• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

V

Smash Ace
Its not me taking it personally as much as it is me being unaware of why people dismiss the idea of 1 stock matches so quickly which is why I asked why people are against it.

:phone:

Nike.

Smash Hero
How do you select neutrals? The community is quite split on 5,7, or 9 starters, so how would you narrow them down for every game?

EDIT: Just saw your last post on the thread lol

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
A lot of people just prefer the idea of being able to hold leads and make comebacks as opposed to something that can cost you greatly for a mistake that's bound to happen. This comeback ability is generally agreed to be shown better through multiple stocks.

I mentioned in the thread that I don't see why full list stage striking would be a problem with this ruleset.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaya, whats that song at 2:50+? Mass Effect(Random guess)?
I believe that's a song on the wii that was playing (I had background music playing from my computer but I don't recognise what's playing), so I have no idea as it's not my wii.

Actually.. considering the song changes at around 4 minutes... I think that may actually be one of my songs. I just have no idea what it is :|

I know the song that comes after that is a daft punk song from tron, so there's a chance that this other song is one of those daft punk tron songs too (which I haven't put all too much effort into listening to). It may just be the quality of the encode, but whatever is playing sounds terrible (imo) that I may have had it in my play list and if I heard it again I would have removed it (my general play list is adding bazillion albums and when I hear a song that's **** I remove it).

-

Also after rewatching, I would say the best match (in terms of how I played) was the 4th/last one: Marth v Sonic on battlefield. I think I played pretty well in terms of edge guarding techniques and really abusing battlefield's two lower platforms for forced pressure (jab / ftilt usage, sliding walks, walks into pivot grabs). I also recovered pretty well in terms of landing as to not get my *** fsmashed like 50 times like the 3rd match.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Shaya, your supposed to JV4 stock Sonics :(

I see what you were saying with bairs to counter recovering spin dashes or when he's charging it on the SV platform. It's **** when timed right.

And black suites you so much more than the ghey white.

V

Smash Ace
I made some revisions to my rules and came to this

1 stock
3 minutes
7 matches per set
Players strike from the current full list to 7 stages and each is used once
Double blind for each match
LGL of 15
Any form of stalling is banned
All infinites except ICs grabs are banned
The player that takes the most stocks at the end is the victor.

The merits of this are that with 7 stocks/matches each player has ample chances to win in case of a mistake that costs a match. With strict rules to prevent time outs players are forced to actually go for kills. With 1 stock matches the winner isn't punished by having to approach since the game is reset after a single stock is taken. Double blind for each game creates excitement and makes players choose on intuition rather than MUs since there are too many variables that make choosing based off MUs unviable. This allows for the truly better player to win.

If you still wanted 3 stock matches you could do this.

3 stocks
8 minutes
3 matches per set
Players strike to 3 stages from the full list
Double blind each match
LGL of 30
Character infinites are legal
Any form of stalling is banned
Player to remove the most stocks wins the set

What do you guys think of each?

KillLock

Smash Lord
Probably gonna be trying out a 2 stock setting next tournament. Will be interesting I think, 3 stocks always felt a bit too long so we'll see whats up.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
@title:

I've been waiting for this day for 5 years.

ffffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

longggggggggg

wholeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yeaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssssssssssssss

NOW TO RE-READ BOOKS 1-9 AND THEN ****ING MARATHON THROUGH 10 + 11 + 11.5
SEE YOU GUYS AT CHRISTMAS.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Quit stretching my pages. And don't listen to Nike. Not going white is what caused you to lose that tournament :p

V

Smash Ace
Because most people can't figure out what role to fill and how to work together with their partner.

Roy's ouR boy

Smash Rookie
Hello Marth boards!

I think this might be the place to introduce myself, but I'm not certain. (I apologize if it's not).

Any who, My name is Roy, and I am a Marth main. I've been smashing for quite some time, and I'm a part of the smash scene at So-Cal. I've looked at the boards many times in the past, but for whatever reason never really made an account.

I figured it's time to finally make one, the community combo video was a great incentive ;). I hope I am able to learn as well as being able to add my own input onto these boards!​

Mr-R

Smash Champion
LOL I was already in berlin when the week was over, so had no time to change it !

Top Bottom