• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I finished Toradora! That Anime was amazing. Like trip into nosebleed combo amazing.

Better than Haruhi making funny faces at you. I'm talking to you ZMT. /troll

Yeaaaahhhhhhh

I heard there was going to be a VN for it. <.<

This relates to Marth as there are beautiful people in Toradora, and Marth is beautiful.

Mm...yeah...

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Did anyone play Zombies Ate My Neighbors for the SNES besides me?

Great times with that game.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sheesh, guys. I don't play literally on autopilot. Of course I think about what I'm doing, lol.

Playing Marth is really different for me, though. (Olimar mainer, here) For example, when someone hits my shield as Olimar, I look to see how far they're spaced, I remember which pikmin I have up next, I try to remember which ones I have up next in my line, and I decide in that split moment whether the attributes of those pikmin would better suit a shieldgrab (if i can even shieldgrab in time before they jab or spotdodge, considering that the pikmin in the grabs travel at 3 different speeds), shield drop->attack, continue shielding, or roll away.

When I'm Marth, I can be rest assured that I'll hit with a dolphin slash out of shield. It's way simpler than all that. >_>

Albert.

Smash Master
Sheesh, guys. I don't play literally on autopilot. Of course I think about what I'm doing, lol.

Playing Marth is really different for me, though. (Olimar mainer, here) For example, when someone hits my shield as Olimar, I look to see how far they're spaced, I remember which pikmin I have up next, I try to remember which ones I have up next in my line, and I decide in that split moment whether the attributes of those pikmin would better suit a shieldgrab (if i can even shieldgrab in time before they jab or spotdodge, considering that the pikmin in the grabs travel at 3 different speeds), shield drop->attack, continue shielding, or roll away.

When I'm Marth, I can be rest assured that I'll hit with a dolphin slash out of shield. It's way simpler than all that. >_>

wow this dude pays attention to which pikmin is where?

I thought everybody just chucks them pikmin around just for fun!

DO THE COLORS MATTER??

:chuckle:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not all 6. That's a bit excessive. I do need to look at the first couple though. It helps maximize the amount of damage I give from stuff.

For example, let's say I'm fighting a Falco player. I take a stock off of him and up next in my pikmin line I've got a yellow, yellow, red. I get a grab on him at zero cuz I'm cool like that. Yellows have more hitstun, so it'll allow me to have one guaranteed chaingrab. I dthrow->regrab. From there I've got a red up next. I've grabbed with a yellow. If I dthrow again, I can get the guaranteed fair. Or I can upthrow because the increased hitstun will allow me to combo that into an upair- an upair that does 24% damage because it's red. That's about 42-43% from those three pikmin.

edit: Anyways, this thread isn't 'bout Oli.
Let Marth chatter continue!

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Lol, olimar topic completely derailed this thread. I've been off of brawl for about a week due to cold h4x but now I'm back and marth feels nice and fresh to me. More marths should try taking a break whenever they feel they've hit a wall *cough* Viet that meanz u *cough*

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Is it true Ness can't run?

Wtf man Ninten is better than Ness o_o
ewww i tried earthbound and it was boring

Zombies Ate My Neighbors >>>>>>>>>>>> Earthbound

As far as RPGs go, SMRPG, CT, ToP, Star Ocean, etc were all leagues better than Earthbound.

But......

Zombies Ate My Neighbors was better than all of those. Still... best game on SNES = Donkey Kong Country.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Toradora wasn't amazing Viet Geek...

I think you enjoyed it because you're an emo kid.
You obviously don't like Inko-chan.

HE ****ING SAID HIS NAME.

Undeniably awesome.

ewww i tried earthbound and it was boring
The only one that was fun for me was MOTHER 3. <_<

But I guess it wasn't fun because you can't feel the wind in your face.

Obv.

Lol, olimar topic completely derailed this thread. I've been off of brawl for about a week due to cold h4x but now I'm back and marth feels nice and fresh to me. More marths should try taking a break whenever they feel they've hit a wall *cough* Viet that meanz u *cough*
Yeah but my break is permanent. I'm not gonna play a game I don't like. I have Melee when I need to be reminded of stupid ****.

Sheik Needle Canceling...umm yeah. Wobbling...<_<

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I apologize for interrupting any discussion going on, but I haven't yet offically introduced myself to the Marth boards. So...

...glad to be here. I enjoy following the discussions that occur on this thread; I have posted here once or twice but not anything important. :laugh:
Lol nice to meet you. Don't sweat it, it's a social thread, save the smart stuff for guides/Q&A's.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I finished Toradora! That Anime was amazing. Like trip into nosebleed combo amazing.

Better than Haruhi making funny faces at you. I'm talking to you ZMT. /troll

Yeaaaahhhhhhh

I heard there was going to be a VN for it. <.<

This relates to Marth as there are beautiful people in Toradora, and Marth is beautiful.

Mm...yeah...
Personally like Toradora>Haruhi more (don't hurt me ZMT plz i got sexy avy on).. though the ending was sorta disappointing imo and ending couple I didn't like, I mean ****, ryujii, got same hair as Marth LOL. (or similar)

but otherwise toradora *****

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Personally like Toradora>Haruhi more (don't hurt me ZMT plz i got sexy avy on).. though the ending was sorta disappointing imo and ending couple I didn't like, I mean ****, ryujii, got same hair as Marth LOL. (or similar)

but otherwise toradora *****
How the characters interacted with each other really made it so everything would backfire leaving the main hero and heroine to be with each other. I found it was really obvious but would've preferred it to be another pairing despite all that lol.

Ami (IMO) probably would've been a better couple since all the [relatively] short time with each other, they appear to be on the same wavelength. Minorin basically just hides everything from herself and others but doesn't want Taiga to do the same thing...blah blah

and that's how it was made.

Of course the whole story is obviously about Inko-chan despite all this. I wonder if there's a fantranslation for the VN yet.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Zombies Ate My Neighbors was better than all of those. Still... best game on SNES = Donkey Kong Country.
Mother 3 was good, or maybe im just a sucker for a sad/good storyline (i never finished it tho thx to having to wipe my cpu). As for best SNES game, i think Super Mario World is worth a mention
as well as Breath of Fire but im the only BOF fan here apparently >.>

You obviously don't like Inko-chan.

HE ****ING SAID HIS NAME.

Undeniably awesome.

The only one that was fun for me was MOTHER 3. <_<

But I guess it wasn't fun because you can't feel the wind in your face.

Obv.

Yeah but my break is permanent. I'm not gonna play a game I don't like. I have Melee when I need to be reminded of stupid ****.

Sheik Needle Canceling...umm yeah. Wobbling...<_<
Whachu mean??? Wobbling is fun so long as you are the one doing it. Plus, with ICs you can do all sorts of taunt related shenanigans with grabs and desyncs. Grabbing your opponent with Popo @ 100% and making Nana taunt b4 charging her usmash = epic lulz

P.S. I will throw in my 10 cents about Toradora later when i finish rotting my brain with Haruhi and K-on (yes, the weeaboo train has JUST left my station)

Tennet

Smash Champion
You do realize you can SHAKE the Wiimote in various directions, and it COULD be multiplayer... it could be wiichuck though.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I suck with Marth. Does anybody else have more trouble spacing tipper fairs than any other aerial?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
LOL i played zombies ate my neighbors on my wii, I got that via homebrew =). I got up to the mall level before I got bored lolz.
Did you play with a friend or by yourself? Amaaazing game lmao

I suck with Marth. Does anybody else have more trouble spacing tipper fairs than any other aerial?
Your name reminded me of the game.

Top Bottom