't change people's skill level. Low tiers doesn't change characters having good and bad matchups. It definitely doesn't magically give everyone a chance to win.

In the current tier list, Ike is at the top of the low tiers. Weird that he'd do well in low tier tourneys, huh?

The TO has stated which characters are allowed in his low tier tournament. If you don't like it, don't enter.
Low tiers doesnt make you not have bad matchups but low tiers does make you have non pika/fox bowser/ddd matchups. its not really magic but when you take away all of the broken moves/techniques/characters/matchups it kinda does give everyone a better chance to win.

I could have sworn bowser and PT were in low tier and ranked above ike in D tier. and never have I ever seen either of those win a low tier tourney. (hmmm its good i noticed this, i was planning to play bowser in low tiers. but eff that sauce now...)

im debating whether i enter or not. i might just play ike just cus its free

So....how many crews are there. Im assuming the following:

Rochester
Syracuse
Binghamton

just so were clear here.

currently this is what Im seeing.

I seeing 2 crew battles, not tourneys, just battles

Binghamton University vs. Rochester Institute of Technology, IN MELEE.

Rochester vs Syracuse + whoever is not-rochester, IN BRAWL.

if this is going down:
RIT Melee crew
Maverick
The General
Pyro
SPAM
SilverSpawn

With JesiahTEG and KneeOfJustice as alternates

Rochester Brawl crew.
Pikapika!
jesiahTEG
KIDGoggles
TheHulk
XXX

No need for alternates with that crew. **** mode engage.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
You seem to know whose coming for melee and whose coming for brawl goggles, can you make a list of whose coming for what and if they are coming for both or just one? I mean I don't know how much people to expect for brawl since there are a considerable amount of people coming for just melee. It was cool because at rochester last month you made a list of each game and who was coming for it so there was no confusion.

altairian

Smash Lord
Low tiers doesnt make you not have bad matchups but low tiers does make you have non pika/fox bowser/ddd matchups. its not really magic but when you take away all of the broken moves/techniques/characters/matchups it kinda does give everyone a better chance to win.

I could have sworn bowser and PT were in low tier and ranked above ike in D tier. and never have I ever seen either of those win a low tier tourney. (hmmm its good i noticed this, i was planning to play bowser in low tiers. but eff that sauce now...)

im debating whether i enter or not. i might just play ike just cus its free
I take your post, and I reply to you with ganondorf's matchup chart: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202473

Just cause it's low tiers doesn't mean there aren't terrible matchups.

Pretty sure if Magik or Reflex played in a low tier tourney, they'd win with PT. Same for Vex with Bowser. Pretty sure both of those characters have a MUCH higher learning curve than Ike. Stop johning about a SIDE EVENT already.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
I'll be showing up for brawl and melee. I'm the Ganon player from the rochester tournament. Yeah, now you remember me. Of course, I don't play ganon anymore, I play lucario. Oh and I might be bringing a setup. Melee only, I'm not sure whether I want to bring my wii, considering this is only my second tournament.

Foy

Smash Champion
Nah leave neil out. And you aren't there currently so just be part of draft crew. Which will be better then anything else.

Kantō

Smash Champion
@ CJT i work at gamestop, so i get a discount , thanks for the offer though.

ahhh i cant wait for this ****ing tourney!!!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I take your post, and I reply to you with ganondorf's matchup chart: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202473

Just cause it's low tiers doesn't mean there aren't terrible matchups.

Pretty sure if Magik or Reflex played in a low tier tourney, they'd win with PT. Same for Vex with Bowser. Pretty sure both of those characters have a MUCH higher learning curve than Ike. Stop johning about a SIDE EVENT already.
1. now im tempted to play ganon at this thing.
2. reflex would lose to san since ike ***** squirtle and squirtle is the only pokemon worth talking about.
3. vex's bowser would get messed up, vex doesnt even win his own low tier tourneys. Pretty sure =/= facts. and the fact are what you need to get straight.
4. still <3 ya tho. even if you are horribly wrong.

Considering I am going to be at RIT in the fall, you could just put me on the main roster for the melee crew battle. Neil attends too, just not currently.
well i wanted to keep it fair and interesting so i only listed the people that travel to go to RIT as the main roster.

Woooahhhh no way Binghamton isn't in the brawl crews T_T!!!

I don't play any melee anyways.

just so we are clear here. its not like were going to have time to do tons and tons of crew battles seeing as just one will take almost an hour regardless of game.

so if you are trying to randomly pull together a rag tagg bunch of people for a crew battle, its not really worth it, as there are better things you could be doing with your time.

the only reason we were doing a roc vs cuse crew battle is cus the cuse kids have been begging to get stomped on in one ever since the return of rochester like 4 months ago.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
The entire rest of the tournament was amazing. Don't you guys know about melee GF? There will be puff and it will suck LOL it's the pound curse (as of p3)

Massive diss and hate from Mango at the end towards Hbox. Lots of european hate towards Hbox.

Everyone hates Hbox for what he is doing / who he is playing lol...

Hey, at least it's not MK dittos! ^___________________ ^

but there were so many amazing and ridiculous sets. Europe finally shows their worth, but you can't beat those puffs.

EDIT: anyone coming to this who plays melee must play me =)

Acton

Smash Journeyman
As a falco player, I'd love to see more crew battles then just rochester vs syracuse. I mean if its just going to be five people I'm def not top five in cuse area, so maybe rag tag crew teams could be nice.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I've got HYPE.

We've got three possible winners. Snakeee, Pikapika!, and san.

If that's not hype I don't know what is.

Top Bottom