• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

VietGeek

Smash Hero
yeah judge, i'm mostly german (not born there though)

brautwurst and kraut all day son

also chair what the **** are you talking about i'm not playing smash

i'm judging your metagame by your cities

have a terrible feeling that italy is going to be complete fail, they can't even build buildings straight up
P-3 how are you suppose to compare EU metagames with GA's

GA has nogaems.

Also you should pester some German players to play Brawl+ with you. And ask for Baumkuchen to put on your head idk buy a beer with ur BK so you can DK while you watch Animeshon in Englisch subs with Italian dubs on an overpriced bullet train that smells like Curselax

And watch German car chases while eating tofu in Little Saigon because you thought the Phở was フシギソウ-flavored ice cream obv :012:

obv :048:

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I thought that too, but then I realized DK can juggle marth just as well as Marth can juggle him...
then minty realized that marth can fall away from dk facing him while being able to cover his frontside while dks only counter option for this situation is is b-air and air dodge, which isn't detached like marth's f-air

then minty realized dk's grab range actually isn't that good, not to mention, his grab comes out on frame 8 making ff f-air + jab/sidestep a gaurenteed counter measure for getting shield grabbed if you mispace

then minty realized dk's horizontal aerial movement isn't that great, not to mention he can't really jump forward and threaten you should you be aerial born because oh ya... he has no decent forward approach

then minty stopped making uninformed posts on the marth boards as he has been doing for so long

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
yeah judge, i'm mostly german (not born there though)

brautwurst and kraut all day son

also chair what the **** are you talking about i'm not playing smash

i'm judging your metagame by your cities

have a terrible feeling that italy is going to be complete fail, they can't even build buildings straight up
Rome has some of the most amazing looking buildings. You should def. check out some of Bernini's artwork. Try to visit every church you see btw ;) (they're beautiful, I can recommend you some stuff if you're going there :O )

stingers

Smash Obsessed
does it actually mean anything though

i think I'm going to apply to every social group and see how many I get into

success.

i completely forgot about that bbr application wow XD

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
then minty realized that marth can fall away from dk facing him while being able to cover his frontside while dks only counter option for this situation is is b-air and air dodge, which isn't detached like marth's f-air

then minty realized dk's grab range actually isn't that good, not to mention, his grab comes out on frame 8 making ff f-air + jab/sidestep a gaurenteed counter measure for getting shield grabbed if you mispace

then minty realized dk's horizontal aerial movement isn't that great, not to mention he can't really jump forward and threaten you should you be aerial born because oh ya... he has no decent forward approach

then minty stopped making uninformed posts on the marth boards as he has been doing for so long

then minty got *****
Fixed it for you

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
this just in

real smashers use lysol

the neutra is def a typo

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
did you know that even if you powershield zss' d-smash she still maintains a +3 on you lol (for shield drop) and she avoids being up-bd oos by 1 frame

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
it takes 11 frames to fair oos neko, 7 to jump (just as quick as db oos because shield drop is also 7 and db is 4).

and yea, zss dsmash is really gay. the game treats it as a projectile so there is no hitlag.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
you can react with counter, db, or jab

the way you have to play vs zss is keep your eyes on that ***** the whole time lolol

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Tbh i've never played a zss offline so im not actually sure if it is realistic to interrupt her before the hitbox comes out on reaction.
theoretically, a smashers reaction time is around 10 frames, so it should be quite feasible given the marth has adequate experience in the matchup.

clowsui

Smash Legend
25: mikeHAZE
25: Blue Rogue
25: Jash
25: NinjaLink
25: Grimace
33: Vex Kasrani
33: coney
33: Fizzle_Boy
33: Steel Samurai

MikeHAZE
Won v. XypherCoop
Won v. LK24
Lost v. RichBrown
Won v. Dark3nergy
Won v. Anther
Won v. Kel
Lost v. Ook

Steel Samurai
Won v. ArcRevived
Won v. Poe-
Won v. Hilt
Lost v. Lee Martin
Lost v. Jem

wtf, why are their placings only one different?

∫unk

Smash Master
lol at the person that applied for everything

did you get to fight lots of good peoples this time?
thanks, and honestly i didn't focus on the names. i asked for advice regardless of the opponent

^post location: marth boards
troll!

When I saw Junk's purple name I f***ing called him LOL right in the middle of our MLG text conversation.
i think i was in the bathroom. that's actually kinda an awkward situation when your phone rings in a public restroom...

--

i want to say everyone i met from marth boards (Punishment Divine, Pierce, Ankoku, hope I didn't forget anybody) were all really cool. i hope i get to see you guys again.

PD stick with it! this game is whack but we're still playing it xD that angry power ***** ref girl lol

Pierce you were a lot cooler than I thought you'd be. I hope we get to play/hang out in the future.

Ankoku i barely got to talk to you but you definitely could fit in with west coast :]

--

as far as marth... i think he still has a lot more room to grow. there's some combination of frame traps and reads that no marth has attained yet.

CO18

Smash Hero
25: mikeHAZE
25: Blue Rogue
25: Jash
25: NinjaLink
25: Grimace
33: Vex Kasrani
33: coney
33: Fizzle_Boy
33: Steel Samurai

MikeHAZE
Won v. XypherCoop
Won v. LK24
Lost v. RichBrown
Won v. Dark3nergy
Won v. Anther
Won v. Kel
Lost v. Ook

Steel Samurai
Won v. ArcRevived
Won v. Poe-
Won v. Hilt
Lost v. Lee Martin
Lost v. Jem

wtf, why are their placings only one different?
Mike lost in round 2 winners, steel in round 3 so mike had to win two extra matches in losers or w/e

Albert.

Smash Master
I'm all for music talks, GHNeko, but that's kind of off-topic LOLLLLL

For once we were actually talking about the games and players xD

Junk that's funny I didn't know you were in the bathroom. I've never actually heard your voice. I can only assume that it's all ASIAN.

It's cool that Pierce is cooler than he seems.

I might go to Apex or Raleigh it just depends on the cash I can make. I really want to meet some of you. It seems like it would be a pretty unique moment- I have all these perceptions and notions about you guys but it's all based on a stupid avatar and some words on a screen.

I didn't play brawl for about a week and I was just playing it. I think a bunch of bad habits were forgotten. Hopefully.

Fair OOS is under-utilized. At least by me.

zer0.

Smash Apprentice
as far as marth... i think he still has a lot more room to grow. there's some combination of frame traps and reads that no marth has attained yet.
Good to read this. I've been having second thoughts about marth lately. I mean, mikeHAZE is so amazing and he placed 25th. No disrepect to mike or the players that beat him, just saying that's not a good sign. At least, I'm taking a deeper look into non-west coast marths, even though I consider it the most efficient playstyle so far.

Roxas M

Smash Master
i never knew junk was asian when i saw him at scsa. lmao x.x

congratz on getting a purple name junk. :)

nair OOS is too good. haven't really tried fair OOS though.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
fair oos is 9 frames...

Marth's jump has 5 frames start up.

Also Pierce is a mad dawg.
You guys should be more "aware" how lucky you guys are Ankoku actually went outside.

I spent like 7 months trying to convince him to go ANYWHERE outside the state when I was in the states. MLG was like the first time he has haha (well technically second, but the other one was a neighbouring state).

I'm all for music talks, GHNeko, but that's kind of off-topic LOLLLLL
I remember once there was this topic, forgot what it was called, but it had purpose. It was amazing. The cornerstone of all things great in the universe. Unfortunately it has fallen off the face of the earth in recent times, but maybe, maybe, one day it will rise from the ashes like the PHOENIX it is, burning RED HOT.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I NEVER EVER told alex i was going I have no idea why he put my on the special guest list xD
dont worry ally is coming here next month so we can at least do a little bit of comparision ;o
Yeah, well you said you might be coming here, which I chose to interpret as "I will absolutely be coming".

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Tbh, Alex Strife asked me whether or not Ramin would come. I told him most likely no, don't expect him to come. Even then, he already noted Ramin as a special guest right away. Not that's it's all that bad or to make a fuss of, but it shouldn't have been used as a marketing tool right away :p

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Everybody here should play TvC.

Except for Mike. Keep repping Marth and go beat Nick Riddle already.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Guys, I've had this weird empowering feeling in brawl lately. Like I feel like I am going to just **** on EVERYONE that isn't named Candy (hell, he can get some too) at my next tourney. I'm so freakin pumped, I just feel like my spacing has been so on-point lately, along with my quick-decision making and mid-game adjustments. Plus I feel super comfortable with basically every matchup.

June 19th (MD/VA Gamepad tourney) can't come soon enough.

Top Bottom