• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
nothing. it's either the wii, the wii mote or the nun chuck. you should try an equation where only one of the original variables listed above are in play. the only sure fire way to discover the problem.

:phone:

Kel

Smash Master
No way, counterpicking Falcos to FD is an awful idea. It gives them more room to run away and leaves you with no plats to retreat to at low percent when they are looking for their 0-50 + mixup grab.

clowsui

Smash Legend
guys, i finally switched over to a gcc!!

I suck so much now...
since you're just starting out, i don't want you to build bad muscle habits

USE THE CLAW

have your index finger on y and your thumb on the cstick. this makes it really easy to control your aerials to the maximum degree

Tennet

Smash Champion
I don't really see the point in clawing for Brawl, with custom controls it seems a bit pointless..

clowsui

Smash Legend
custom controls are annoying as ****, i hate setting them up and taking the time to learn non-default settings

i started with melee which is part of the reason why i'm inclined to be against customs

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Update on yesterday's tourney:

Attila played really well and beat me out 3-1 in WF.

Rustled my jimmies. Croi was on cloud 9 from beating BBG in LSF, and the combination led to a 3-1 loss, I got outplayed. Got some sick new Sony headphones for 3rd place though, they're like $90 ones.

Tennet

Smash Champion
custom controls are annoying as ****, i hate setting them up and taking the time to learn non-default settings

i started with melee which is part of the reason why i'm inclined to be against customs
I started with melee and had no problem learning new controls a couple weeks ago..I like it better but I guess it's sorta preference.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No way, counterpicking Falcos to FD is an awful idea. It gives them more room to run away and leaves you with no plats to retreat to at low percent when they are looking for their 0-50 + mixup grab.
Have you ever played against Falco who's trying to get on stage from anywhere when he can't use platforms?

clowsui

Smash Legend
aside from the CG Falco is worse on FD vs Marth than he is on BF. i think falco is actually one of the best characters at trapping marth, but it requires platforms...meanwhile marth doesn't need platforms to trap falco, forces falco into bad positions @ any percent, etc.

as for CP'ing diddy to FD, it just depends on what you like and how good you are at dealing w camping. kel you're very patient so FD is actually a good choice. SV's short stage length + moving platform provides more of an offensive advantage but FD's huge length + lack of platforms help marth defensively vs diddy

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'd take almost anyone to RC (unless it's P1's Diddy).
Seriously, few people actually know that stage, is pretty funny to see people getting mad and blaming the stage for their own mistakes.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
oh no, I've played a few games against bots and now I can't stop, help. How do I get out of this?
Uninstall.

Alternatively, play Soloqueue and learn to hate the game before playing with friends makes you like it.

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
i want to try everything possible to fix the wiimote. And nova, i played the same wii, two different controllers, then another wii same two controllers, and the problem is still there. basically, when i walk, i do a buffered dash and then roll when i hit shield. when i dash, i start foxtrotting...

Player-3

Smash Hero
Wait, you guys are serious about picking FD? Back in 09 I used to metagame Diddy kongs by banning SV knowing that they would have less experience on FD, but this seems kind of crazy.
if you're good vs diddy kong you will do better on fd than sv

diddy dumps on marth harder than r kelly on an underaged female on sv

Kel

Smash Master
No way, SV is awesome for Marth. It's a shorter stage, so you don't have to worry about Diddy setting up, If you shield a banana under the plat, it pops up there and moves away from Diddy or the Diddy will jump toward it (giving you a read opportunity), and that delicious stage that Marths love so much.

BTW, Does marth have any fun grab release to tipper Fsmash on Diddy on the platform on SV or something like that?

C.J.

Smash Master
Are there things/places you guys can't do/go to because you associate them with bad memories?

Examples aren't necessary at all. Just collecting data.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yes.
Texas, Nike Saga
American Processed Cheese
American Processed Cheese
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE

(I'm actually not being entirely facetious here... trying to eat in texas is horror)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Shaya I need advice on Nair usage in general. Not trolling, I suck with the move and wanna learn it better

+ a video similar to your GR dair one for GR uair on MK

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Why would you ever want GR uair over Dair or DS?

@CJ: Sort of. Some stuff is uncomfortable, but I wouldnt say there are things I CAN'T do.

clowsui

Smash Legend
because I prefer MK in a juggle situation as opposed to knockdown when i'm in the middle of the stage. it's essentially why you should always choose uthrow over fthrow at lower percents unless you are at the edge

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
But..... He'll just float away to the ledge then get back on for free eventually because he's MK.

Uair is also a stupidly difficult link IIRC.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Marth is pretty good at ledge trapping MK! Additionally whenever the opopnent is on the ledge it's always better for Marth than if the opponent is on stage :p

and difficulty doesn't really matter to me, when I was but a babe (13 years old) I was doing multishines -> waveland w Falco ;o

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Nair is all about weaving to out space everything.

A common one is aiming the first hit of nair at where the enemy's hurtbox will extend to if they try to hit you, and then weave forward/backward appropriately. If you weave forward then the second hit will hopefully hit them in cool down, or give you space to arrange tipper and applying further pressure from that.

clowsui

Smash Legend
recent videos are mostly mikeneko. on thetantalus' stream archive there's new neo stuff (he said he was using it as learning exp)...

new mr-r stuff will be on ssbbgermany soon along w new leon stuff

mikehaze no new vids recently iirc

C.J.

Smash Master
In case I die this weekend!

<3 *almost* all of you guys!

Taking a friend to her mom's wedding in NC. Leaving tonight after her midterm (9pm, 10-11 hour drive)
My plan was to stay up all night last night, sleep all day today, then drive all night tonight and go white water rafting in the am.
Well, the middle part didn't happen lol. People were calling me all day/asking for favors/help/etc
So. Tired.

So yeah, driving all night, then immediately going white water rafting, on no sleep.

I GOT THIS!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I was thinking of that post CJ, and I realized how amazing of a person you are.
You don't mind going against your nature, struggling against your own sleep time, driving over 10 hours, and facing other eventualities for the sake of a friend.

You man, are beyond awesome.

C.J.

Smash Master
Looollll
There's a lot more to the story that makes it simultaneously more and less impressive. Still haven't slept. Been doing wedding things all day. About to go running and then.. Sleeeepppp

Top Bottom