• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

03/17/2007 GIGABITS - Smashing on Saint Patrick's Day

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
• Start on time with low tier teams, then to normal doubles, then normal singles, then low tier singles for die-hards that still want to stick around that late.
Agreed. i was one of the people who was almost totally drained by the time that normal singles came along. i didn't play my best because of it. but no johns. If you think about it, most people can't just choose to show up for the normal tourney because some of us live a ways away and car pool with people who play in more than one event.

Another side of the argument: this whole thing happened that late because it was overcrowded and only had 8 tv's. If we had more space and about 6 more tv's than it would have gone a lot lot faster. We should also dedicate about 3 extra tv's (maybe some 13' inch tv's at the back of the store) to friendlies all day, that way we won't get people playing during tournaments and taking up alot of time. People MUST take the initiative and bring more TV's and cubes. it would be so helpful.

somedude123

Smash Ace
agreed with both pritch and phana's suggestions, low tiers should either be replaced with pools or moved after singles. A 3 hour drive home at 1am is most definately not a fun thing to do right after a 15 hour tourney.

derf

Smash Ace
it was cool seeing you guys again. much love for sefl. youre all mad cool and a pleasure to chill with. i do miss johnny though

somedude123

Smash Ace
he could not take off on saturday thats why he didnt come, however, he technically could have made it (he got out at 6pm) had he known singles would start at 10pm....

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Had a good time at skrach/otru's smashfest
Didn't get to enter single/double due to low tier taking way to long.

Shout outs:

My Crew: Good ****, everyone rep'd TNT pretty well.. Colin, good **** lil buddy.

WATO: Frendlies were fun as well as the crew battle. You know we're down for that rematch you want.

vZaKat: had a good time playing with ya for bit that roy was impressive.

Smashmac: Nice meeting you at the tourney, it's always cool to chill with another Doc player.

Pritch: always fun smashin with ya dude.

Phanna: you're samus is 2good, the missle dodging was fun, i felt like a ninja.

Rice/Derf: fun matches @ skrach's

Rock/QDVS: Nice to meet you guys, and rock.. intense match with your fox. i fvcked up caping your firefox FTL. I just about never miss the capes.

Everyone else: GOOD ****:)

Green_Mario

Smash Journeyman
i get less love than df and colbol :(
****ing tired at singles :p

shouts
qdvs- butt
rock-ur gw got owned heh
xif- nice...
dashizwiz- *shove*
exarch- keep rooting for me
keepspeedn- owned

PHANNA- when are the vids coming out?? of my luigi of course lol...id appreciate me vs keepspeedn those were nice

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I agree with Exarch and Phanna.

Also surprised to see Lumbro post. He's a great guy, it'd be sweet if he got back into Smash.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
I sure wish I could of stayed for singles.Thanks for playing my brother Phanna he sure is a happy camper now. :chuckle:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Hey, I didn't turn it down before just because of pools...I knew they weren't going to ditch the low tier tourneys for this gigs, and I really didn't want the thing to go yet another 4 hours....

For the next one, though, I'd be in favor of no low tier tourneys, and pools.

Just to clarify...

good catch though. haha

SmashMac

Smash Lord
This was an amazing tourney. Good job to Colbol and Nouc for beating me. I had a great time and played a lot of amazing people. More shoutouts later when time is possible. Good job SWFL for doing great and great job to Dark Falchion and Col Bol (Don't Blink) for placing top 3. Good job to my brother DaShizWiz for winning the tournament and to my brother KeepSpeedN for getting 5th.

On a real quick note, are the full results going to be put up?

Zoro

Smash Champion
me an smashmac have the same hoodie : ) but then again so does everyone else

**** hot topic man!

im gonna try and find me a black confederate flag hoodie
GOTTA REPRESENT THE SOUTH YO

OTRU...

Smash Champion
phanna u hooked it up nasty with those videos

this tourney has drained my soul n everything it was so fvckin long!!! low tiers messed up everything n i knew it was gonna b like that

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Any word on when the next Gigs is taking place and whether or not SFL and/or NFL will be there? This last tourney was too fun, even with the 8 extra hours of low-tiers ;)

Also I agree fully with Exarch.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Who knows, we don't have full results, and I'm unsure if we're going to get them.

As such; we should all post who we beat/lost too. Here's mine.

Winners:
Beat BYE, Lost to Skrach

Losers:
Beat Purekorea, Lost to GM

(Oh yeah i ***** this tournament!!!!)

This way we'll be able to construct results ourselves.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Beat BYE (It was close, though), Beat Linguini 2-0, Beat SmashMac 2-0, Beat XIF 2-0, Lost to Shiz 1-2, Beat lambchops 2-0, beat UberIce 2-1, lost to Josh 1-3.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Otru I want that picture that you took of me beasting in sexiness. Colbol, good job on wearing that shirt.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
wow...again...great tourney...as far as the time problems...i think they should just get rid of low tier teams...and start with low tier singles at 10....then doubles and singles..we should be fine if we do that...we cant get rid of low tiers completely...i need to play PIKA!!!!...shoutouts later..i have to go and watch 300....AGAIN!!!!...peace

-hiroshi

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Might have had a bye. Beat zoro. Went fox and lost to rip. Went sheik and lost to Linguini. I'm a tool.

I took most of Queen's money in his non-marth MM's. Please, like his non-mains are better than main, :lick:

I encourage everyone to watch RockCrock's DK in low tier singles. Disgusting.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hahah, those were too fun though, and the way I lost the Falco one was random!!!

But I did win with Fox!!!

Your Samus is much better than the last time we played!!!

Too good!!!

:colorful:

EDIT: Dave stop going butt characters and **** with yo samus!!!

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
col bol: I request a rematch under one condition...

Its not past midnight after an 18 hour day from a 4 hour sleep

that one friendly we had, while I know it was just a friendly, I know I was playing so much better (focused, awake, still had some 5 hour energy shot energy in me).

so yeah =)

Col Bol

Smash Champion
It's true though, he did seem more aware, and ended up beating me in that friendly. Sure, I'll play you again, your peach is II good ;)

hahah ur actaully modest unlike shizwiz whne he won his 1st tourney lmao he was sucking his own **** u should have seent it LOL. its all good i still love u shiz u made me proud by using all my comboes and forward tilts. see what i told u isnt it broken to forward tilt?

Top Bottom