• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Or get a Palkia and just Thunder everything lol.

I'll bring some extra cash for gas money. I hate how gas costs $3.50+ a gallon in Cali. It's ******** >_>

manacloud1

Smash Champion
i agree

Or get a Palkia and just Thunder everything lol.

I'll bring some extra cash for gas money. I hate how gas costs $3.50+ a gallon in Cali. It's ******** >_>
gas is insane here , but so is the californian economy. California is just an expensive place to live thats why everyone wants to live here, but cannot. Im talking about the rich parts of california not the ghetto parts.

in addition, the first shirt was just created today in black and white and it looks amazing. Hopefully the colored shirt will be even more amazing =). 39 shirts total, if you really want a shirt please post in advance so i have a number of how many i should make over 39 for those who cant get one.
Its not everyday you get a smash bros melee shirt drawn by manacloud at oc3 =).

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I agree with that one, I was trying to figure out what it was til I read Overswarms post xD

Peach's dress looks amazing though.

jon playa

Smash Cadet
Mana, something came up and I cant come to OC3 anymore. Please remove my name from the registered lists. Sorry guys. I live close though, and PM me know about any bi-weeklys or any other tourneys.

AnujSuper9

Smash Lord
Yeah, gas around here sucks ***.

Anyway, how can the shirts be done if all of the characters aren't done yet?
And how much are they again?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol heh

Yeah, gas around here sucks ***.

Anyway, how can the shirts be done if all of the characters aren't done yet?
And how much are they again?
the first print was black and white without color and it looks amazing, I am hoping to finish sometime soon so i can print the one with color to scan it to show everyone what they are purchasing.

The ink im using is high quality ink and i think i mentioned this before. But i am calculating everything it took me to get the shirts and the cost of the materials is what people are buying. It estimated to be exactly 5 dollars over the original price because of the ink so im selling shirts for exactly 30 dollars no more no less. Originally i planned 25 but the original ink sucks and wears off quickly or even peels off you would say. The newer ink stays on longer if you turn the shirts inside out to wash and you can wear it for longer amounts of time. If it fades the fade will be like someone wiped a tint over it instead of removing the image itself.

So yes 30 dollars a shirt.

People might think this is expensive for a shirt, but if you consider the amount of time ive spent on this drawing, and its the only one of a kind shirt for smash bros melee kind of thing with individual artistic expression, plus my time going to get the shirts, and ink, stuck in traffic and gas money it isnt much. So I hope people understand what it took me to go make these. With that said, if i manage to sell all 39 shirts im going to be really happy actually, not mainly because of the money but people are actually wearing my design. Ill probably keep one to myself and get player signatures and just frame it and hang it on my wall or something.

also as for gas yeah its ridiculous in california, some people pay up to 100 for a full tank of gas because they drive hummers, and kens car takes around 65 dollars a day just for a drive to los angeles and back.

Oh yeah and eci4 - you dont have to go to oc3 to buy one, if you have any friends attending or know someone in your area they can buy one for you. If that doesnt work ill probably find a way to get them sent via mail or something. I think. Originally i wanted to design a shirt where smashers could just wear to say hey im a smasher or something. Those shirts really dont exist outside of this community. Mookie rah was only the other person that actually made shirts for fc, then he stopped.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Hey I just wanted to point out that Ken said cameras are allowed and camcorders aren't, but in the OC info packet it says that even camcorders are alright as long as you aren't recording matches. You may want to change that so there isn't confusion ><.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

Hey I just wanted to point out that Ken said cameras are allowed and camcorders aren't, but in the OC info packet it says that even camcorders are alright as long as you aren't recording matches. You may want to change that so there isn't confusion ><.
camcorders are allowed outside the building. They arent allowed inside the building. Cameras are allowed inside and out as long as u do not use the video buttons on your cameras and take pictures of the owners merchandise. We will allow pictures of players,trophies and everything else except a direct shot at the tv. This may cause us confusion on whether you are using the video mode on your digital cameras or not. So we would probably consficate the camera so its better if you dont do it at all. So lets say you want to record smashers and interview them its perfectly fine to do it outside with a camcorder. Also its nice outside in california.

Inside it is not okay, due to two reasons: the owner of the venue said no, and we are also probably going to make dvds for recoup on losses. I am more concerned about the venue owner though because he has valuable merchandise in the venue stored that we are going to block off of course. its also nothing you can steal because its soo large , but the design i think is private stuff he doesnt want his competitors to see. So he basically said no cam corders. The only one with a cam corder will probably be my sister because caotic isnt going anymore due to stupid reasons, helen is taking over his position. She will be recording interviews and people in action. Nobody else will be allowed to have cam corders. As for matches that are recorded inside we are taking full charge of that and everything will be inspected. If people are caught we will delete their data and kick them out of the venue , thats how serious we are, both for our sakes and the venue owners sake. So i think thats why the packet reads it like that. I am just make it more clear here.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Oh yeah and eci4 - you dont have to go to oc3 to buy one, if you have any friends attending or know someone in your area they can buy one for you. If that doesnt work ill probably find a way to get them sent via mail or something. I think. Originally i wanted to design a shirt where smashers could just wear to say hey im a smasher or something. Those shirts really dont exist outside of this community. Mookie rah was only the other person that actually made shirts for fc, then he stopped.
Exactly... all video game clothes are either mass marketed retro stuff, or personally made... As for the cost, 30 is quite reasonable for that shirt... I mean, the artwork is well done, and original, that and the availability of the shirt, it's a great deal. I'ma see if anyone from around MN or WI is going, though I expect they aren't, we kind of don't travel too much.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
ATTENION 0c3 STAFF, MANDATORY 0c3 STAFF MEETING JULY, FRIDAY THE 13th at 12:00pm, MY HOUSE, YES MANDATORY, everyone who is staff must be there

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I have another question: How will the situation with showers work? I've read that the staff has rented a hotel room and such, I just want to know how three hundred people will all manage to take a shower before the tournament ends. Also, will there be restrooms at the venue?

Weird questions , I know, but I just took a shower and a huge dump, so it got me thinking. Thanks in advance.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

I have another question: How will the situation with showers work? I've read that the staff has rented a hotel room and such, I just want to know how three hundred people will all manage to take a shower before the tournament ends. Also, will there be restrooms at the venue?

Weird questions , I know, but I just took a shower and a huge dump, so it got me thinking. Thanks in advance.
with the showers it will be first come first serve , meaning the earlier u want to take a shower the better. AS for bathrooms, there are bathrooms at the venue.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Great ideas always occur on that throne. =w=

Team Hawaii will turn in its flight times as soon our local tournament is finished on the 7th. Winners may end up being sponsored and stuff. Sorry it's so last minute. And after getting pulled over yesterday I don't think I'll be doing any driving up there. @_@

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
I just passed by this thread and got a sight at those ssbm shirts drawn by Manacloud.
Very nice :D
So i just wondred, is it possible to buy one of those even if i live in Europe >.> (and not coming to OC3)
Again, amazing shirt ^^;

Rickety

Peace and Love
Nicky sends out Dragonite!
Ken sends out Skarmory!

Dragonite used Thunderpunch!
A Critical Hit! It's Super-Effective!

Skarmory is Paralyzed!

---

LOL
Pokemon is too haxy <3

<3
rick

P.S. Staff meeting will be ridiculous :-P
I'll be sure to find out what else we need for OC3, as well.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Shouldn't Draggy run T-bolt over thunderpunch? Besides, it's Skarm with it's fugly 140 base Def >_>

I still hate SkarmBliss. Ever since GSC came out...

Anyways...Where will we be sleeping? I know we should bring sleeping bags, etc. but would there be cots, or would we just be sleeping out on the floor?

KnightDamian

Smash Cadet
Wow, can't believe I've ignored the boards for this long and not noticed this. Thank god I've got ken on AIM. I'm going to try and make this but it's gonna be hard in such short notice. Mike if you see this post, I left a message on ken's aim on me current standing. God I hope I can make this, BOMBSOLDIER FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Shouldn't Draggy run T-bolt over thunderpunch? Besides, it's Skarm with it's fugly 140 base Def >_>

I still hate SkarmBliss. Ever since GSC came out...

Anyways...Where will we be sleeping? I know we should bring sleeping bags, etc. but would there be cots, or would we just be sleeping out on the floor?
you'd be sleeping on the floors. Girls will have their seperate room, but also on the floors. There will be rugs of carpet for us to roll out and for you to sleep on. BUT please remember to bring sleeping Bags...... PLEASeE!!

Miharu

Smash Hero
you'd be sleeping on the floors. Girls will have their seperate room, but also on the floors. There will be rugs of carpet for us to roll out and for you to sleep on. BUT please remember to bring sleeping Bags...... PLEASeE!!
Lol @ gender separation

manacloud1

Smash Champion
on the side note

im surpise we even got so many females going to oc3. it wont be a sausage fest thats for sure. Maybe a B.O fest.

As for the shirts zephy, there has been a lot of people who want to buy one online and stuff, so i gotta work that out some how, but i would love to get my work noticed in other countries as well. So hopefully I can get them to people outside of the usa.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
It's cool dude. Ken knows what happens when I end up in a room full of women.

In layman's terms... I *** them.
No, it means they're going to keep the females restrained during the night.

I can only say "no" for so long.
I see, that's why Hugs does so well against peach players. Usually at smash tournaments it's just a huge sausagefest, so the next thing that even comes close to being females are peach players. Of course, unless they are a huge fat white guy, but who knows, I don't know hugs well enough but perhaps.... :lick:

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Ok mana, very nice ^-^
Plz post the full result of the shirt when ur finished here :D

Echo

Smash Champion
It's cool dude. Ken knows what happens when I end up in a room full of women.

In layman's terms... I *** them.
could be one of the funniest things i've ever read on these boards... however Wes has had some legends of his own (see chillins sig)

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Great ideas always occur on that throne. =w=

Team Hawaii will turn in its flight times as soon our local tournament is finished on the 7th. Winners may end up being sponsored and stuff. Sorry it's so last minute. And after getting pulled over yesterday I don't think I'll be doing any driving up there. @_@
Quoted for Truth, good sir. I want to play some Hawaiians, son. Can you provide that tropical goodness to me?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I think we can provide that goodness you crave. lolz

I'm up for any challengers. I'm so pumped for this. If you want Maxx I'll take you on. That is if you don't mind playing a Zelda. =w=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom