• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
You can't airdodge when your grounded and you get hit with zair at those percents, they also combo into the majority of the other moves they were doing. The offstage stuff didn't really have too many windows for the characters to WISELY choose to airdodge, some points if you look closely they are being hit out of their jumps/aerials/up b's, etc. In the clips where airdodging may have been an ok choice they were just baited and the opponent proceeded to get hit with more and more bairs

w/e not arguing on the vid lmao, it *****

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Who cares if it has anything to do with Marth, just appreciate the goodness lol

Half the stuff posted in this thread isn't even smash related, let alone dealing with Marth himself. It's a general discussion thread for people who main Marth not hey everyone let's all discuss Marth, in which that doesn't happen here too often anyway xD

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
The days in which Marth was discussed in this thread have long passed. Plus, that video was pretty awesome.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been bitten by a black widow.
I think i can take it.

Bring it on, Australia. I'm ready for you. :mad:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaya, apex next year me n attila are going and you are to.
only if we can make sure a lot of other specific aussies don't find out.
And hence don't follow us :3

But I was planning on going to the states like this januaryish... maybe.
And pound 5 is around... even though a brawl tournament through plank has me worried.
Mew2king said he'd have my babies/house me if I teach him how to program.

Problem with apex would be that aussie winter holidays for americas summer is like 2-3 weeks... I'd rather stay for a while !_!

Because I have mad crushes on the following people:

1. Havok
2. Bardull's mom
3. Bardull
4. MikeHaze
5. DSF's girlfriend's "coca cola" can
6. Pierce
7. D0N
8. Tyrant
9. Fiction
10. Lain
11. SamuraiPanda
12. UTDZac

I need to spend a week each with them.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
but I hear pound4 was like:

"what's happening with brawl?"
"well melee doubles is about to start, and we're setting up the projectile for some melee matches, and switching over some tvs for melee, and forcing all non-melee players to wait outside."
"but what about brawl?"
"I just told you what's happening with melee"
"BRAAAAA OOOOORRRRRRLLLLL"
"MEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH LAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"
"B R"
"M E"

"**** it I'll just have melee"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kaHkEH3nk8w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kaHkEH3nk8w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

tibs7

Smash Champion
Hence why I posted in the marth boards :)
ughhh, January is too soon :/ I need to save.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i had no problem playing lots of brawl matches all weekend...i hear that the livestream sucked for brawl, but at the actual venue there wasnt really a problem...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm just sceptical.

Genesis, the largest brawl tournament ever? was run by Melee TOs.
If you were there, and I was, a large portion of the brawl player base that I talked to felt that the experience was quite ... lacking.
Things like the tos giving preference to melee tvs, projector usage, and even more - the brawl tournament was forced to finish in a crowded hotel room (which I was in the room for) because of... what many around me considered biased scheduling / resource management. Melee TVs were having consistent friendlies played whilst Brawl couldn't even finish pools.

The general opinion of how genesis went as a tournament was pretty poor from my fellow aussies.
It generally gave me the opinion that going to a tournament run by melee tos, who publicly advocate dislike for brawl, but want brawl there for.... covering venue fees and give over all preference to one over the other has me worried about spending $2000+ to travel just to be disappointed.

Now I'm not sure what the general melee opinion is on Apex... But I generally feel a lot of trust for Alex Strife.

But yeah... Pound5 sounds great... but I'd hate to have a repeat experience like genesis, and when I've heard bad things about the organisation of brawl by the TOs there I worry too...

like honestly, I just wanted to go to the states and hang out.
wanted to be in New York for new years, see San Francisco, washington D.C...
also meet up with some of the good peoples in the smash scene...

Pound5 happening is a nice coincidence.. I suppose. But If I go to the states it wouldn't be for pound... wouldn't want to get my hopes up.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I felt no difference between Brawl and Melee on Apex, it didn't feel like either was penalized in favor of the other either. The fact that Jason participated in all events slowed every event down, but you can't blame any of the games for that (just Jason, or something (not really)).

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeah see what chair said! Apex is where it's at bro.

We'll stay for a month. Special consideration was made for
things like this :)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Shaya, the reason pound 4 brawl was run poorly and ignored was because vg bootcamp and i had miscommunication. I expected them to basically run the whole brawl side of things while I ran melee, but they spent the entire time on livestream and doing their food thing to make money. This left Tantalus kind of stuck running brawl all on his own, and i've definitely apologized for the lack of attention brawl got at p4. At apex Alex hired vgbootcamp to run brawl, and they actually DID it there, and did a good job. I think p4 was their first big tournament they worked too, and its tough.

P4 was my 1st national brawl tournament i've ran and like my 5th melee one, so i was still learning. All of my tournaments have a history of growing and being way better than the last, and this will be the same case for brawl at p5 as well.

Regardless of whether or not I personally prefer a game, I think everyone deserves the same tournament experience no matter what they play. I wouldn't even consider myself a "melee TO". Maybe I started that way, but i've been trying to move out of that role and more into just TO. I spent months running around to conventions running tournies for both games, and also now I'm incorporating SSFIV just because I think it's ****ed up our communities are split.

You don't have to believe me, but i promise anybody who comes won't be disappointed. My tournaments are my lovechild for everybody, not just for melee players. I'm going to be way more vocal about this in the thread and to other people, thanks for opening up my eyes.

tl;dr: p5 will **** for all. p4 just made me make sure i had a reliable team for brawl for p5, because I am not able to do it all myself.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
shaya where are u from
From space.

Shaya, the reason pound 4 brawl was run poorly and ignored was because vg bootcamp and i had miscommunication. I expected them to basically run the whole brawl side of things while I ran melee, but they spent the entire time on livestream and doing their food thing to make money. This left Tantalus kind of stuck running brawl all on his own, and i've definitely apologized for the lack of attention brawl got at p4. At apex Alex hired vgbootcamp to run brawl, and they actually DID it there, and did a good job. I think p4 was their first big tournament they worked too, and its tough.

P4 was my 1st national brawl tournament i've ran and like my 5th melee one, so i was still learning. All of my tournaments have a history of growing and being way better than the last, and this will be the same case for brawl at p5 as well.

Regardless of whether or not I personally prefer a game, I think everyone deserves the same tournament experience no matter what they play. I wouldn't even consider myself a "melee TO". Maybe I started that way, but i've been trying to move out of that role and more into just TO. I spent months running around to conventions running tournies for both games, and also now I'm incorporating SSFIV just because I think it's ****ed up our communities are split.

You don't have to believe me, but i promise anybody who comes won't be disappointed. My tournaments are my lovechild for everybody, not just for melee players. I'm going to be way more vocal about this in the thread and to other people, thanks for opening up my eyes.

tl;dr: p5 will **** for all. p4 just made me make sure i had a reliable team for brawl for p5, because I am not able to do it all myself.
I'm glad to read this, honestly. I could give further opinion but it's 2:30am.
There's a bit of interest in pound5 from Australia already though, for interest's sake.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Come to Texas, Shaya. It's like Australia, but with cowboys instead of Crocodile Dundey.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
gay is a mediocre character with a bunch of tricks

at least he looks cute and has pork on him at all times right

uhhuh

:012:

Top Bottom