• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

mosesrko24

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this, but how do you guys think the best way to develop

reading/yomi ability? I mean being efficient is great and all (and kind of necessary), but it seems as

though the really good players make the good players look silly.

Any thoughts?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
EXPERIENCE.
500 billion years worth of experience,
by playing Neo on wifi.

Until you realise wifi is ****.
And isn't a determinant of skill, and go "WHYYY NEOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYY"
and go main meta knight, who needs mindgames with meta knight, amirite?

Onto the real topic
Link in smash 64 was the ****; spam down air until they die, and IF and only IF they somehow got past the inpenetrable wall of pain (**** you Fox) start to worry... with... your... ****... recovery... and all...

Oh but seriously, the more attention to detail you put into not just your choices but your opponents, plus having a great understanding of the game in general = greatness.
You should be asking "WHY DID THEY DO THIS" about every single thing your opponent does until you know their **** and 3 stock them (or if they aren't noob... keep up and then you both get better and become pros and beat m2k and ally)

mosesrko24

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff Shaya.

But its seems hard as hell to develop that kind of ability. Not only do you have to account for mixups in

every situation, but you have to remember things that happened like 2 minutes ago and keep track of

things like that.

This game is pretty hard to get good at despite what people say.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Good stuff Shaya.

But its seems hard as hell to develop that kind of ability. Not only do you have to account for mixups in

every situation, but you have to remember things that happened like 2 minutes ago and keep track of

things like that.

Of course it is, basically all fighting games are difficult to master. It mostly comes with experience, even if you don't really think everything through, just knowing what works and what doesn't from experience will work wonders for you. Also, as Shaya said, general game knowledge is extremely important.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Trikes are too slow.

Look guys, I don't steal bikes for fun. They are faster getaways than walking on your feet.

Purple marth.

No.

I use black marth, default, and white when the lighting on the stage is okay.
Ever saw a mountain trike?
Those are pimp.
Can't say those aren't good.
How about a unike?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Good stuff Shaya.

things like that.

I kind of the same problem as you sorta. Except the opposite lol. My observation skills are really top tier (lol) I can pick up patterns really quickly but I don't seem to have reflexes skills to pull off what I want to do >.< It almost feels like a brickwall too.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I feel what hippie has is more closer to what I have. I have butterfingers syndrome lol.
I kind of the same problem as you sorta. Except the opposite lol. My observation skills are really top tier (lol) I can pick up patterns really quickly but I don't seem to have reflexes skills to pull off what I want to do >.< It almost feels like a brickwall too.
You guys need to hit up practice mode, and fling around attacks till its down to a science. Don't over do it, once before every play session a day will do the trick.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
You guys need to hit up practice mode, and fling around attacks till its down to a science. Don't over do it, once before every play session a day will do the trick.
i would it do it for like 3 hours a day, is that over doing it?

edit: im saying you should do it a lot lol

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
i would it do it for like 3 hours a day, is that over doing it?

edit: im saying you should do it a lot lol
I do it for about 2 hrs, it levels out I guess depending on you attention span. Your Marth is better then mine, so it's safe to go with yours aswell.

You still owe me MK wifi matches btw

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
hey is this where the cool kids hangout?
No, this aint to kkklub

People who don't use Holy Marth suck.

I want a Levin Marth ;_;
A Levin Marth would be so tight. + 1 on the range.

Ever saw a mountain trike?
Those are pimp.
Can't say those aren't good.
How about a unike?
I don't need to ride a trike to look pimp.

Stealing isn't fun.

Besides, a black dude stealing a trike? What the heck?

Marth and Wolf.... thoses are my mains....

Anyone here find Wolf a nice secondary?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Don't worry Fear, I'll make you at least Australian metagame standard (shouldn't get you 3 stocked ever [hopefully]) pre-genesis :D.

So you're going to be in NorCal around the time? how long are you there for before hand? Where are you exactly?

Lots of us are travelling up on Thursday before hand, you should join in the party! You even have a car! THAT'S SO AWESOME, MARRY ME!

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Aha! Hm, you mean fighting the cpu, or just on your own, running through various moves? Either sounds like a good idea. I hit up training often, but there's rarely any real logic to it. >.>

I need some kind of training routine :laugh:

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Don't worry Fear, I'll make you at least Australian metagame standard (shouldn't get you 3 stocked ever [hopefully]) pre-genesis :D.

So you're going to be in NorCal around the time? how long are you there for before hand? Where are you exactly?

Lots of us are travelling up on Thursday before hand, you should join in the party! You even have a car! THAT'S SO AWESOME, MARRY ME!
<3 Australian me. Bonus points if I come out being able to do an Aussy accent.

And I LIVE in norcal. Basically think where Genesis is, and I'm about 15 miles south.
You mean the Thursday before Genesis right? So the 9th?

Albert.

Smash Master
Punishment Divine I don't believe I have ever told you this, but a couple of years ago I read the Elfen Lied Manga up to ch. 56. I don't really remember much about it but I remember really liking it.

Teach it to me.

Edit: my new avatar doesn't really work for me, does it?

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I think I currently agree, how' s RoyR doing?
MikeHAZE is very good at punishing rolls, air dodges and other predictible actions. However, his defensive style makes him predictible against more defensive players. This makes it harder to get kills. He should be lucky Ally or Anti doesn't live in Socal, as he would have a lot of problems with their Snakes I think.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Yes. His attack style is very good, but West Coast in general has worse attack patterns than East Coast, and Mike Haze isn't an exception. I think it's possible he's the second best Marth though, I've been saying this for a while too Take.

I think Roy_R's talent is extraordinary, but he's still uneducated about a lot of things, and doesn't seem to intimately know match-ups, or have an in-depth understanding of certain situations. Nevertheless, he's still very smart, and very good.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I wouldn't say #3 is up for grabs, RoyR is amazing.

#4 is up for grabs though, I think it's either Kadaj or Pierce

Top Bottom