• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Can someone critique the videos i posted in the critique thread please.

pulse131

Smash Ace
figured id leave a post since i visit so much. marth's mah high tier main. ill have to post some vids later.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LE5FEWW9

OKAY GUYS, PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ABOVE ^ ITS LIKE 20 MB OR SOMETHING

anyway, I can imagine this working in tourney matches, Ill explain how it works
assuming most of you know what platform canceling is.. ( this will only work on stages with moving platforms )
Isn't it annoying when ur grabreleasing mk and all of a sudden that stupid platform from SV is ruining ur ( guarenteed ) hit on metaknight ?
well I was messing around with platform canceling and I actually found a pretty good gimmick,u platform cancel and then instantly grab him WHILE he's shielding, sure MK could jump or up b ( instead of shielding ) but THATS BOTH punishable as well, besides most mk's just shield because they think thats the safest option for them, its nothing guarenteed but its at least better then not doing anything at all

video 1, is just to show the possibilities of platformcancel to grab.
as u can see there was no other way of punishing MK for his side b, I just wouldn't make it intime without the platformcancel

video 3 is just something I needed to get online for a certain link community combo vid xD

just shield break lol.

anyway, does doop walk tip mk grab release work in theory?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I can't replicate the inputs in frame mode.

But it -may- be possible for doop walk to dsmash.
Well, IF IT WAS POSSIBLE i'd say it would be the only smash you could hit with.

But I think the issue is that doop walking can't be full speed instantly. It speeds up just like walking... I think...

If someone could show me someome from a neutral position instantly doop walking his near max/distance it could work in theory.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
how am I late, I haven't seen anyone else use this out of grab release xD

etecoon

Smash Hero
I haven't actually seen this/had it done to me yet, is it possible to SDI towards the stage and tech like with falco's CG to spike?

∫unk

Smash Master
ye s

no need to tech you'll just land on stage and marth won't be close enough to punish you if you roll in

although teching will immediately put you in a punishment position

∫unk

Smash Master
well i guess how far off stage are you talking about

for falco's cg spike i don't get spiked below the stage ever regardless of where his last grab was and that's with ddd

but maybe if marth's spike is really really far away

or someone told me once you can't SDI or DI marth's tipper moves?

Black Marf

Smash Apprentice
well i guess how far off stage are you talking about

for falco's cg spike i don't get spiked below the stage ever regardless of where his last grab was and that's with ddd

but maybe if marth's spike is really really far away

or someone told me once you can't SDI or DI marth's tipper moves?
From my experience, all of Marth's tipper moves can be SDI'd or DI'd. I'm pretty sure they can be SDI'd because I take note every time my opponent warps to a different point. It's hilarious because it does absolutely nothing to help them survive.

I'm pretty sure the spike can be DI'd, because I'm not sure how else I'd explain my friend landing back on the stage as frequently as he does.

I always felt like Marth would be a better character if every tip didn't have such a long hit frame animation. It'd be a lot harder to DI his kill moves.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I only look at mikehazes vids, since neo and YOU ( kadaj ) never record anything xD. most recent match I've seen must be mikehaze vs tearbear

also could u link me something similar to what I did ( in an actual match )
not talking bout the platform cancel but the grabrelease>PC>grab

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
ONly marth's tipper fsmash has cinematic hit lag.

Oh and his Up smash if his feet and sword hitboxes glitch together like they do sometimes.
(Feet hitbox have cinematic hitlag :p)

And eh,

MK's grab release animation, and the horizontal distance Marth covers to actually spike MK, whilst it would rarely ever be not SDIable to survive (because its like 12 frames of hitlag, you can practically SDI around smashville with that; lol maybe exaggeration) but in human terms? yeah it's not like Falco's dthrow to dair where you're NEXT TO THE STAGE ALWAYS.

∫unk

Smash Master
Not that close if you get grabbed at the farthest spot possible for the dair

that said people still aren't sdi-ing falcos cg spike even though (like this) you know exactly what's coming

Black Marf

Smash Apprentice
ONly marth's tipper fsmash has cinematic hit lag.
What.

We are talking about the thing that causes hit lag to occur longer than normal, right? I distinctly remember that hitlag screwing up my fast falling when I was a noob.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth's tipper fsmash cannot be SDI'd, moves that have such a function are known as having Cinematic Hit Lag.

Base Hit Lag in the game is based on the damage of the move,
however each hitbox has a variable that has a ratio of how much that hitlag is changed when it hits an opponent.

All of marth's non tipper moves have a ratio less than 100% for hitlag, resulting in being given more frame advantage on his moves that hit shields.
All of Marth's tipper moves have MORE hitlag than the base, making them less safe on shields.

Hit lag modifiers only take place when they hit someone.
However if Marth hits anything that hitlag applies to him. However base hitlag always remains the same if it hits a shield.

Example:
Marth's dtilt does 8, 9 or 10 damage.
8 Damage is his body, 9 is the sword mostly and 10 is the tip.

Both 9 and 10 damage have a base hit lag of 7.
Shield stun in the game has a set formula of floor(Damage / 3).
Marth's non-tippered hits have a 70% hitlag ratio.
Meaning when Marth hits someone with his untippered dtilt both characters will experience 5 frames of hit lag.
However when Marth hits an opponent's shield, he still experiences the 70% hitlag, whilst the opponent will experience 100% hit lag. In other words, Marth is given an extra 2 frames of shield advantage based on that ratio.
Hence "Shield hit lag (7) + shield stun (3) = 10".

Now take Marth's tipper dtilt,
He has a 125% hitlag ratio. maths maths maths, the hitlag modifier that only applies to Marth when it hits a shield negates the shield hit stun.
Lamema****er.

[05:09] kadajj90: shaya is like the oracle of marth lol
[05:09] kadajj90: you should sig that XD

Mr-R

Smash Champion
OKAY going to a big tourney tomorrow in france!
wish me luck guyzzzzzzzzzz

RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrR

Top Bottom