• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Didn't realize it had been that long O_O

I think I sleep better with more clothes, unless more clothes makes it too hot, which, living here, is almost always the case.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't see how. Nike, Shaya, Slush, Leaf and I can all testify against that claim. :applejack:

Arxis

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, im back from a little smash break :p

Its Etecoon fault! It made me want to play Majora's Mask again! xD Its crazy how I had forgotten most of the game, but its almost 100% complete again. Only missing 1 bottle, and im close to look at gamefaqs cause i can't find it. And its not the one from the beaver race. :p

Anyway, back to ssbb. I started playing other characters much more to get a better idea of how to counter them, and I was wondering if there was a character who is the exact opposite of Marth? It might be a strange question, as how the ssbb chart is varied. But im asking because I think that I could get a better general understanding of the whole game if I could learn to play a character that relie on tactic and approche that you don't with Marth. I think it could give a big boost to my mind game, which is imo my worst aspect... as for now!

Its the 7th time I read the last paragraph and im not sure I get my point out. Damn language barrier! I'll keep writing my point and we'll see if people understand me. xD​

So I guess it must be a character that rely a lot on ranged attack. Samus or Zelda seems to be good candidate since they have nothing in common with Marth. Snake, ROB, Ness and Lucas might be good option too, but I can't really tell and thats why im asking for your opinion. Oh and I've started to play Falco a lot, but I think he still have a lot in common with Marth so it won't work with my experiment.

I know that all character are unique and I should learn them all, but I'm trying to get the big picture before going in the details.

Edit: Oh and that Hitler video... HILAROUS !! XD

Arxis

Smash Cadet
arxis, imo what u are wanting to do will not help you at all and doesn't really make sense.
I don't know man. Since i've started playing recently, I only saw the game through Marth and so I think I should have a global vision of the game. And by playing a character who's completly different than Marth, I would have to deal with aspect I never had to with Marth, thus giving me experience! I need to level up!!

I know that I'll have to learn every character to get the whole picture of the game, but I gotta start somewhere, and I should start where I know less. No? Or maybe I thinking too hard.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll think about it. I think Slush wanted people to go to his place to watch though. :applejack:

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
you're thinking about it too hard, although its fun to play as different characters you have to know how that character is played at a high level.

there really is no character the exact opposite of marth. you should practice the basics with marth, spacing being the biggest one.

@nike thanks

:phone:

C.J.

Smash Master
MLP: Fighting is Magic. 2D fighter starring all your favorite ponies! (WIP)

So far they have PP, AJ, TS, and Rarity done. PP looks top tier and AJ has a few REALLY good throw mix-ups and hits pretty hard. I can't tell who is better between AJ and TS. Rarity is underwhelming.

Reizilla

Yeah, he's got a tough loser's bracket after losing to Trela in round 2.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Wow, wtffffffff. Mike vs Will round2 and Leon vs Larry round 2 and Mr.R vs ESAM round 3 (if he makes it that far)

Idk if any Marth even makes it to round 4 winners.

Reizilla

If Ramin can channel his spirit from game 4 of his MM with Esam, it'll be a really good set.

Trela better upset M2K.

C.J.

Smash Master
Wow, wtffffffff. Mike vs Will round2 and Leon vs Larry round 2 and Mr.R vs ESAM round 3 (if he makes it that far)

Idk if any Marth even makes it to round 4 winners.
Eh, it's hard for them, but definitely doable. But that's not that important tbh. The bracket version prior to this was basically impossible for 1/2 of the hype players. This version is amazingly done.

If Ramin can channel his spirit from game 4 of his MM with Esam, it'll be a really good set.

Trela better upset M2K.
I wanna see the MM D=

Top Bottom