• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

clowsui

Smash Legend
C.J. is like the nicest stalker ever.

He shows up wherever I post but I don't mind. Usually my stalkers are perverted old men trying to get it in. And the occasional Clowsui popping up the random character boards I post in :smirk: This is refreshing.
Marths always stay sexy.

A penguin like you couldn't understand.

:denzel:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Mikeneko is the master of Marth's reversal aerial rush,
is the gambit of down tilt to spot dodge.

His style is so cut and dry (other than his sweet raring), but is realistically what Emblem Lord ever wanted out of a Marth main.

His spot dodging and rolling sends me utterly insane though. A couple of his jumps throughout both sets were absurdly horrendous but Otori just wasn't primed for scooping (on stage).

clowsui

Smash Legend
Insane in a good or bad way? I happen to like his rolls quite a bit (even though he does do it kind of excessively). Moving w the MK while he is rolling is a good way to keep close to the MK without other movement options available eg wavedash

NH Cody

Smash Champion
everything Shaya said is pretty true

he almost NEVER used nair. the 2 or 3 times he used nair at high %s in both sets, he died because of it. He also did a weird *wait > uair* to platform pressure once, and it hit, but I definitely would've naired to platform pressure

the dtilting was to bait and punish rolls/airdodges

he didn't overcommit too much, which was good...
1st stock GF2 game 1 was soooo stupid lol. how does anyone think MK is even remotely fair xD

clowsui

Smash Legend
everything Shaya said is pretty true

he almost NEVER used nair. the 2 or 3 times he used nair at high %s in both sets, he died because of it. He also did a weird *wait > uair* to platform pressure once, and it hit, but I definitely would've naired to platform pressure

the dtilting was to bait and punish rolls/airdodges

he didn't overcommit too much, which was good...
1st stock GF2 game 1 was soooo stupid lol. how does anyone think MK is even remotely fair xD

nair highly situational, he uses it vs other MKs, just didn't see the need to vs Otori

wasn't a platform pressure tactic, he just wanted to punish landing option but missed the timing/misread the trajectory

he sparingly uses dtilt but is so good w it lol

and mikeneko's recovery vs MK isn't even as good as it should be

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Japanese MKs SDI out of Nair and punish you for it. Do you really think Mikeneko would disregard such an obvious option if it were as good as you think it is?

:059:

clowsui

Smash Legend
To be fair to Quest it's pretty hard to SDI out of Nair on reaction and it's not possible to SDI the application that he's referring to.

Kel

Smash Master
Wait, you guys aren't rethinking the MU are you? I refuse to believe that in 4 years time no one thought to SH retreating fair MK's shield and shield to up B MKs nado.

C.J.

Smash Master
UpB OoS vs nado was used a LOT in 08/early 09. Then Havok started playing Marth and never did it and got early kills with GR->upB

Then people stopped doing GR->upB and continued ignoring upB OoS vs nado

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
We stopped dolphin slashing tornado OoS because MK's angled/positioned it so they'd get hit by the weak hit and would often get a punish on us...

BUT, battlefield and camping under the centre platform.

Kel

Smash Master
How pissed would everyone be if I told you that I have MikeHaze vs Nick Riddle from MLG Raleigh back in 2010 and just never got around to uploading it?

Kel

Smash Master
Who won that ? I totally forgot
Nick did. I have two videos and I'm not sure if Mike took a game. It's pretty old and irrelevant at this point. Plus, it was a hand cam and taken at a slight angle. I can try to find it if people want it.

C.J.

Smash Master
I'd laugh more than anything xD

I spent about 45 minutes looking for it at one point haha

Top Bottom