• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Kel

Smash Master
You say that like there was actually a chance Marth WASN'T going to be in the next Smash.
We were all worried about him not being in Brawl actually. Marth was one of the few characters that wasn't revealed until a couple days before release in Japan. For some reason Sakurai kept him and Wolf super secret from the Dojo and media. We thought that Sakurai just wanted to move on to new FE characters (like Ike) and forget about Marth and Roy.

I'm assuming Marth (with MK mask) and Chrom will be in Smash 4 due to how popular this game is.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, but this is not the same situation. I'm sure that because of Brawl, Marth, and most of the major Melee characters are pretty safe from being removed from Smash 4. :applejack:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
We were all worried about him not being in Brawl actually. Marth was one of the few characters that wasn't revealed until a couple days before release in Japan. For some reason Sakurai kept him and Wolf super secret from the Dojo and media. We thought that Sakurai just wanted to move on to new FE characters (like Ike) and forget about Marth and Roy.

I'm assuming Marth (with MK mask) and Chrom will be in Smash 4 due to how popular this game is.
Marth also hadn't had two games released recently at the time Brawl was being considered.

He was product placement in melee, and a relic of times gone by. I can see why you'd fear for him then.

But h's iconic at this point, and has had both Shadow Dragon (even though it's awful) and now Awakening in which he's a heavy focal point.

Also that's not Marth wearing the mask. He calls himself Marth, after the Marth of old. Awakening takes place on the same continent several centuries later, so they know of him.

If Marth isn't in the next one I'll eat my hat.

Additionally, I don't know if we'll get Chrom. He's VERY similar to both Marth and Ike, and I feel they'd have trouble differentiating a playstyle for him. They managed it with Ike because they turned Ragnell into a much heavier sword than it is in PoR/RD, he wields that **** with one hand in those.

But Chrom is functionally identical in movements to Ike from PoR. I'd..... be more likely to expect like, the Avatar character, maybe. Not sure if anyone else from Awakening really has a hard claim to it.

The problem I have is I don't see us getting 4 FE characters.

So either they drop Roy in favor of Chrom, or we don't get Chrom. I think we get Marth for sure, and like 80% chance of Ike.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It is possible that we won't get Roy back, you're right.

In order of likelihood:

Marth > Ike > Chrom > Roy

Kel

Smash Master
Awakening is the first FE game I've ever purchased/ played and I only did it because Marth is in it. I know it's not the real Marth, but I could see Sakurai replacing the old Marth with the new "marth" as he is more recent and looks cooler than the actual Marth in Awakening.

Kel

Smash Master
^That's what I figured, CJ. I mained Marth in Melee and reverted to him in Brawl so when Marth was in this new 3DS game and I saw the production value with the game, I figured it was time.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Already our you mean, he's recruitable.

DLC is free for now, but goes up to $2 in a few weeks. Roy is in the second DLC Pack for $2, or you can get the first 3 packs for $4.

:phone:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
oh, thought it'd be a little while before they released the dlc. Haven't had a chance to get the game yet but I probably should soon. Most likely tomorrow after work.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
One good mistake is enough to lose silly stocks. One wrong choice is enough to not get back when the other option would have.
Those dittos basically showed MN being at a 55% chance to "win" in every mini encounter that happened throughout those games.

Personally I hate how Marth dittos usually go though. One player is winning, but getting that last stock is so ****ing difficult once you're reset to 0% and likely to get chained to the ledge when you getting one hit doesn't equate much to them (usually). You get those disrespectful cows throwing out fsmashes constantly in these situations :( (you'd be surprised how cheesy fsmash is when spacing close ranged in marth dittos, risk reward is so skewed :()

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Finally finished FE6 after like 3 years. Which one should I play next? Don't have money to buy the new one :(
That relegates you to emulating 7, 8, Shadow Dragon (don't) or 12.

9 and 10 are Gamecube/Wii and probably less practical to emulate. They're also both very difficult to find now, and consequently expensive.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
That relegates you to emulating 7, 8, Shadow Dragon (don't) or 12.

9 and 10 are Gamecube/Wii and probably less practical to emulate. They're also both very difficult to find now, and consequently expensive.
I guess that means I'm doing 12. What's wrong with 1-5?

Shaya don't ever change your avatar.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I assumed you didn't necessarily want to go backwards in time.

No point in playing 1 or 3, as they are now 11/SD and 12.

I heard 2 wasn't very good.

4 and 5 are apparently quite good, but I haven't the taste for the SNES FE's.

:phone:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I should read it in an Australian accent then :awesome: actually, I tend to think British when reading FE.

I'll try working backwards then. And yes, this is your best avatar yet, Shaya.

Top Bottom