• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Haha, I love getting Uthrow kills at 200%. My opponents always over shield, because ANYTHING will kill them, and you can pummel so many times, and just throw safe pokes, with a fully refreshed moveset. Once they hit 140%, I start working towards it (since untipper Fair STILL doesn't kill)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Haha, I love getting Uthrow kills at 200%. My opponents always over shield, because ANYTHING will kill them, and you can pummel so many times, and just throw safe pokes, with a fully refreshed moveset. Once they hit 140%, I start working towards it (since untipper Fair STILL doesn't kill)
Yea, around 200 is when it's time to *gasp* actually use spotdodge.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I'm more likely to DS OoS than grab pummel uthrow at those percents >.<

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Is spot-dodging really that bad?
>_< I hate it when n00b stuff works on most of the people I play, so I think it's actually good. :mad:
It can be quite useful. I use it on snakes who shield their own nades and get predictable with their c4. PS is usually the better option as it's also quick and less punishable, though.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
It can be quite useful. I use it on snakes who shield their own nades and get predictable with their c4. PS is usually the better option as it's also quick and less punishable, though.
I see... My PSing sucks, I usually only use it for Falco's lasers, so I pretty much side step all day long for everything else. I need to work on that then. Haha!

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I see... My PSing sucks, I usually only use it for Falco's lasers, so I pretty much side step all day long for everything else. I need to work on that then. Haha!
PS is one of my favorite techs. After almost every attack that I don't plan to string into something else I either shield or hop... Shielding blocks any punishment they try to start and hopping puts me in position to nair/fair oncoming attacks. Which I decide to do obviously depends on the character I'm facing, the percents and stocks of us both and the tendancies of my opponent.
I find myself powershielding FAR more than I stepdodge.

Reizilla

Interesting. I'll try that stuff out. It makes more sense than what I was doing before. Haha

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
So uh... I heard Marth was pretty cool. I've been using him more lately. I need a good doubles character. Right now it's between Wario and Marth.

Convince me. :O

VietGeek

Smash Hero
So uh... I heard Marth was pretty cool. I've been using him more lately. I need a good doubles character. Right now it's between Wario and Marth.

Convince me. :O
Depends on what you want.

Wario can be multi-purpose. Also does okay vs MK in those showdown moments toward the end of a match.

Marth can hold stocks, play defensive, play gay, and did I mention he's **** GOOD at holding those stocks?

I don't know if I'm convincing him or not. <_<

You guys can laugh now...

maybe I'm just not cut out for this...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wario:

Charge Forward Smaash..

MUDA MUDA DA...

KEEP CHARGING...

MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA UDA....

KILL AT 50%

WRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

^ That's me when I play Wario. Especially in DOUBLES.
Muda

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Marth is realllly good in doubles imo. He's really good teaming w/ someone heavy, like snake, rob, d3, and he can literally just hide behind them since these characters are gernally good in 2v1, and then just space / hide and be a monster stock tank. Works pretty well for me lol. Then again im probably biased, cuz I played as wario about 5 times xD

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
but MK just got banned from HOBO (and supposedly all of TX, at least the RGV). :(
I'm stuck in missouri. I complain about that quite a lot.

Don't expect my marth or Mk at any big tourneys any time soon.

And I know who helped ban Mk at HOBO. A buddy of mine. I suppose it was the only advancement that pro bans made.

Reizilla

I'm stuck in missouri. I complain about that quite a lot.

Don't expect my marth or Mk at any big tourneys any time soon.

And I know who helped ban Mk at HOBO. A buddy of mine. I suppose it was the only advancement that pro bans made.
I see. I've always been pro-ban and the main reason why I never implemented it in my tourneys, and why a lot of people might be scared of it, is because there's no guarantee that others will follow suit and that would just make it even worse for people to play MK without having tourney practice against him. I'm hopeful this can start a chain reaction type thing though.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only problem I've had with Wario as opposed to Marth in doubles is that I can't read as well in doubles.

For me, Marth is more autopilot. My matches with him are more about trying to keep perfect spacing and just zoning my opponents and fitting in that occasional poke to try to get them to move around. I can react to everything my opponent does rather than relying on predicting what they'll do when I weave through the air with Wario.

In doubles, some of that predictability is gone. I've found that people just... act differently. I also can't see the individual characters very well. >_>

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I see. I've always been pro-ban and the main reason why I never implemented it in my tourneys, and why a lot of people might be scared of it, is because there's no guarantee that others will follow suit and that would just make it even worse for people to play MK without having tourney practice against him. I'm hopeful this can start a chain reaction type thing though.
I see.
Not a bad idea.

But every tourney I've been to sees that Mk shouldn't be banned at all. And that there is nothing special about him that makes him outshine the rest of the cast.

I don't care whether he gets banned or not just because of my location. I was placing first with my marth, and now its just gonna get easier.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
For me, Marth is more autopilot. My matches with him are more about trying to keep perfect spacing and just zoning my opponents and fitting in that occasional poke to try to get them to move around. I can react to everything my opponent does rather than relying on predicting what they'll do when I weave through the air with Wario.
Imo the big problem with that is Marth on auto-pilot stops working when you start facing people of equal or near equal skill level....or anyone who you have a bad matchup with but is decent(not necessarily better than you). Usually if you talk to good Marth's, they'll tell you playing him match after match against the swarm of mk's(even though they aren't that good) is mentally tiring.

Basically if you're looking for someone who does alright on auto-pilot, Wario might do a bit better I think.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
My [bad] Marth is autopilot. :3

I'll probably get a friend to put some vids up soon.

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
Yes, auto-piloting with Marth is a terrible idea. I know I've played good matches when I have a nice good headache after them.

Reizilla

Marth is not a plane, and therefore cannot be auto-piloted.
Marth is a truck. A 4x4, because he plays in the mud a lot. :laugh:

And these Marth boards actually help a lot. I beast my brother a lot more consistently now :D I should have come here a long time ago. haha

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I apologize for interrupting any discussion going on, but I haven't yet offically introduced myself to the Marth boards. So...

...glad to be here. I enjoy following the discussions that occur on this thread; I have posted here once or twice but not anything important. :laugh:

Top Bottom