• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Well my parents seem to have vamoosed so if anyone wants to hang out just give me a call. (316) 522-2788

well karmacide was wanting to know if people wanted to smash...i was going to go to his house tonight to play...soo thats an option too

Depster

Smash Champion
hm not much of a chance of that unless it was Saturday night, which would most likely just be a Smashfest at someone's house, and I don't think my parents would go for that =p

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
The tournament starts at 3:00pm, but ends whenever. We'll be having free-play after (and maybe during) the tournament; you should at least stop by later.

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
All is brawl
Solid wrote at 4:09 AM on Aug 19, 2008:
Incredibly cheap BANANAS, U WON "******* OF THE CENTURY" AWARD. you know those bananas aren't exactly fair, I absolutely had to pick a swordsman to hit u because there wasn't much of any thing I could do about getting around the bananas, at least I had reach. CAN'T BLOCK "TRIP" CAN'T ROLL "TRIP". you heavily relied on those bananas to give u an opening, all u had to do was just spam bananas so I couldn't get up, you probably didn't even have to think about what you were doing! Man, and here I was thinking Snake was CHEAP! U just redefined ultimate cheapness, at least there something u can do about Snakes attacks. Do U know what it is?!? IT'S DODGING. But as for diddykong, he has combo smashing, theres not a thing u can do about dodging attacks just infinate trip your way to DOOM.

Man, if u gimme a remacth don't even think about that chain grabbing bull****. cause I'll just whip out a cheap one my own.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
All is brawl
Incredibly cheap BANANAS, U WON "******* OF THE CENTURY" AWARD. you know those bananas aren't exactly fair, I absolutely had to pick a swordsman to hit u because there wasn't much of any thing I could do about getting around the bananas, at least I had reach. CAN'T BLOCK "TRIP" CAN'T ROLL "TRIP". you heavily relied on those bananas to give u an opening, all u had to do was just spam bananas so I couldn't get up, you probably didn't even have to think about what you were doing! Man, and here I was thinking Snake was CHEAP! U just redefined ultimate cheapness, at least there something u can do about Snakes attacks. Do U know what it is?!? IT'S DODGING. But as for diddykong, he has combo smashing, theres not a thing u can do about dodging attacks just infinate trip your way to DOOM.

Man, if u gimme a remacth don't even think about that chain grabbing bull****. cause I'll just whip out a cheap one my own.
So... much... fail...

Clel

Smash Journeyman
All is brawl

I have to agree with Solid, Bananas are the SUXORS, diddy is gay omg cheapest character ever. I mained Marth just to counter that guy, spamming Fair and Dancing Blades is tough work but that whole banana business is so easy to do!!! It's just not fair >(

On another note Snake+Wiimote Nunchuck Combo+Wifi Basic Brawl = WIN!!! I've never won so many matches while not trying.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I have to agree with Solid, Bananas are the SUXORS, diddy is gay omg cheapest character ever. I mained Marth just to counter that guy, spamming Fair and Dancing Blades is tough work but that whole banana business is so easy to do!!! It's just not fair >(
Wow. Just wow...

Karmacide

Smash Lord
All is brawl

Some guy named Solid thinks Snake is cheap? Also, it always amuses me to hear scrubs complain about stuff good players can deal with. :)

Also, I'm starting to have a real thing for Samus. <3

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
man I cant wait till saturday!!!! also im gonna try and throw a couple of techniques into my fighting style for the tourny =) the little boy lucas will have some gifts for all

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Seasons Beatings 3

Soul Caliber 4 / Tekken 5 / Guilty Gear X2: Accent Core / Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournaments in KC, all in one day, next month.

Anyone interested?

Hopefully they can change the date of it from Sunday to Saturday...

KY_Des

Smash Ace
SuperGamer - Kyle the Marines tried to get Brandon and I to join we told them putting up with 1st sgt. in JROTC was enough for us.

hahaha nice.

I'm hella down for the Seasons Beatings 3. I'm pretty decent in all those games! Throw Arcana Heart in there and I'm guaranteed to place good in something!!! lol

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Some guy named Solid thinks Snake is cheap? Also, it always amuses me to hear scrubs complain about stuff good players can deal with. :)

Also, I'm starting to have a real thing for Samus. <3

NOOOOO!!!

What about Peach?? T-T
Snake needs another good slap in the face!!!
And Lucas... eat your fukkin vegetables!

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
This post will be both here and in the bi-weekly topic.

With this weekend's Bi-weekly quickly approaching I'd like to remind everyone to clear your schedules and come prepared to play for a long time. I'll be opening the doors much earlier, so feel free to start showing up at noon.

We will not be having pools this time around. We will not be using the No Tripping code except for maybe the grand finals if I get around to it. I want to make sure we can have the code on all wiis before we implement it. It would be unfair to have it on just one station.

On the issue of Wiimote players. If you know how to use a Gamecube controller, please do so. We had a VERY big problem caused last time by a wiimore being left connected to a tournament wii and turning the system off when it's owner left, shutting off a very close match that was on its last stock on the last match. Not. Cool. If you must bring a wiimore, please disconnect it from the wii and remove your batteries between matches.

We should have more room to walk this time as I've come up with another design for setting things up so there's that. I need to have at least 4 wiis and TVs coming (this does not include my own) though to take full advantage of what I want to do, so if you are capable of bringing a setup please let me know. We will probably be using the side room as well for matches as well as a spot for me to access tio. Please do not put your results into tio without telling me. If I am in a match just wait, I won't be very long and you'll avoid ticking me off. Win-win. Please read over the rules before you arrive. There will be a printout of the rules and stage availability provided for you. Upon further retrospect, I may be changing a couple of the counterpick stages around to balance it a bit more for characters who seem to be lacking in a viable counterpick (considering we now have players who main some of these).

We are striving for -speed- this week and I want to definitely get both singles and teams through. Because of this, if everyone arrives early we will start early. It is important to call someone and let them know you are coming so that I can find out and won't start without you. We will also be having another gimmick that Affinity came up with. This week's gimmick is Choose Your Opponent's Character. The full rules will be provided before the event.

YOU WILL SHOWER AND PUT ON DEODERANT BEFORE YOU COME. I don't care if you showered at 7 in the morning YOU WILL SHOWER AGAIN BEFORE YOU COME.

YOU WILL SHOWER

SHOWER

Got it?

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
lol i wanna smash today. i think that this time instead of doing pools we go by what place you took in the last tourney. That will speed it up and it will be about the same thing as running pools. but really we smashing today or what?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
lol i wanna smash today. i think that this time instead of doing pools we go by what place you took in the last tourney. That will speed it up and it will be about the same thing as running pools. but really we smashing today or what?
We should. You hosting?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h6aDbwpM3w

This person stole the editing I did for my Bounce With Me AMV that many of you are familiar with and is refusing to credit me or Zarxrax (they also jacked editing from the original version of his Fanservice AMV). I highly suggest spamming the living **** out of them and rating their videos one star.

Too bad I can't smash with you guy tonight, but I got the Raw Rant to do and the rest of the week I'm going to be busy with my homework and an essay for Anthropology.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
My DDD just Dedecided, sucking DK through the ledge FTW

My Dedede and Waddle dees are ****in magic.

Top Bottom